World Cup Knockout Stage Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AllStarMomo View Post
    Vida wont pay? I have read that is is kicked out of the team?
    That was a stupid thing to do to be honest.

Comment

no vida has been cleared and will play

Comment

Ranking the best matches of the 2018 World Cup so far

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/fif...far/ss-AAzL1UT

1 Belgium 3-2 Japan
        2 Spain 3-3 Portugal
        3 France 4-3 Argentina
        4 Belgium 2-1 Brazil
        5 Spain 2-2 Morocco
        6 Croatia 2-2 Russia
        7 Switzerland 2-1 Serbia
        8 South Korea 2-0 Germany
        9 Japan 2-2 Senegal
        10 Mexico 1-0 Germany

Comment

Kante alongside with Mbappe has been the best in this tournament for France.

Comment

Originally posted by Azeem98 View Post
            That was a stupid thing to do to be honest.
            The assistant coach that filmed the video with Vida was sacked and sent home. Vida stays and will play after apologizing and saying it was a "joke".

Vida is clearly the Croatian Taremi though....this video resurfaced yesterday (different than the Post-Russia match) where he's alongside Olic I think and sings:
            "Slava Ukrainy, Burn Belgrade Burn!!"

Looking by what he's wearing, it's perhaps not from this World Cup...but weirdly was just published yesterday by Dynamo Kiev Ultras YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
              The assistant coach that filmed the video with Vida was sacked and sent home. Vida stays and will play after apologizing and saying it was a "joke".

Vida is clearly the Croatian Taremi though....this video resurfaced yesterday (different than the Post-Russia match) where he's alongside Olic I think and sings:
              "Slava Ukrainy, Burn Belgrade Burn!!"

Looking by what he's wearing, it's perhaps not from this World Cup...but weirdly was just published yesterday by Dynamo Kiev Ultras YouTube channel.

This is so disgusting!
              How can somebody be so studpid?
              sigpic

Comment

^ this is why I have a hard time cheering for Croatia or Serbia ..... these players were caught on video and have apologized, but, they're just sorry they were caught with their controversial video. The alcohol just revealed their true personality
                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                  ^ this is why I have a hard time cheering for Croatia or Serbia ..... these players were caught on video and have apologized, but, they're just sorry they were caught with their controversial video. The alcohol just revealed their true personality
                  I am from Vienna and here the Serbians/Croations were on the street shouting really crazy slogans!
                  Serbian fans had Mladic Tshirts! Mladic is someone like Hitler in their history.
                  Croatians shouting racist and nationalism slogans...

Sorry but i am not a fan nor friend of this nations. This shows me that this people have big problems with other people. Sadly they have really beautiful women...
                  sigpic

Comment

^ It's wrong to generalize the public for that in my opinion, especially in a very complicated and sensitive subject like the Balkan history. Vida is human garbage, but I don't think it's right to judge the whole of Croatia/Serbia on that, same I wouldn't want someone to do the same with Iran based on what a dickhead like Taremi posts on Social Media.

Both of these people have severe grievances and bad blood against each other and hence why to this day their football matches are so insance. The Yugoslav war, break up the country, Belgrade being bombed to flames and ground by NATO, then break up of Serbia to Montenegro and then Kosovo...it's a very complex issue with different and many guilrt actors, I don't think many of us properly has studied and understand it. I don't think there were any innocent parties there, but I really want to study it further. It's fascinating how much controversy is creates and how much of a sensitive issue it is to most people. Remember the Albania-Serbia match 3 years ago when someone flew the Albanian flag on a drone and the game was suspended and they started to beat the shit outta each other?

I remember people saying imagine if Yugoslavia hadn't been broken up and how their football team now would have been a world power...but I think not. Football nationalism is real, a Yugoslavia team today would not have any team chemistry and a lot of bad blood between players.

Not gonna lie though, Serbians I know seem to really like Iran and Iranians and are very cool with us (used to have a Serbian manager and she was fantastic, and they are the only European country that allows visa-free travel for Iranians), so I'm slightly more sympathetic towards them in this case.

Ah, got in the mood now. Gonna find and try to watch an impartial documentary (good luck finding that ) on the Yugoslav war tonight, now.

Comment

Will be interesting to see where Lukaku starts off. Lineup is the same but the front 3 can easily swap positions

Comment

Thought it might be a slow start but both teams going for it in the first 4 mins.

Comment

It's been very Premier League so far. Quality quick threat with no composure.

Comment

Two teams, hamstrung by their coaches, relying on individual moments of brilliance. Match has gone as expected I guess.

Comment

Hazard needs service. He is completely on his own on that left side. Has no support

Comment

Nice Header !

Comment

Working...
                                X