This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
    He's scored twice in 4 matches in the Champions League. Did you see the earlier parts of the game? He created two deadly chances with half-chances. What don't you understand when Rostov are reeling off their most impressive game ever and the first for their club's history in CL. They are tired, it's raining. It's normal. He had a good game - I don't even know why I have to preface this statement.

The world is singing the praise of Azmoun - as evidenced by Social Media - and we are saying he's turned into less? I don't get it?
    Well, as said, I really hope you guys are right and I am completely wrong! I'm the first one who would jump up and celebrate our players when they perform well. Right now I just don't see that from Azmoun. Let's wait and see how he does against Qatar! I hope he can increase his incredible record of 15 goals in 18 games!

Comment

No surprise really when playing 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 most of your attack is on the wings. If your wing doesn't get down the line to cross the forward has no service for minutes at a time.

Italy plays the same way btw, except for them Bonucci does most of the passing from the back and sometimes all the way to the striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
        Dude, don't be sensitive! Everyone has an opinion. You are entitled to yours and I am to mine. 20 minutes or 5 minutes, don't matter. When you are ineffective and look ineffective, then you are. He just hasn't looked like a dangerous goal scorer of last year and the years before. with or without decent passes. Period.
        how can you base a judgement after four games, especially when your judgement is the exact opposite of what everybody else (non-Iranians included) have been concluding. Azmoun was ultra dangerous in all the champions league games(AJAX AND ANDERLECHT), scored two goals, and has played only 120 minutes worth of league games so far! Ill repeat, in one he got an early red, and today, there was a myriad of factors which meant he was starved of service(not aerial balls, or through balls, just normal passes to his feet were even non existent), and still he was his teams most dangerous player.Obviously you have watched very little of his performances this season.

When our players play bad, i will be the first to acknowledge that, but when they are doing well, they deserve all the credit in the world!

Comment

Sofascore ratings

Azmoun: 6.8 (2nd best Rostov player)
          Ezatollahi: 6.7 (3rd best Rostov player)
          Mohammadi: 7.1 (5th best Rostov player)

WhoScored ratings

Azmoun: 6.4 (3rd best Rostov player)
          Ezatollahi: 6.6 (2nd best Rostov player)
          Mohammadi 7.1 (6th best Terek player)

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            how can you base a judgement after four games, especially when your judgement is the exact opposite of what everybody else (non-Iranians included) have been concluding. Azmoun was ultra dangerous in all the champions league games(AJAX AND ANDERLECHT), scored two goals, and has played only 120 minutes worth of league games so far! Ill repeat, in one he got an early red, and today, there was a myriad of factors which meant he was starved of service(not aerial balls, or through balls, just normal passes to his feet were even non existent), and still he was his teams most dangerous player.Obviously you have watched very little of his performances this season.

When our players play bad, i will be the first to acknowledge that, but when they are doing well, they deserve all the credit in the world!
            I have watched all his games or else I wouldn't have an opinion on him! Non-Iranians usually talk based on previous merits and reputations. But again as said above, I hope you are right and I'm wrong. Let's hope for the best in the Qatar game.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
              Add Jahanbakhsh to the list.
              I dont worry as much about JB even though he has been playing many minutes in europa league too in addition to eridivisie, all while carrying his team. The russian is so much more physically taxing not to mention the enormous distances players must cover for away games. Today I saw are boys just like the rest of the players getting hit hard, getting up, and giving hard hits themselves. They all ran their asses off as well. Milad, being a fullback, of course covered tremendous ground, azmoun pressed his heart out, and Ezzat had to cover for one less player in the MF after gatskan got sent off, in addition to the fact that his entire team(esp in midfield,wings,and defense) were dead. They all looked knackered after the game, especially sardar and milad. Also I saw saeid take a sore one to the back, looked painful.

At least JB's team were really dominant today and the opposition were weaker and played with ten men, he looked fresh and not tired at all even at the very end, so that is a positive

Comment

Comment

These guys are professionals. They are also young. Ezzatollahi only played 50 minutes too.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                    Is it me, or are Milad's arms abnormally long in this photo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Mohammadi is a bit short and rize-mize for a left back..

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                          Mohammadi is a bit short and rize-mize for a left back..
                          Tell that to Hossein Kaebi

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                            Tell that to Hossein Kaebi
                            Well he is a bit taller than Kaebi, indeed Kaebi's height was one of his main weakness, specially on long balls behind defenders..

Comment

MMs speed will compensate for that

Comment

I don't think height is that important for a right or left back. There are plenty of greats like Marcelo, Abate, Dani Alvez who aren't very tall (in fact Milad is taller than them).

Comment

Working...
                                X