No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are all gonna make it. First game over move on.

I'm a Manchester United fan but I'll take a loss if it means Brighton will and Ali Jahanbakhsh get in the groove

Comment

to our brighton board members - please don't be insulted by the tantrums you're reading. iranians are very passionate. it goes both ways. a win against Man U and half of Iran will be wearing blue and white. it's just our nature...we care about our football.

Comment

Originally posted by ali8karimi View Post
        one loss and the meltdown begins.... What you guys did you expect? Away games in PL are though and Watford is a decent team.
        What I expected was the side that started, a struggle with Watford taking a 1-0 lead and Brighton bringing on Alireza Jahanbakhsh and Yves Bissouma at 66 minutes and getting an equaliser 1-1. I anticipated Bruno being the key man shoring up the defence and overlapping on the right. I thought both goals would come from set pieces.

It could have been the other way with Brighton taking the lead and Watford pressing for the equaliser. If that happened, Ali would most likely not have played at all.

I think the Bruno injury made a difference as the teams were even up to that stage. Both goals were awful to concede.

Comment

So what do I expect from the Man United game? Trepidations, as unlike when we beat them 1-0 at the arse end of last season, the points (didn't matter to them last season) are now more important to United and they should be more determined to get all three points. They will also have something to prove, depending on the United team selection.

CH will make two unforced changes to the side. Alireza Jahanbakhsh on the bench again. Man United will enjoy 60% possession, have at least 15 goal attempts to a low tally of 7 from Brighton. Brighton expected to lose 1-2. Meltdown if we concede five.

I fancy our chances more at Liverpool.

Comment

Perseus, Seagull, and the rest of our Brighton brethren, any chance JB starts this weekend?

Considering Hughton's cautious style and the quality of the opponent, I doubt it, but wonder if the odds increased due to Solly March's perceived sub-par performance against Watford.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
              Perseus, Seagull, and the rest of our Brighton brethren, any chance JB starts this weekend?

Considering Hughton's cautious style and the quality of the opponent, I doubt it, but wonder if the odds increased due to Solly March's perceived sub-par performance against Watford.
              Now you are asking for another prediction. I predict Locadia and Bissouma more likely to start. Solly March was a bit erratic (made wrong choices) and Janmaat had a much better than expected game for Watford. it would be unfair to make Solly March the scapegoat. Man United have a different style to Watford (as they played on Saturday) and pose different problems so we might lose in a different way.

It is important not to lose possession against Man United. Solly March is fractionally better at keeping possession and tracking back than Knockaert, but Knockaert (a bit of a prima donna) was MOM against Man U last season, so it is a tricky decision for CH. I predict Ali will come on as sub at 66 minutes, so he would get about 15 touches of the ball if things don't go badly wrong.

I think Ali's chance for a start will come against Liverpool or Fulham. I do not know how good Ali is when pressed as that does not seem to happen in the Eredivisie.

It is fair to say there is no consensus, varied opinion: http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...-Man-Utd/page2

Comment

I really worry for the state of this thread given Brighton's next 2 matches are vs. United and Liverpool....then 2 games vs. teams their level before playing Spurs and City.

I think they have a decent chance of taking points of Man Utd, mind you....but the meltdown in this thread, if they lose both games (that they go to as complete underdogs), will be hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                  to our brighton board members - please don't be insulted by the tantrums you're reading. iranians are very passionate. it goes both ways. a win against Man U and half of Iran will be wearing blue and white. it's just our nature...we care about our football.
                  Well we like to believe that we care about football and are very passionate about it.. but we care far less about football than let's say the English. Doesn't matter really, don't want to sidetrack this thread.

Just for the sake of sanity to all the people that are whining about BH, grow up! JB hasn't proven anything on international level yet, so it would be wise not to make it look like he is better than a EPL team, until he actually proofs he is.
                  If he shows he has potential he will be picked up by other teams anyways, even if BH relegates.

So please, don't focus on BH bad performance and start giving them shit so much as you are not a BH fan and wouldn't care 2 shits if JB wasn't playing there (not direct to you ramin).
                  Just hope JB manages to impress over there, that should be enough for now.

Comment

Review of Watford and Preview of Man U
                    https://soundcloud.com/user-65128009...ord-manchester

Comment

Brighton friends,

1. Welcome to the Iranian football supporters lifestyle. When our team wins, we're the best in the world. When our team loses, everyone needs to be fired. It's nothing personal against Brighton as a club - we are just notorious for being very dramatic and over reacting!

2. This Knockaert fellow... it seems like he's not well respected around the league, and carries a bit of an ego with him - is this true? How do Brighton fans perceive him?

That's all for now, thanks!
                      We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

How are you going to cheer against your own club? I still don't understand this, but to each their own.
                        Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                        We are all gonna make it. First game over move on.
                        I'm a Manchester United fan but I'll take a loss if it means Brighton will and Ali Jahanbakhsh get in the groove
                        Hopefully they start all the new players, this is Manchester United a top 6 team! Though realistically we should expect parking the bus over the next 2 games. BH should be happy if they manage to get 2 points at least from these next games.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                          How are you going to cheer against your own club? I still don't understand this, but to each their own.

Hopefully they start all the new players, this is Manchester United a top 6 team! Though realistically we should expect parking the bus over the next 2 games. BH should be happy if they manage to get 2 points at least from these next games.
                          LOOOOOOL Hoorad why you changing your name to Leicester City

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                            LOOOOOOL Hoorad why you changing your name to Leicester City
                            Why not? You have Iranianarsenal11 as your name.

Comment

As long as you never change your Avatar, we good. At this point, that's an inseparable part of your online persona.

Edit: Oh no... You changed it. Rip Real Hoorad. 2017-2018
                              Last edited by The; 08-14-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

True but at least keep the squidward avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X