Iranian Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iranian Wrestling

Thought we'd have a general Iranian Wrestling thread each year (similar to our TM thread and our legionnaire threads). Post any new updates, videos, and photos.

Comment

Where is our member Irannn? He was so insightful on our other various sports aside from football.

Irannn jan if you are out there we are waiting for you to give us some updates around our wrestling squad and other assets for Tokyo 2020

Comment

Originally posted by arvin_guzoo View Post
        Where is our member Irannn? He was so insightful on our other various sports aside from football.

Irannn jan if you are out there we are waiting for you to give us some updates around our wrestling squad and other assets for Tokyo 2020
        If I am not mistaken, he asked Webbie Jan to ban him permanently.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Homa View Post
              If I am not mistaken, he asked Webbie Jan to ban him permanently.
              Lol
              I guess this site had a big impact on his life.

With the olympics around the corner iran golds always depends on wrestling BUT WE BARELY MEET EXPECTATIONS in Olympics as there is so much pressure on our wrestlers to perform.

This year EXPECTATIONS is high as well
              Releasticly over all we are good from 68kg up and beside ghohsts from the pasts lightweights just like our weightlifting we are more of middleweight up.
              In freestyle my EXPECTATIONS is 2 gold
              And in grecoramon is one
              I am not big on silver and bronze medals but they look good for the resume.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                  I was at this games
                  Chegad tashvig kardim
                  We won both years only because of the pro iranian crowed at the fourm

Comment

Comment

Two categories of Wrestling will result the most medals for Iran.

We are great in the wrestling.
                      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Does Wrestling start on August 1st?

Comment

We are medal contenders in three FS weight classes. 86, 97 and 125.

The big question is if Hassan Yazdani adjust his strategy, has gotten bigger etc.
                          Zare is a dark horse bu im expecting at least a bronze. Maybe gold if Akgul and Geno kill off each other in the same bracket.

In 97 its between Mohammadian and Sad, if Mohammadian survive the PED tests so to speak.

Comment

I truly believe Yazdani will beat Taylor this time around. He had a completely different approach during the Asian championships where he did not go for TF in the first minutes. He is better att conserving energy and he also has improved his ability to switch gears.
                            He also looks bigger.

The main quwstion is how he will handle the folkstyle scrambling of DT.

Other than that I truly believe DT will pop for PED. If not maybe well see a ghost a la boltukaev 16 on the mat. Most of all I hope he is clean.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQJH...WorldWrestling

Going to xo some analysis of Yazdaniz adjustment going into the olympics. This adjustment has been going on for a year or so.

Background: As you all know the iranian wrestling style consists of underhooks combined with extreme pressure doing that. This enables iranian wrestlers to control the fight, try hitting various combinations and throw off opponents strategy. This is also result in iranians having to have superior strength and an emphasis on it in training camps. Lastly this is one key explanation why iranian wrestler tend to not last that long and often injure themselves.

Hassan has been a classical iranian wrestler making classical iranian moves. Going for underhooks, making rakabis, slidebys, shooting etc. His strategy has been succesful him having both superior technique and superior strenght 99 out of 100 times. The problem is David Taylor has better strenght and is better at scrambling. He is extremely comfortable with Yazdani making all the shots and counter, always relying on being fresh. Looking at the latest fight DT was dominated for the first round making a comeback when Yazdani got gassed.

Now look at a perfect example him facing for example Ishiguro at the asian champs. Some key observations are following:

1. He clearly is iranian and is most comfortable taking the centre of the mat.
                              2. He focuses on hand fighting and avoids going in for the underhook at all times.
                              3. When he does go into underhook he executes the move fast, scores and then start the fight again from distance.
                              4. He does not go for the Tech fall in the first round.
                              5. He switches up his speed and slows it at will

Observations of takedowns.

1st round

1. Coming off a counter when Ishiguro tries an arm-throw. Idiot ref doesnt award Yaz points
                              2. Pushes out Ishi on will to frustrate him to not being so passive
                              3. After faking shots, shaking him to a low stance etc he goes for a fast clean shot and transition to a slideby taking 2 more points. (notice how this is exactly what you want to do avoiding scrambles)
                              4. Another underhook and pushout at will

2nd round

5. Takedown faking a leg shot going for the slideby again.
                              6. Underhook, pressure combined with heel-picking. Often he does kneepicking. (classical yazdani)
                              7. Anklepick, switching from one ankle to the other. Some kind of freakish move seldom done. Do kheme.

All in all: He is himself. But the emphasis is on cleaner takedowns, distancing, conserving energy, avoiding scrambles, avoiding gut wrenches etc from top position. He can switch back to the classical more pure iranian wrestling style at will. And even in this game he does it 1 or 2 times for brief moments. But this is clearly a switch in strategy.
                              Also he has talked about the asian champs as his olympic preparation.

Because he is a hero, javanmard and pahlevoon, he says he respects all opponents etc. But no opponent can touch him except for Taylor. He has all his focus on Taylor.
                              I hope I could highlight some of his key adjustments going into the olympics. Have faith in him. He is unique in iran in one sense and thats not talent wise. Reza Yazdani was for example 10 times more talented. He got unlucky with corruption and injuries. But first and foremost none has the learning curve Yazdani has. He has an exponential learning curve and his humbleness is a strenght helping him learn and move on.

Comment

Working...
                              X