No announcement yet.

Iranian Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry but these fights are aired on flowrestling, which has pay wall. If I find the fights in the future, be sure I'll post them here.

There is alot of hype around this Zahid kid. Still he is inexperienced and that will hurt him in the short run IMO. In the long run he has no contenders for 86 kg spot On the other hand DT as already mentioned has been away from wrestling and done stuff that impedes on elite level wrestling such as raising a family, starting a business and aging. Other than that, being away since Norway.

Comment

I think there are about twelve bouts before Zahid vs DT starts .. lol!

Comment

DT vs Zahid coming up after current Burroughs fight

Comment

Zahid vs DT coming up

Comment

Taylor not looking good according to themat members. Some controversy in the fight too.

Comment

4-2 in first match for David Taylor. He doesn't look good and looks aged according to some members. Also some controversy in scoring.

2 fights left.

Either way, knock on woods, I think its not too early to say that Hassan solemnly on age factor has a HUGE advantage. Add changed tactics, better fitness and mental strenght as other factors in Hassans favour.

Other things I've noted is that the US just by looking at the scores and age of wrestlers is going through transition right now. Burroughs is growing old and is having close fight, taylor has close fight, dake having close fight. In this regard I applaud Dabir and Dorostkar for transitioning during Oslo worlds! It was the right call.

Lastly: there is some form of consensus by iranian fans that US wrestling has the upper hand right now. I would like to put in aforementioned reservation. This upper hand will not last long by the looks of it. Besides these three world class wrestlers, add that we have up and coming talents in other weights, Ghassempour having the edge against Cox, their 120 kg guy hiding or not caring and lastly 97 kg guy almost upsetting Kyle Snyder (Goleij or mohammadian will win next time).

The composite picture is telling us, or at least me that Iran will beat the americans in belgrade! Right now I feel pretty confident!

Comment

Round 2 will be fought out today also! If Zahid wins there will be round 3.

Round 2 will be cruicial. If DT detoriate in fight 2 and loses, it's pretty much over for him.

Comment

One last reflection: Apart from Jordan Burroughs that has been top 3 for his whole career many of these US wrestlers have such a short prime span that its sad to see.
                  DTs and Kyle Dakes prime has been relatively short comparing to hassan yazdanis. it has been short comparing to reza yazdanis (if we factor in that his whole career was injury ridden).

Comment

David Taylor defeats Zahid Valencia in second match, 10-0!

He’s going to Worlds and is making a statement. He wants a rematch!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      David Taylor defeats Zahid Valencia in second match, 10-0!

He’s going to Worlds and is making a statement. He wants a rematch!
                      Yes! But he has definetaly Lost pace which has been Yaz biggest struggle against him. If DT goes out and try to tech Yaz he Will get killed. Mark My words

Comment

DT’s post qualifying interview. Asked about Hasan at 4:30 and gives 2 minutes of response
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oYlmugI9pAQ

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4WYq2GBbo

Comment

I like his personality a bit more due to time and the more interviews I see of him. He is dead honest and pro but at the same time humble. Its apparent that Yaz and DT like each other alot. It is one of the classiest rivalries in wrestling history to be honest. 2 alpha males that let performances speak and have nothing further to prove or overcompensate!

With that being said. This is what I get out of the latest fights and what I hear from interviews. My interpretation and prediction of how the fight will be:

David Taylor will:

- Avoid pushouts by getting on knees. It's absolutely cruical for him to avoid iranian push out game and getting horsed around now that he is not in the same shape as prime DT.

- He will avoid underhook and elbow control. Yazdani figured him out and picked him apart by underhooking, pushing his elbow inwards and pushing out from DTs side.

- Hence: He talks about positioning good. Probably insinuating that he wont let Yaz push him from side instead of front forward pushing out. He was chanceless last time and if he cant get it right this time he is done.

- He will probably as he always done: want to get into scarmbling positions, messing up clean shots against him, and most importantly as always switch pace. The pace switching will most probably even increase now that he isnt in the shape he has been due to prioritizing family, business and getting older.

What does Yazdani need to do:

- He needs to keep him in overhook positions ie underhook him. Not necessarly push all the time

- He needs to be aware of DT tendencies to get on his knees. To counter this, he needs to option 1. let go if he wants to conserve energy. 2. let go and let DT get up standing and go in for underhook as soon as he raises up and keep pushing 3. go for round by Zare style (this last option depending on Yaz speed if he doesnt want to get into scrambles)

- He needs to conserve his energy when DT switch up pace as in last game not doing anything particular

- He needs to attack in underhook + elbow control and do it from side when DT conserves energy

These things Ive mentioned are quite basic on elite level. Yaz know these thing better than anyone. If he just do as above mentioned. He will at least win with 4 p difference as last time.

Comment

correction: "- He needs to conserve his energy when DT switch up pace as in last game not doing anything particular" with this i mean keep him in underhook and not do anything particular. if he tries as in olympics conserve energy not conserving energy in close distance, DT will start shooting relentlessly.

A good DT strenght is he is one of few americans that know how to leg shoot and do it relentlessly. To sum it up: Yaz need to conserve energy by underhooking him.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFEqgnG6VqE

One of the best domestic wrestling fights I've seen in Iran for these past years! I think the fight couldve been even more closer if Ghassempour wouldve took out distance and started shooting more. Ghassempour is the fastest shooter in iran since alireza dabir hence his nickname mig-mig. He fought this one on Yazdanis terms as I see it.

Good news is that Ghassempour fits 92 kg class better than Yazdani. He found his form and shape in 92 quite fast this Ghassempour kid. Yazdani needed ALOT of time adjusting to 86 kg and for Iran this was definetaly the best solution.

On a side note: I know MANY iranians hate this underhook game and wants more shooting and scrambles etc. They think underhook game is monotonous. What this clip shows is other countries being far inferior on underhook game (remember saitievs comment that Reza Yaz was all time best underhook wrestler). When two fighters go in for the clinch game with full force I actually think its by far one of the most enjoyable styles from perspective of fan/spectator! Disclaimer: Yes both of these studs know more than underhook + pushout game but still!

Comment

Working...
                                X