Iranian Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
    Today they announced the participants for a new camp. Some interesting news. Younes Emami and Mojtaba Goleij were not invited. Apparently Emami and Dabir had a disagreement over how Emami acted when he lost his last match in Iran.

Amouzad was invited to camp, so we can assume he is healthy. Great news. Savadkouhi, only Iranian to beat Jordan Burroughs, is at 86KG now along with Vafaipour.

Ghasempour is still training at 97kg. One interesting fact is that Ghasempour weighed in at only 91Kg for the Zagreb Open. I guess he is going to spend the next few months gaining weight with the hopes of beating Azarpia for the 97 spot.
    Was it just me or did Younes Emami appear to be quite disrespectful alongside Vafaipour (who doubled as his coach) when Emami lost against Abouzari in Zagreb? He and Vafaipour did not appear to congratulate Abouzari. Not javan-mard and pahlevoon-like at all.

I hope Kamran regains his form but honestly I don't think it's possible. He has lost his edge regardless of the weight category.

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2UnhuCApqg/

wow! Movahed returns to Iran and TM camp on invitation of dabir after so many years! Look how much it meant to him and all the wrestlers.

A living iranian legend and national icon!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

wow! Movahed returns to Iran and TM camp on invitation of dabir after so many years! Look how much it meant to him and all the wrestlers.

Pahlevan. A legend

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

What a legend

Comment

Originally posted by AhuraMazda1 View Post

Was it just me or did Younes Emami appear to be quite disrespectful alongside Vafaipour (who doubled as his coach) when Emami lost against Abouzari in Zagreb? He and Vafaipour did not appear to congratulate Abouzari. Not javan-mard and pahlevoon-like at all.

I hope Kamran regains his form but honestly I don't think it's possible. He has lost his edge regardless of the weight category.
            I remember thinking that was an odd interaction after the match, but I chalked it up to being in the heat of the moment in an ultra competitive environment. It does appear that they patched things up and Emami was invited into the camp.

on another note the Azeri’s tried to basically buy Masoumi and bring him over to represent them. His dad nipped that in the bud. But going forward we have to worry about our guys getting plucked by other countries. It already has happened with Ali Arsalan and some young kid recently joined Canada.

Comment

I remember thinking that was an odd interaction after the match, but I chalked it up to being in the heat of the moment in an ultra competitive environment. It does appear that they patched things up and Emami was invited into the camp.

on another note the Azeri’s tried to basically buy Masoumi and bring him over to represent them. His dad nipped that in the bud. But going forward we have to worry about our guys getting plucked by other countries. It already has happened with Ali Arsalan and some young kid recently joined Canada.
              Stupid for him to even entertain joining baku, he will still end up second in all competitions against Zare. In my eyes, I would send Masoumi to competitions alongside Zare like in Zagreb and have them battle it out for Gold and Silver.

Comment

Stupid for him to even entertain joining baku, he will still end up second in all competitions against Zare. In my eyes, I would send Masoumi to competitions alongside Zare like in Zagreb and have them battle it out for Gold and Silver.
                For sure, but the pinnacle of every wrestlers career is the Olympics and the worlds. And both those competitions only allow one wrestler per country per weight.

Comment

For sure, but the pinnacle of every wrestlers career is the Olympics and the worlds. And both those competitions only allow one wrestler per country per weight.
                  Nemidoonestam. Then Massoumi needs a nutritionist to drop down in weight im afraid although I don't think we will be successful there either given his technical limitations. Or, he needs to improve significantly at his current weight

Comment

Nemidoonestam. Then Massoumi needs a nutritionist to drop down in weight im afraid although I don't think we will be successful their either given his technical limitations. Or, he needs to improve significantly at his current weight
                    LOL, brother you have to give up this hope of Masoumi cutting to 97Kg. It will literally be impossible for him. Cutting almost 30kg for a top level athlete is impossible. The guy stands at 6’6 or 199cm, how many 97kg wrestlers have you seen at that height?

Comment

LOL, brother you have to give up this hope of Masoumi cutting to 97Kg. It will literally be impossible for him. Cutting almost 30kg for a top level athlete is impossible. The guy stands at 6’6 or 199cm, how many 97kg wrestlers have you seen at that height?
                      Nemidoonam but quite a few of the Zagreb 125kg wrestlers were 97kg wrestlers. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_W...eestyle_125_kg

Height wise you're right almost impossible.

Anyway, then he needs to really up his game to beat Zare if he wants to stay at 125kg

Comment

Renowned for his pivotal role in wrestling both domestically and internationally, Dr. Mohammad Tavakol, the esteemed former president of Iran’s Wrestling Federation, passed away at the age of 89 on Wednesday, Feb 28, 2024. Born in Qazvin in 1935, Dr. Tavakol’s illustrious journey spanned the realms of medicine and sports and left an indelible mark on the world of wrestling.

After earning his medical degree from the University of Tehran, Dr. Tavakol pursued further specialization in gynecological oncology in England in 1964. His dual career in medicine and wrestling showcased a remarkable synergy, notably when he recounted his personal connections with wrestling champions, including Alireza Dabir, whose birth he attended as a physician.

Dr. Tavakol’s wrestling career was nurtured under the tutelage of Habibollah Bolor, flourishing during his university years where he not only joined the national university wrestling team but also led the University of Tehran’s team as captain. Transitioning from the mats to administrative roles, Dr. Tavakol initially helmed the Deaf Sports Federation, eventually ascending to the presidency of the Iranian Wrestling Federation. His contributions were recognized on a global scale when he joined the International Wrestling Federation (FILA)’s Executive Committee in 1976, further solidifying his influence as a member of the Asian Wrestling Federation and FILA’s Medical Commission.

Throughout his tenure, Dr. Tavakol was instrumental in steering FILA’s decisions, leveraging his leadership to advocate for the sport’s integrity and fairness. His departure from FILA in 2010, after 24 years of dedicated service, marked the end of an era and underscored the challenges of maintaining such a pivotal position without adequate support from national federations.

Dr. Tavakol’s legacy extends beyond his administrative acumen, as he is remembered for his commitment to advancing wrestling on the international stage. His contributions were celebrated in a ceremony at Behesht Zahra cemetery, attended by luminaries from the wrestling world and federation officials who paid tribute to his enduring impact on the sport.

Comment

There was fight
                          between persian wrestler and Turkish counter part.
                          Worth watching....

Comment

This is actually quite distressing to see. After at least three instances of the Turkiye wrestler using his shoulder/hand to smack Mokhtari, our wrestler boils over and retaliates. The Turkiye bench and suits then attack Mokhtari like a mob. This is the host nation???

Comment

Where are our wrestling folks ?
                              Isn't Iran competing in the Asian championships right now?

Comment

Gold for Amir YAZDANICHAR, AMOUZAD, Nokhodi, Firouspur and Zare. Mohamdian lost to Tazhudinov in Semi. Got bronze. Vafapour had a brain fart in his semi match. Almost looked like stage fright. Got bronze. Atri gave up 4 points literally in the last second of a match. He just broke down mentally. Eventually made his back I reperage, but lost in semi.

I was very impressed by Firouspour. The guy gave up 3 points in all his matches. All is the gold medal match. Also the last 2 point was as time expired, he didn’t really try to defend the shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X