Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pepe the wall started that counter for Portugal.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
      in sha Allah
      Lol ya he's earned TM coaching rights. Failed everywhere aince TM but let's take him back. His strategy today was no different than 2014 and 2018. 1 OG is all his team could muster home and away. We can do better!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I guess next World Cup teams will increase, most teams including Egypt will surely qualify. They should get rid of this format for Africa and use the Asian format to groups of 5 or 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
          I think that there is a good possibility that CQ became the head coach of Australia in near future.
          Yes I agree, he was building links with them - getting one of the best psychological sports scientists in the world:

https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/sport/...ustralian-guru

(Although it did a fat lot of good with our players in the Iran-Japan meltdown, but he tried...)

I still hope romantically that he comes back and finishes things with the stage 3 he dreamt of completing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
            Because of the lasers? They did it first in egypt….
            Did the Egyptian fans start this? It is not uncommon for Arab fans to behave like this. I am not condoning the Senegalese fan behavior but it is no surprise that some group of people/fans stood up to their harassment.

Comment

Can someone explain to me how Ghana made it over nigeria if score was agg 1-1????

Comment

Originally posted by tiesto View Post
                Can someone explain to me how Ghana made it over nigeria if score was agg 1-1????
                Away goals

Comment

Originally posted by tiesto View Post
                  due to away-goals.

Comment

yeh but i thought FIFA took away away goal rule or was that just for CL?

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                      Yes I agree, he was building links with them - getting one of the best psychological sports scientists in the world:

https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/sport/...ustralian-guru

(Although it did a fat lot of good with our players in the Iran-Japan meltdown, but he tried...)

I still hope romantically that he comes back and finishes things with the stage 3 he dreamt of completing.

I just read the article I posted again...

“Carlos has an outstanding reputation in the world of football, but none of what I had heard or read reflects how good he is,” Duncan told The World Game at Iran’s team hotel in Abu Dhabi. “His attention to detail, work ethic, leadership, knowledge of football and general ability to prepare a team is at a unique level.”

“Similar to all great leaders, he is open to ideas if they have substance and are based on sound evidence. The coach and staff have created a very positive working environment that is very process-focussed. It’s all about getting the best outcome.”

I have no doubt that Australia will be one of his suitors if they qualify.... But I hope for a miracle - IFF and Sports Ministry sort out their differences and bring him back to Iran.

Comment

This Mali team is the prime example of how a group of talented players can fail as a team. So far 3 halves of footy played against Tunisia and despite being way more talented on a player to player basis vs Tunisia, they cannot create chances for themselves and get ahead of a team they should be beating. Prime example of when a coach can make a difference for the better or worse
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

As much as I liked for Senegal to win, that was disgraceful by the fans to point countless lasers.. Senegal should have their fans banned from stadiums for the next 4 years.

Comment

another WC for Poland to do absolutely nothing at. shame, really wanted to see sweden there

Comment

starting polish CM plays in Kazakhstan! Same team we were saying was too crappy for totally unknown kid from iran league, fajr sepasi bench, aria barzegar

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                                Prime example of when a coach can make a difference for the better or worse
                                Exactly! This is why I keep saying we were better than the sum of our parts for a number of years - amazing given the problems that Iran faces!

Comment

Working...
                                X