Group B Thread - Iran, Spain, Portugal, Morocco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group B Thread - Iran, Spain, Portugal, Morocco

Let's Keep all the talk about the rest of the teams in our group in this thread. Keeping some kind of structure on the forum.

Tomorrows games are the following

Morocco vs Iran

Spain vs Portugal

An major advice! If you want to know what time each game is just google Group B Schedule and Google should show the group, each game, and time start for each game in YOUR SPECIFIC TIMEZONE.

Here are some twitter accounts worth Following if you want to know stuff about these teams in detail.(There is a function on twitter that translates all tweets to what ever language you use on your webrowser/phone.:

FIFA Official Morocco correspondent Zineb EL Houari
    Follow https://twitter.com/fifaworldcupmar

FIFA Official Iran correspondent Siavash Rahmani
    https://twitter.com/fifaworldcupirn

FIFA Official Spain correspondent Antia Andre Hernandez
    https://twitter.com/fifaworldcupesp

FIFA Official Portugal correspondent Raquel Branco
    https://twitter.com/fifaworldcuppor

Let me be the first to say on behalf of 80 million Iranians, lets give some positive vibes and energy to our team for tomorrows crucial game. I m optimistic we will win this game and show the world against all odds ( sanctions, mismanagement, lack of facilities) we shall persevere, we shall overcome!.....

Comment

I'm really not sure what way it would go. If it wasn't for the suspension, I would've been confident in Iran, but now they really need to get their defence right. I don't know a lot about Morocco, but both teams can win 3-0 on the right day.

Especially after seeing Russia/Saudi. A team with no defence and missing both defenders, their goalscorer, and another played injured early still won 5-0...

Do we end up like Russia and have our quality and discipline beat a ragtag bunch easily, or will we be like Saudi Arabia - a team that has to be open and attacking and thus end up getting torn apart because of it?

Comment

Morocco head coach Herve Renard had this to say about one of the Atlas Lions' star players Hakim Ziyach today: “In the past we had a few problems but now everything is perfect. He understood me and I understood him. He's a very important player for us and for a coach like me, it's fantastic to have a player with his skill level."

This will be the 36th meeting between the Spain and Portugal teams. Spain have the better track record with 16 victories to Portugal's six.

Comment

Our players both in ability and mentality are nothing like Saudis, honestly we shouldn't compare ourselves with them.

Comment

We are not going to leave tomorrow's game without scoring one goal, that is what my feelings tell me. And I am a pessimist. I don't post on this board because people call you tratior, etc for not being full on delusional, so if I'm saying we'll score it must mean something (it doesn't, but you know what i mean)

Comment

I am so confident in our boys it's not even funny! Iran is going to win the group. Yes. I said it! No shoombool cutting is necessary either.

Comment

As another user said, no ezatolahi is our biggest concern. But good news is quieroz has known for a long time he’d be missing him so he is prepared

Guys I am so nervous about this game, it’s been a long journey but it’s finally here. So many simulations on FIFA, so many bad dreams and nightmares, statistical analysis. None of it matters tomorrow. 90 minutes against Morocco for our boys and quieroz to show the world what we are made of

Comment

Morocco have one of the best defenders in Serie A:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medhi_Benatia

I hope our boys, Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh can overcome this guy and his buddies tomorrow.

Comment

Morocco's attack is bad and they struggle away from home, while their goalkeeper isn't great playing in the Spanish second-tier (but then ours and our central defence only plays in Iran...).

If Iran reach their potential, they should win well. For the love of God/Allah they need to be disciplined in defence without our key man though.

Comment

Morocco Is the top team of Africa and they have many great European players. We have had international sanctions and poor facilities.. We are the under dogs
                      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Guys i am sooooo damn nervous for tomorrow. I hope to god we have a historic game. I will be cheering the boys all the way through the WC whenever it ends for us. But i know i will probably age 10 years in the span of the 2 hours tomorrow during the match especially if TM takes the lead during the game.

Positive thoughts and prayers for Iran and all TM supporters. Our people need some good news.

Comment

Some of you express how nervous you are! I'm actually rather very very excited!!!!!!

Have faith in our players people! Have faith in CQ!!!! No matter if we win, lose or draw tomorrow, we're gonna put up a h*ll of a show the world has never seen us do!!!!!

Keep the positive energy coming!!!!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooo TM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Why are we always in the group of death?

Comment

Originally posted by IranTM View Post
                              Why are we always in the group of death?
                              Because Iran are 4th or 3rd seeds, so there are always going to be 2 or 3 better teams to face.

2014 wasn't a group of death anyway. Nigeria and Bosnia weren't special. It was a relatively good draw.

Comment

Working...
                              X