FIFA World Cup 2022 draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIFA World Cup 2022 draw

Since the draw is nearing (1 April), let’s use this thread to discuss it.

Date, time and venue of the FIFA World Cup draw

FIFA announced that the draw will take place on Friday, April 1 at the Doha Exhibition and Convention Center (DECC).

The draw ceremony will be attended by 2,000 special guests and, at the end of the event, the world's best teams will be able to plot their route to the FIFA World Cup Final.

The final match of the event will take place at the 80,000-capacity Lusail Stadium on December 18.

From: https://www.marca.com/en/world-cup/2...a1a8b4603.html

Literally the most exciting event in world football.

I remember the few missed heartbeats of 2018 when I saw Portugal and Spain, the slight optimism of having Nigeria and Bosnia in our group, and the absolute madness of being grouped with Mexico in 2006.

Probably working that day, but I hope we have online links to watch it from.

Comment

How can they do the draw on April 1st when there will be many teams still competing in play offs?
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

april fool draw
        swiss
        iran (pot b)
        ecudor
        panama

someone i know
        would cut his dodoool
        to get this draw to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          How can they do the draw on April 1st when there will be many teams still competing in play offs?
          It kills everything with a draw with winner X/Y

Comment

like ncaa basketball tournment style
            when they draw then they have 8 team playoffs
            to fill in 4 remaining spots.

its doable

Comment

That’s so silly wow really does kill the excitement of the draw….heyf
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

i remember being in english class and having a heart attack when i saw the draw for 2018 wc ahaha good times

Comment

Much rather the draw was made when we knew every qualified team but so so be it , we can’t change that.

Part of me wants us to get big teams - as we never get these opportunities apart from at the World Cup and that is what it is all about with qualification.
                  Then part of me wants an easy ride so we have a better chance of making the second round.
                  So a mixture of the two please 🙂

Comment

exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                      Much rather the draw was made when we knew every qualified team but so so be it , we can’t change that.

Part of me wants us to get big teams - as we never get these opportunities apart from at the World Cup and that is what it is all about with qualification.
                      Then part of me wants an easy ride so we have a better chance of making the second round.
                      So a mixture of the two please 🙂
                      We had Argentina in 2014, Spain and Portugal in 2018. At this point my preference is a draw that gives us the ultimate best prospects of getting out of the group.

I think with Skocic at the helm and overall more experienced squad we could fare well in lenient groups or groups of medium difficulty.

But if we get two powerhouses and a solid team from pot four we could get exposed badly.

Our fate will be pretty much determined by the draw this time. More so than in previous World Cups where we had only marginal chances to advance anyway.

Comment

you could argue it makes the respective Play off relevant to more people... more viewers... more money

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Everyone: first com first serve stage of ticket sales started today. If you are interested, go to fifa.com and click on "Buy Tickets Now!" on top of the page. You will get in the queue and need to wait for hours. Just keep the page up as a tab on your browser and check regularly. I am still waiting ...

Go TM!

Comment

this is actually in our favor because wales would be put in pot4 if they qualify. So our chances have already increased. We just need to beat SK and wait for uruguay vs peru (hopefully peru wins) and sweden loses.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                              this is actually in our favor because wales would be put in pot4 if they qualify. So our chances have already increased. We just need to beat SK and wait for uruguay vs peru (hopefully peru wins) and sweden loses.
                              Peru is 22nd and Iran 21st. If Peru beat Uruguay and Paraguay, they will most likely jump ahead of us in FIFA ranking as Uruguay and Paraguay are higher ranked than SK and Lebanon. Do we get a new FIFA ranking before the April draw date that incorporates these games? If we do, then we have to hope for all of the following based on my back of the envelope calculation:
                              - Iran to win the next two games.
                              - Peru to get ahead of Uruguay in S America qualification table without winning their next two games.
                              - Senegal to lose to Egypt.
                              - Sweden to get eliminated.
                              Of course, if Turkey or North Macedonia are able to eliminate both Italy and Portugal, then we can get to pot 2 if one of the above does not come true.

Also, US and Mexico have not officially qualified yet, so if they mess up their next three games, a chance that one or both will be eliminated which should make it easier for us to get to pod 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X