World Cup Knockout Stage Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    Sweden are the most disciplined unit - they just don't concede goals. Speak to Holland, Italy and Germany about how solid they are.
    Its strange that so few teams play this way - only Sweden and Iran have this frugal system where the players all are so well-drilled and positioning is the key. I see Sweden as Iran on steroids with slightly better players overall, more practice, more experience, (worse forwards). Both teams are heaven for people who like to draw chalkboards.
    I can see Sweden beating us (england) and going to the final.
    Sweden used to be famous for being able to defend back when we had Lagerbäck as our manager (the guy who pulled of the miracle with Iceland in the European Cup) though if i compare oue team with the quality we had back then this team sucks. Players such as Henrik Larsson, Young Zlatan, Ljungberg, Mellberg and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Irandoust View Post
      It's interesting that you have so much passion towards Iran and its football despite being born in Sweden. Thumbs up to your parents.
      Im born in belgium and have the same. Kuddos to us.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
      CITY

Comment

I'm born in Germany and I really enjoyed the failure of Germany , I mean we even freaked out that moment Korea scored, which is madness, cause they're are one of our biggest rivals, anyway great day. Germans were are like , how dare you
        For me it's just Iran, nothing else!

Comment

honestly the refs should come down hard on him.

“It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

He has been on the floor for 14 minutes during all 4 games so far. Thats a recored

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
              He has been on the floor for 14 minutes during all 4 games so far. Thats a recored
              He will be another 14mins if Fellaini will start lol

CITY

Comment

Cavani is going to miss today's France match. Disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                  Cavani is going to miss today's France match. Disappointing.
                  Tomorrow* If it happens sadly its bye Uruguay. Im hoping for a miracle!

Comment

What a bummer. I was looking forward to seeing him and Suarez put on a show like they did against Portugal. Without him France will really get the upper hand.

Comment

They have the meanest CB partnership in the tournament in Godin and Gimenez...literally Atletico Madrid.

Maybe they can park that bus and hope for a set piece win or in penalties.

Comment

France-Brazil semifinal would be epic

Comment

Belgium will beat Brazil

Comment

Originally posted by Club monaco View Post
                            Belgium will beat Brazil
                            Pff hope so..i am scared as shit tho.

CITY

Comment

I really want a team which has never won before to win the cup this year. From the teams remaining Belgium has the best chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin K View Post
                                Pff hope so..i am scared as shit tho.

The Japan match was the worst outcome possible for Brazil, because it really exposed Belgium´s defensive flaws and now you guys can fix for this game.

I also think youre players motivation will be much higher against Brazil and they´ll be much more commited to defending. They know that it may be the best chance of their generation to have a marquee game and be remembered in the history, after the disappointments of 2014 and 2016.

I expect it to be a very tough game and Brazil will be really scared of the individual talent Belgium has. De Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku, Mertens, Batshuayi are all class players, and De Bruyne and Hazard and Lukaku in special can decide a match at any moment.

In my opinion, there are no favorites in this one. It´s 50%-50%.

Comment

Working...
                                X