Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its good that we have Saravi and not aliyari fighting 2morrow

Comment

Also leta not fortet where our farangi team came from. I remember the days of Rangraz being our lone warrior finishing his carreer with a single worlds worlds silver. Thats all we had! Long before the Bana and The golden generation that made us no1 in the world. Now this third generation may not have names like noorozi, sourian, abdevali in his prime, rezaei etc

But the team have stability and the least skilled in the team are more skilled than before. The floor of this team exceed the ceiling before the golden generation. That is a feat worth admiring. In a few years we will have another great generation farangi warriors.

We do and should always respect and honor everyone on our teams.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
        Also leta not fortet where our farangi team came from. I remember the days of Rangraz being our lone warrior finishing his carreer with a single worlds worlds silver. Thats all we had! Long before the Bana and The golden generation that made us no1 in the world. Now this third generation may not have names like noorozi, sourian, abdevali in his prime, rezaei etc

But the team have stability and the least skilled in the team are more skilled than before. The floor of this team exceed the ceiling before the golden generation. That is a feat worth admiring. In a few years we will have another great generation farangi warriors.

We do and should always respect and honor everyone on our teams.
        Yes i remember that as well. The best we could have done was getting 5th place in world champs in a weight or two.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

First medal will come from Hadi Saravi. He will be wrestling most likely Arvi Savolainen from Finland for bronze.
          Last edited by AIrani; 08-02-2021, 08:01 AM. Reason: Spelling
          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
            First medal will come from Hadi Saravi. He will be wrestling most likely Arvi Savolainen from Finland for bronze.
            easy opponent then right?
            Sign against banning Iran from WorldCup!!!
            http://new.petitiononline.com/IRANWC06/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Babak500 View Post
              easy opponent then right?
              Unfortunately no. I think Saravi lost the last time they met.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxKG-KD8j3k&t=572s

Documentary about Hadi Amel. Our knowledgable and beloved wrestling commentator. Amel is special in so many ways, but one thing that I really love about his craft is his FULL COMMAND of the persian language. He commands a clean, correct, traditional way of talking that appeals to me.

Comment

What a down to earth guy! Very glad he's still active in commenting on the games.

Comment

"Be name khoda, khedmate pahlevona salam arz mikonam, khedmate morshedhaye azizemon..

In varzesh, varzeshe ke az ajdade ma, az pedarane ma be ers reside. Ma nabayad gozashtemon ra faramosh konim, nabayad tarikheman ra farashmosh konim. Varzeshe ajdade ma hast, varzeshe pedaramon, ke vaghte gharatgara va motajavezin be in mamlekat, be irane aziz, iranzamine aziz hamle mikardan: pedarane ma dar godhaye baastani miyamadan varzesh mikardan, jesmeshan ra amade mikardan baraye mobareze ba doshmanan va motajavezin, va roheshan ham hamahang mikardan ba javanmardi o pahlavani.

Pas shoma varesane varzeshe pedaraneman hastin"

- Hadi Amel giving a speech in the zoorkhane in the documentary.

I'm really not the soft type of guy, but this is bringing tears to my eyes.

Comment

Does anyone know where I can find clips of the wrestling matches. I'm looking for highlights of STARCEVIC Bozo vs GERAEI Mohammadali - 1/4. Mohammadali had an insane move in that match to win it at the very end.

EDIT: I found a clip of it. Mohammadali Geraei pulled off this move with 15 seconds left to win his 1/4 match. Unfortunately he lost his subsequent matches and didn't get a medal, but his younger brother Mohamadreza Geraei is up for gold and plays in the 67kg Greco-Roman match tomorrow.

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/176828/...zing-technique

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl_kQ5nIpFc

LEGENDS!!!

Comment

The concept and longevity of the zoor khaneh is so amazing to me. It’s literally how our ancestors worked out hundred (thousands?) of years ago. It hasn’t changed one bit (except for the chanter’s microphone). It’s simple, effective, low cost, and community oriented (complete with spectators).

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nye2eXZp5RE

Worth looking up too.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM07q2h4h-E

Documentary about Emam-Ali Habibi.

Comment

Khoda biyamorze I used to talk with my late father about the traditional wrestling techniques. We were quite dissapointed not seeing iranian wrestlers executing them that much in international competition.
                                I became a Yazdani fan when he executed like 2 or 3 sare ta yeki against in his 70kg senior debut. There and then I understood he is 100 patriot. The rakabis against tsabolov, marable, dieringer that made them spin like ballerinas etcare are ofc also traditional iranian super moves. But the Sare ta yeki was just something else.

As aghaye habibi tells us in the documentary: Either you submit or you choke and die.

Comment

Working...
                                X