Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
    Is Marouf stopping?
    I meant that I'm going to miss his REESH. :-)

Although, at 30 years old he's not getting any younger. Inshallah we'll see him four years from now. But that's far from certain.

Iran needs fresh new blood, now. Because with int'l volleyball things are ebb and flow, and it's possible that Iran peaked already and is on the downside. But hopefully the next generation is getting ready to step up.

Comment

Looking at it emotionally it's upsetting. But realistically it's amazing that with such conditions we are among the top 8 in the world! It's something to be proud of gents. Even the American commentators who don't like Iran were praising how ridiculously talented Marouf is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        incredible achievement by our boys to get to the olympics and to QF. Obviously, in this situation, teams like italy who have been here soooooo many times have the advantage. They are experienced and now how to handle certain situations. Nonetheless a good run.
        I would love to rep you for that and I admire your passion for Iran volleyball, but lets face it, Iran had a poor record at these games, their only 2 victories came against the minnows Egypt and Cuba, and not being able to pull at least one off against all the top ranking teams that we've had beaten before on the world stage..our volleyball needs some young fresh blood, more discipline, and can probably use better coaching...not to mention better funding to make all of the above possible. Nonetheless, congrats to our boys for making it to the quarters and a big thank you to all of them for trying their best..

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
        به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Click View Post
          I would love to rep you for that and I admire your passion for Iran volleyball, but lets face it, Iran had a poor record at these games, their only 2 victories came against the minnows Egypt and Cuba, and not being able to pull at least one off against all the top ranking teams that we've had beaten before on the world stage..our volleyball needs some young fresh blood, more discipline, and can probably use better coaching...not to mention better funding to make all of the above possible. Nonetheless, congrats to our boys for making it to the quarters and a big thank you to all of them for trying their best..
          While I agree with you that we had a poor record. We proved ourselves capable of hanging with top level teams (poland) and just seemed a little short of the mental fortitude required in the unique olympic high pressure situation. This experience was an excellent one and proves our volleyball is on the way up, but also highlighted weaknesses we must work on. Physique,conditioning,digs,and serves are where we really need to improve. The clutch plays will come with more experience. They made us proud. I also agree new blood is required.

Comment

Overall, good job to Iran volleyball players. Tabrik.
            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by Vestvood Vizard View Post
              I meant that I'm going to miss his REESH. :-)

Although, at 30 years old he's not getting any younger. Inshallah we'll see him four years from now. But that's far from certain.

Iran needs fresh new blood, now. Because with int'l volleyball things are ebb and flow, and it's possible that Iran peaked already and is on the downside. But hopefully the next generation is getting ready to step up.
              Good question. How are the youth teams performing?
              “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

I think we can the volleyball teams are composed of 3 groups :

The big : USA, Brazil, Italy, France, Poland, Russia : always there. They won Olympics, world league etc.. in the past.

The Outsiders : Argentina, Iran, Canada, Germany, Serbia, Bulgaria, China. They usually lost against the big, even they can upset them from time to time

The weak : Cuba, Mexico, Egypt, etc..

Comment

Iran's Volleyball has a bright future.

Lozano might have made bad decisions during games and our team never seemed so disciplined under him, but in the last months he did well to introduce young players and getting them up to speed with our old guard.

Plus our older players are still young enough to stick around for a few years and pass on their experience (now added the Olympics as great as it gets) to the young guys. So we will have a smooth transition.

In the last decade we have developed constantly from winning U19 wc to making it to the first world league and the final rounds of both wl and wc.

Now it's on the next generation to carry this development on by making it to the very top and the next 10 years.
                  This means becoming a title contender in all major competitions. Would be good if we could manage to win the world league untill the next Olympics.
                  Crucial for that would also be to actually host the final round of the world league in Tehran. Home advantage has a very great impact in volleyball.

Comment

Btw we are going to need another world class coach now. It's still too early for an Iranian coach. In four years maybe.

Is Velasco free now? His goal was to win the Olympics once in his career, which unfortunately didn't work out.
                    The perfect choice for Iran would be him.

Comment

BREAKING: Ashkan Dejagah has left TM in order to join the Brazilian Volleyball team.

Comment

Originally posted by maniei View Post
                        Crucial for that would also be to actually host the final round of the world league in Tehran. Home advantage has a very great impact in volleyball.
                        True, but part of the reason why Iran doesn't host as much is the IRI's ban on women attending matches. The 'my stealthy freedom' campaign and activists like Ms. Darya Safai have specifically targeted the FIVB to raise awareness. And I say good on them. It's a terrible policy.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                          I think we can the volleyball teams are composed of 3 groups :

The big : USA, Brazil, Italy, France, Poland, Russia : always there. They won Olympics, world league etc.. in the past.

The Outsiders : Argentina, Iran, Canada, Germany, Serbia, Bulgaria, China. They usually lost against the big, even they can upset them from time to time

The weak : Cuba, Mexico, Egypt, etc..
                          I would not consider Cuba weak. Players were left behind due to issues with the federation that has been on going for many months. They brought a B squad to RIo and traditionally have been a good vballing nation, both men and women.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                          X