i sent 15 salavat while
    riding stationary bike
    we have friendly with
    algeria.
    i wished i had sent 25
    than maybe Uruguay
    was confirmed.
    This made me cry!!

21st Century and still believing in Salavat to get us a friendly football match. No wonder our country is what it is!!

Wake up and smell logic, reason and science!

Baba .. .mamad agha ke head of football federation naboood!

Comment

This whole thread is an oxymoron..

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
        i sent 15 salavat while
        riding stationary bike
        we have friendly with
        algeria.
        i wished i had sent 25
        than maybe Uruguay
        was confirmed.
        Salavat won't help.

Try reciting "Ayat ul-Kursi" 24-hrs a day. Although even that won't help

Comment

Oman is not good but at this point, let's take what we can.
          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Poor preparation = poor performance.

No decent/appropriate friendlies for our group

Training in the hottest part of the world requiring night time practice

What do we expect out of this but a sheer miracle. So hopeless.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              Poor preparation = poor performance.

No decent/appropriate friendlies for our group

Training in the hottest part of the world requiring night time practice

What do we expect out of this but a sheer miracle. So hopeless.
              Anything more than 1 point in November, and I will be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

I don't want to second guess the coach and I believe we should support the team anyway we can. But I recently read an excerpt from an article stating that Skocic opted not to travel to Uruguay or South Africa in order to preserve valuable time and resources for the team's preparation in Doha. I find this hard to fathom. In 1998, Iran's head coach, Balzevic, dismally lost a number of friendlies, which resulted in his unceremonious firing just weeks before the World Cup was about to commence.

Does Skocic sincerely believe, provided the decision not to play these teams was his alone, that, at this juncture, not facing them on their home soil and instead preparing in Doha is in the best interest of the national team? Or is he cynically trying to forestall potentially major defeats (a possible result of lack of ample preparation and resources) in order to avoid the same fate that befell Blazevic?

I know it sounds somewhat pessimistic, but this question has to be raised. Mexico, Argentina, and the U.S., in addition to many other teams, have played at least two friendlies so far. As for Iran, we've seen mutiple friendlies arranged in the realm of fantasy. Maybe Skocic is right, but under the circumstances, I find it hard to believe that a shocking loss against any of these teams, particularly Uruguay, would be unbeneficial to Iran's development and preparation for the WC. (Mexico was just routed by Uruguay, which led to the coach's admision that they had a long way to go before they'd be fully prepared for the competition. Under similar circumstances, wouldn't a loss or two for Iran, too, pinpoint major problems leading to some badly needed changes?)

It would be nice to hear some opinions on this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by orbicular View Post
                  I don't want to second guess the coach and I believe we should support the team anyway we can. But I recently read an excerpt from an article stating that Skocic opted not to travel to Uruguay or South Africa in order to preserve valuable time and resources for the team's preparation in Doha. I find this hard to fathom. In 1998, Iran's head coach, Balzevic, dismally lost a number of friendlies, which resulted in his unceremonious firing just weeks before the World Cup was about to commence.

Does Skocic sincerely believe, provided the decision not to play these teams was his alone, that, at this juncture, not facing them on their home soil and instead preparing in Doha is in the best interest of the national team? Or is he cynically trying to forestall potentially major defeats (a possible result of lack of ample preparation and resources) in order to avoid the same fate that befell Blazevic?

I know it sounds somewhat pessimistic, but this question has to be raised. Mexico, Argentina, and the U.S., in addition to many other teams, have played at least two friendlies so far. As for Iran, we've seen mutiple friendlies arranged in the realm of fantasy. Maybe Skocic is right, but under the circumstances, I find it hard to believe that a shocking loss against any of these teams, particularly Uruguay, would be unbeneficial to Iran's development and preparation for the WC. (Mexico was just routed by Uruguay, which led to the coach's admision that they had a long way to go before they'd be fully prepared for the competition. Under similar circumstances, wouldn't a loss or two for Iran, too, pinpoint major problems leading to some badly needed changes?)

It would be nice to hear some opinions on this issue.
                  He wanted to go to Cananda and play Cananda, Ecuador and Colombia. So he is not afraid of playing strong teams. He is against flying lost distances and hence shortening our camp. We were not going to Canada to play one game and come back. We were going to spend our whole 15 day Fifa days holding camp in Canada... I think this should dispel the theory that he is afraid of playing strong teams, but knowing this forum...

It is similar to when there was rumor that Iran will play New Zealand... Everyone here was saying that Skocic only wants to play weak teams like New Zealand. Then Skocic rejected New Zealand in favor of Canada, Ecuador, etc... And now everyone is complaining why Skocic rejected New Zealand and we need quality friendlies.

As for strength of Uruguay, I would put them at the same general level as Ecuador and maybe Colombia.

It would be nice to hear if I changed your mind regarding Skocic being afraid to play top quality teams. His actions imply that he values camp time and rightfully so. We basically have a small window in Sept. to play two games and then get together a few days before WC... So valuable camp time right now should not be wasted on travelling and recovering from jet lag.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                    Oman is not good but at this point, let's take what we can.
                    I just can’t understand how they couldn’t manage to get either DPR Congo or Cameroon over the finish line with all the time and flexibility both teams had, you can’t make it make sense. At this stage though I guess Oman is better than nothing though because we need 2 friendlies minimum
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                      This made me cry!!
                      21st Century and still believing in Salavat to get us a friendly football match. No wonder our country is what it is!!
                      Wake up and smell logic, reason and science!
                      Baba .. .mamad agha ke head of football federation naboood!
                      i woke up did smell the coffee
                      heck had 2 cups
                      loged in to pfdc and canada match was canceled.

then skocic used science logic of traveling far
                      the Uruguay and s.a mathes boh got canceled due
                      to science and logic

when doctors say take your patient home
                      there is nothing we can do ANYMORE
                      but there is always
                      THATt chance of miracle people run to
                      mamad agha o isa khan o mossa jan o ina for
                      help.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                        He wanted to go to Cananda and play Cananda, Ecuador and Colombia. So he is not afraid of playing strong teams. He is against flying lost distances and hence shortening our camp. We were not going to Canada to play one game and come back. We were going to spend our whole 15 day Fifa days holding camp in Canada... I think this should dispel the theory that he is afraid of playing strong teams, but knowing this forum...
                        It is similar to when there was rumor that Iran will play New Zealand... Everyone here was saying that Skocic only wants to play weak teams like New Zealand. Then Skocic rejected New Zealand in favor of Canada, Ecuador, etc... And now everyone is complaining why Skocic rejected New Zealand and we need quality friendlies.
                        As for strength of Uruguay, I would put them at the same general level as Ecuador and maybe Colombia.
                        It would be nice to hear if I changed your mind regarding Skocic being afraid to play top quality teams. His actions imply that he values camp time and rightfully so. We basically have a small window in Sept. to play two games and then get together a few days before WC... So valuable camp time right now should not be wasted on travelling and recovering from jet lag.

This is the kind of response I was hoping to hear. In all fairness, I did not state, with complete certainty, that Skocic was afraid of failing and is therefore avoiding major friendlies. I simply wondered if that might be part of the equation. I guess you're right about long distance travel to South America, though. But the distance to South Africa is significantly shorter. It's already June and we haven't played a single friendly. Beggers can't be choosers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          I think they had no choice. IFF took so long that if they didn't jump on Algeria we would be stuck with 0 games.
                          Even if we had said June 14th fo the Algeria game, no one would come for the 10th or 11th with a week's notice.
                          IFF gand zad mesle hamishe, bad hameye kase koozeha ra roo sare morabi shekoond.
                          He’s not innocent, if that’s what you’re trying to imply.
                          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Abedzade in his TM interview said something which really made sense regarding the latest decision not to travel to uruguay.
                            "He said this practise sessions are very important ast this is the longest camp we have before WC"

So the ideal situation after all the IFF mess up would've been 3 friendly games in qatar . Alegria , Cameroon and Oman/Uzbekistan.

+Keep in mind that we are practicing in qatar were WC is happening. Something all european teams cant do at the moment.

Yea ofc uruguay is a good team and it would've been a great friendly game for us but in terms of prepration it wasn't really that beneficial.

Here is why uruguay trip wasnt a good idea:

A.) We would lose at least 5 days of practice sessions. (due to traveling)
                            - 27 hours trip (one way)
                            - 5 hours city trip x2
                            - 27 hours trip (back)
                            - jet lag

B.) The flight wasn't available so Charted flight had to be used:
                            - Price: $450,000 !

C.) We would've only had 3 practice sessions in this camp which is not good.

Please also keep in mind that we can get Uruguay in september or even november (behind closed doors). My logic tells me that to stay in qatar and play 2-3 friendly agames and have as many practice session as possible, was better idea.

Comment

This is going to be a damage control world cup. We will be playing to save face because there is no way with the prep our team is getting that we will have cohesion, fitness, and mentality to make a decent run.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                                This is going to be a damage control world cup. We will be playing to save face because there is no way with the prep our team is getting that we will have cohesion, fitness, and mentality to make a decent run.
                                canada are playing curacao + panama as their june prep, cameroon are playing burundi only, senegal just benin. We are not the only ones with less than ideal prep.

IFF needs to pull through with 3 friendlies ASAP (Algeria, South Africa, Oman is B grade). If they do we are still in an ok position in terms of prep.

Ultimately, with current situation of IFF when we get 2 friendlies like Canada + Ecuador signed, sealed, and delivered and then some pricks pull the rug out from under us late on miracles / potential plan B's are not to be expected

Comment

Working...
                                X