No announcement yet.

Group B Thread - Iran, Spain, Portugal, Morocco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have once played in Germany World Cup 2006 against Portugal with a young Iran without our star Ali Daei and in first half as I remember we played good defence and first half was 0:0. Also Rasoul Khatibi had a chance to make it in the second half

https://youtu.be/neOoxbFEeuc

Comment

I really need to triple check sources. Everyone was saying Amrabat was not in today, and he was arguably one of the best on the pitch today.

Tough luck to Morocco. Portugal is very beatable, you guys. It's a long shot, but if there was a TM to do it, this one is it.

Comment

Why are you guys considering perfomances from 4 years ago never mind from 2006.

Colombia humilated Japan four years ago.

And remember Europeon teams have always done well in early stages in Europeon World Cups.

Comment

You have to feel for morocco. They played two great games, had most possession and created more chances but at the end they lost both games by narrow margin. If they had a true finisher, it could have been a totally different story so far .. that said, the point here is that Iran did a great job overcoming a team like Morocco. They proved today how powerful they are .

Comment

Morocco had 13 shots inside the box in two games.

Serves them right to be eliminated to be honest if they can't finish.

Comment

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
              We have once played in Germany World Cup 2006 against Portugal with a young Iran without our star Ali Daei and in first half as I remember we played good defence and first half was 0:0. Also Rasoul Khatibi had a chance to make it in the second half

https://youtu.be/neOoxbFEeuc
              Our star Ali Daei? I don't know if you're old enough to remember but he was too old by the time wc 2006 hit and was dragging us down for the games he played

Comment

Originally posted by persianballer View Post
                Our star Ali Daei? I don't know if you're old enough to remember but he was too old by the time wc 2006 hit and was dragging us down for the games he played
                Did Daie play in that game!?
                sigpic
                Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Azeem98 View Post
                  Morocco had 13 shots inside the box in two games.

Serves them right to be eliminated to be honest if they can't finish.
                  good point
                  هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                  نگاه میکنید.
                  sigpic
                  I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                    Did Daie play in that game!?
                    Yes he did.
                    EDIT: Nvm He played vs Mexico and Angola.

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                      Anyone saying Portugal is just Ronaldo needs to watch this game. All their players are dribbling around Moroccan players. I think Portugal will prove to be harder than Spain

Edit: I will say though the Portugese defense is allowing a lot of pressure into their box, but Portugal looks dangerous on every attack
                      Ronaldo has scored all their goals, so yes it is all Ronaldo, if Ronaldo didnt play today they probably wouldnt have won

Comment

The American referee and his team really sucked!

Amrabat just said on Dutch TV that apparently during HT the referee asked Pepe whether he could get his jersey after the match. WTF?! :-/
                        Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedram123 View Post
                          Even IF we draw spain we would need to win versus Portugal cause of the 3-3 score in the first match.
                          So what?
                          You think we were going to advance with 3 losses?
                          This is football. We're supposed to win to move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by JamB View Post
                            I’m pretty sure they clear after group stages
                            Just being honest but it doesn't matter what you're "pretty sure" about, what matters is what the actual rules are.

The actual rule is that yellows are wiped after the quarter-final, a new rule that wipes them after the group stage hasn't been introduced.

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                              The American referee and his team really sucked!

Amrabat just said on Dutch TV that apparently during HT the referee asked Pepe whether he could get his jersey after the match. WTF?! :-/
                              I am not surprised. He clearly ignored at least one penalty against Portugal. Its obvious Fifa is pushing for Spain and Portugal to advance.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyOscy View Post
                                Just being honest but it doesn't matter what you're "pretty sure" about, what matters is what the actual rules are.

The actual rule is that yellows are wiped after the quarter-final, a new rule that wipes them after the group stage hasn't been introduced.
                                Chill out dawg, don’t get too worked up boro relax

Comment

Working...
                                X