FIFA World Cup 2022 draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
    Every team is beatable. North Korea defeated and eliminated 2 time champion Italy in 1966 WC to reach the quarterfinals.

But with Skocic in charge that would take a miracle.
    Damn, even North Korea makes it to next round...

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
      Damn, even North Korea makes it to RO 16...
      There were only 16 teams in the WC back then so they reached the quarterfinals. They would have reached the semifinals had they held on to their 3-0 lead over Portugal.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
        There were only 16 teams in the WC back then so they reached the quarterfinals. They would have reached the semifinals had they held on to their 3-0 lead over Portugal.
        See edited post.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          Am I crazy for kind of wanting Brazil? I feel like they’re beatable
          I prefer to see them in the finals :-) :-)
          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by P-Rug View Post
            The David v. Goliath thing he would do was in front of the media (to actually take pressure off of the team); I doubt that's what he would tell them in the locker room or in day to day interactions.

It's like any other situation in life...if you lack experience in a setting, you will be nervous/out of your element; if you have lots of experience, the nerves won't be there as much.

This time around, players like Azmoun and Taremi who experienced the pressure and setting of the last WC will likely be in a much better mindset from the get-go (especially having also played in high-pressure Champions Leagues games over the last few years).
            Again, no argument about experience. For sure, that helps. But I feel coach influences the mood and environment some too. For example, when we needed four wins in a row to make it to the final round of WC qualification, Skocic kept it very low key and kept saying we can do it and did not over dramatize the situation which I think was helpful to our performance.

Since you gave an example, I'll give you an example. If you are about to walk into an important interview for a job, would you rather someone tell you: "You got this, you are good enough, just do your best", or would you like to hear: "You have to watch every word you say. Your whole future depends on this. People are counting on you getting this job." And the answer will depend on the kind of person who is walking into the interview. For some American bacheh por roo who has no motivation in life, the second approach may work better. But, in general, for our Iranian temperament and attitude, we are already super motivated, and the first approach may be better.

Comment

I rather se Brazil or Portugal win it all than for an example Argentina

its sad Italy isnt there aswell.

With a good coach/preperations we can go past our group.. But at this point I feel unsecure of Sko. Felt much better about him after the previous camp.
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

link for the draw live on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0KnJsU5JEk
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

The BOSSES have arrived in Qatar

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    The BOSSES have arrived in Qatar

Daei giving the cameraman that killer stare
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                      Daei giving the cameraman that killer stare
                      yeah, and he's got his Godfather ring on too lol

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                        yeah, and he's got his Godfather ring on too lol
                        loool

some say, thats his happy face
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                          I prefer to see them in the finals :-) :-)
                          Are, Brazil ham hamoonja vaymisan gol bekhoran.

Comment

Kings

Comment

In the UK the draw is being shown in UK. Think coverage starts at 4.30.

Comment

Man, a New Zealand/Costa Rica draw out of pot 4 for Iran would be the dream scenario.

Comment

Working...
                                X