Amir Ghalenoi appointed as TM Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGC View Post

My point is that these things always tend to bite our asses. We get punished for not adressing staff issue but iff never learns. Right now these posts are vacant.​
    The problem in Iran for the last 4 decades, and I'll hazard even longer is that any sign of progress is met with stiff resistance and all attempts to modernize or streamline things for benefit of everyone is slowed down by ancient lizards who only want to find ways to make money somehow.

Local vs Foreign coaches whatever itsfine.

I'm absolutely confident if everyone in IFF was thrown out and replaced with an elected PFDC committee for different roles we would go to a higher level.

Oracle predicting the moves of our opponents and collecting intel.
    Nokhodi, St. Mark etc to keep tabs on young talent and move them up instead of players who are related to someone's friend etc.
    BacheLot to organize fans and chants.
    Webmaster for the web presence of the team and presentation to others.

I'll settle with my role being the writer of properly written emails to other federations requesting friendlies in English.

So many people I didnt mention who would thrive in these or other roles on here much better than IFF does now.

Absolutely right we never address the small things.

Comment

I hope GN calls up more legionnaire strikers, we need their individual skill to have any chance of winning the AC
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
        I hope GN calls up more legionnaire strikers, we need their individual skill to have any chance of winning the AC
        Lol if anything GN will do the exact opposite

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Lol if anything GN will do the exact opposite
          I know given his reliance on Moghalou in recent matches, the likes of Zahedi, allahyar, Ghoddos, etc will sadly not be invited or get playing time

Comment

I know given his reliance on Moghalou in recent matches, the likes of Zahedi, allahyar, Ghoddos, etc will sadly not be invited or get playing time
            Moghanlou but also Asadi and I bet he will fall under the pressure of SS to take Ghaedi. In Iran we know nothing about modern football

Comment

Allahyar, Ghoddos were not there otherwise he wouldβ€˜ve played them. Moghanlou is amongst the best strikers in our league right now and therefore he deserved to play in those friendlies.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
                Allahyar, Ghoddos were not there otherwise he wouldβ€˜ve played them. Moghanlou is amongst the best strikers in our league right now and therefore he deserved to play in those friendlies.
                Our league is awful lol, to be amongst the best it does not mean much. He was complete trash during the two friendlies, and GN will play a lot of party bazi to play more random PGL players

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                  Can’t wait for this tournament to start. With our new offensive style, this one is in the bag.

I hope the General works on our fitness level though. We need our team to be able to press with 5-6 players in opponents half for 90+ min in every game.
                  No team in the whole world can press for 90 minutes. You need to alternate spells of press with spells of sitting back. As you said high press is only working well if you have players with high stamina. It's also a risky tactical approach against teams whose skillset is roughly at the same level. Can you see us succeeding by playing high press against Japan? Impossible.

Comment

This is not the WC, it’s the AC.
                    We’re one of the favorites here and we will win.
                    We are not favourites. I think the favourites tag goes to Japan. South Korea and Australia are contenders. We are together with Saudi Arabia outsiders.

The last time the Asian Cup had back to back winners from the west was in 84 and 88.

You can bet that either Japan or South Korea will win. If everything goes normal we'll exit in the quarterfinals.

Comment

I believe he should be replaced if we don’t win AC.
                      Why are you so harsh? Our average performance post revolution is quarterfinals. If he makes the semis he has earned the right to stay for the full cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by MucizeLions1992 View Post

We are not favourites. I think the favourites tag goes to Japan. South Korea and Australia are contenders. We are together with Saudi Arabia outsiders.

The last time the Asian Cup had back to back winners from the west was in 84 and 88.

You can bet that either Japan or South Korea will win. If everything goes normal we'll exit in the quarterfinals.
                        Iran-Saudi will be the final. One of Japan/S.Korea/Australia will choke early. The other two will be beaten by us & Saudi.

I have bet on Iran winning. If we play without fear this time around( when it matters) we will lift the Cup.
                        Esteghlal πŸ’™πŸ’™

Comment

No team in the whole world can press for 90 minutes. You need to alternate spells of press with spells of sitting back. As you said high press is only working well if you have players with high stamina. It's also a risky tactical approach against teams whose skillset is roughly at the same level. Can you see us succeeding by playing high press against Japan? Impossible.
                          I certainly can’t see us succeed vs Japan playing the same way as in 2019. We must take control of the game and attack like we did vs Russia.
                          Esteghlal πŸ’™πŸ’™

Comment

Why are you so harsh? Our average performance post revolution is quarterfinals. If he makes the semis he has earned the right to stay for the full cycle.
                            Harsh or not we must aim to win the Cup. Semifinals are worth zilch, it’s time to win the cup.
                            Esteghlal πŸ’™πŸ’™

Comment

The core of TM and the reason TM progress that much in last years is the young and mostly legionnaires we relied quite early : Azmoun, JB, Ezza, Gholizadeh, Hosseini, Hajsafi, even Taremi.
                              Why Iran football and GN don't want to understand that and stick on average middle aged Sarlak, Moghanlou, Zakipour..;??

Comment

What do you guys think GN is doing right now? Making a meticulous scouting plan of each of Saudi, Japan, Australia and Korean threats? Or enjoying some chai shirnee and sketching up his training sessions?

Comment

Working...
                                X