X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
    Also against Olympique Lyon.
    Yes, he's scored more CL goals than any other Iranian player (Lyon, Bayern, Atletico Madrid, Benfica), playing for Rostov and Zenit.

We should be more than proud of how much he has achieved, and how important he is for club and country.

Comment

Going to be the devil’s advocate here.

In these crucial games there will be a lot of top league scouts having a look at Azmoun. He hasn’t scored in a while this CL campaign and I think he’s due to a goal as a way of contributing (I’m aware of his general contributions to the game). Simply put, if he really wants to get a top 3 league move he should score tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
        Yes, he's scored more CL goals than any other Iranian player (Lyon, Bayern, Atletico Madrid, Benfica), playing for Rostov and Zenit.

We should be more than proud of how much he has achieved, and how important he is for club and country.
        Indeed, he has also scored against Ajax and Anderlecht.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
          Bayern Munich, Lyon, Athletico Madrid, and South Korea were just in my imagination?
          We speak about now, not about the past. if you bring this, i can also point to the world cup...he was not that good in my eyes. only Lyon in september is considerable. all other are too much in the past. his current form was a problem, we saw this vs. bahrain and iraq, where it mattered to shine..

also it is not just about scoring, it is everything, pressing, moving, touching and passing the ball, to be dominant and show yourself and go to the rooms where the run is long...not just alibi moving from left to right, front to back...i want this guy to jump over his shadow. it is not only scoring goals, but to be remembered after the match for fighting spirit, good runs, creating and fighting and deliver something which helps the team....some of you are happy because of goals in the past, yes they were good, i was happy also, but i want to see more from him, a lot more. i want him be able to make the difference, not having him in the team feeling playing with 10 men...
          World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
          sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
          If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
          -

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
            Indeed, he has also scored against Ajax and Anderlecht.
            Have we had any other Iranian player who has scored so many European goals, particularly given he has CL goals for a team like Rostov?

Asking for a friend...

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
              only Lyon in september is considerable. all other are too much in the past.
              You do know that he scored against Benfica in october, right?

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                You do know that he scored against Benfica in october, right?
                Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

He created and scored Zenits only goal against Lyon in their away game as well as against Benefica. There is no argument to be had here, there’s countless examples of him showing up against strong teams.
                  Last edited by TM4LIFE; 12-10-2019, 08:46 AM.

Comment

im beginning to wonder if it was Saeed and some of his buddies who cussed out Azmoun's family at some restaurant in Russia during the WC..? causing poor, immature lad to flake out and crying foul and wanting to quit TM...??

Comment

We speak about now, not about the past. if you bring this, i can also point to the world cup...he was not that good in my eyes. only Lyon in september is considerable. all other are too much in the past. his current form was a problem, we saw this vs. bahrain and iraq, where it mattered to shine..
                      also it is not just about scoring, it is everything, pressing, moving, touching and passing the ball, to be dominant and show yourself and go to the rooms where the run is long...not just alibi moving from left to right, front to back...i want this guy to jump over his shadow. it is not only scoring goals, but to be remembered after the match for fighting spirit, good runs, creating and fighting and deliver something which helps the team....some of you are happy because of goals in the past, yes they were good, i was happy also, but i want to see more from him, a lot more. i want him be able to make the difference, not having him in the team feeling playing with 10 men...
                      You do realise that he has scored against Benfica and Olympique Lyon in the CL just this season right, and not 3-4 seasons ago.

If with playing with 10 men you men he is constantly forming a threat for 90 minutes long and keeping defenders and goalkeepers on their tip toes 90 minutes long, you might have the wrong understanding of what it means to be playing with 10 men.

Azmoun is the best striker we have ever had in our history and he deserves more respect for his input for our national team.

Comment

Comment

I encourage certain forum members to do a quick fact check via a search on something called internet before making remarks about Sardar's performance

Go Sardar!

Comment

I was just looking at some stats...

Azmoun has scored 11 goals in 25 matches in UEFA competitions.

Daei scored 6 goals in 24 matches with more minutes played.

Comment

Azmoun will score today I promise you

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                                Going to be the devil’s advocate here.
                                In these crucial games there will be a lot of top league scouts having a look at Azmoun. He hasn’t scored in a while this CL campaign and I think he’s due to a goal as a way of contributing (I’m aware of his general contributions to the game). Simply put, if he really wants to get a top 3 league move he should score tonight.
                                Pretty limited way of looking at it kia jan. Anybody interested in azmoun already has a huge sample size to look at. If they truly want him their decision will not be influenced much by a goal tonight. He is on the right path, contributing solid numbers in goals and assists vs a wide variety of teams. Not realistic/right to say if he wants a move tonight he must score. His first goal needs to be help the team as much as possible to get a victory that will send them to the round of 16, making zenit one of the best 16 teams in Europe. That is a far more important accolade than azmoun himself scoring another goal.in fact, if he plays in the manner you suggested for a “move” that will only be to his detriment.

Comment

Working...
                                X