WC22 TM's preparation and friendlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
    Today Ukraine beat Scotland, which means we will get either Ukrain or Wales in our group B.

Regarding Ukraine:

Their team is very well tuned, since their league was stopped months ago and they have been practising together like a club team.

Midfield:
    Their biggest strength is their midfield which is very well controlled with excellent passing abilities. Their midfield is definitely stronger than TM.

Defense:
    Their defense is ok, but not great. In fact, it's not as good as Iran's defense. This includes the goalies.

Offense:
    Ukraine is good. But Iran has Azmoun and Taremi. I give Iran the edge here.

How to prepare for Ukraine?
    The key is to neutralize their much stronger midfield. How to do so with our players and coach I haven't a clue. But that is the job of our coaches. If TM does not neutralize Ukraines midfield, they will dominate. The game, then could go either way. If TM does manage to neutralize their midfield, Iran has a good chance to take 3 points from that game.
    We need to stop this ridiculous thinking we have azmoun and taremi , yes they saved Us against Bahrain or Iraq ,,,, but now we play against teams that have strong high level players as well , So without meaningful camps and friendly games the effect of having such good players will be minimal..

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Peiman jan,
      Dige dir shod. Haminam shansi bood.
      Kasi ba do rooz etela nemiad bazi kone.
      Nokhodi Jan, there were 2 ways we could have pulled it off.

1. 1st friendly 6 June, 2nd friendly 10 June and 3rd friendly 14 June.

2. 1st friendly 8 June, 2nd fiendly 11 June and 3rd friendly 14 june.

2nd way is a bit hectic but with 30 players it's totally doable.

Let's say you're right about " Kasi ba do rooz etela nemiad bazi kone".
      This way has our 1st friendly on 8 June, we still have 5 days left...

Scheduling a friendly on 12 June destroyed everything.
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
        Nokhodi Jan, there were 2 ways we could have pulled it off.

1. 1st friendly 6 June, 2nd friendly 10 June and 3rd friendly 14 June.

2. 1st friendly 8 June, 2nd fiendly 11 June and 3rd friendly 14 june.

2nd way is a bit hectic but with 30 players it's totally doable.

Let's say you're right about " Kasi ba do rooz etela nemiad bazi kone".
        This way has our 1st friendly on 8 June, we still have 5 days left...

Scheduling a friendly on 12 June destroyed everything.
        I think they had no choice. IFF took so long that if they didn't jump on Algeria we would be stuck with 0 games.

Even if we had said June 14th fo the Algeria game, no one would come for the 10th or 11th with a week's notice.
        IFF gand zad mesle hamishe, bad hameye kase koozeha ra roo sare morabi shekoond.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          I think they had no choice. IFF took so long that if they didn't jump on Algeria we would be stuck with 0 games.

Even if we had said June 14th fo the Algeria game, no one would come for the 10th or 11th with a week's notice.
          IFF gand zad mesle hamishe, bad hameye kase koozeha ra roo sare morabi shekoond.
          thats precisely why SKOCIC needed to take a more active role wrt to the friendlies.

Plan A, plan B, plan C for all possible scenarios, including Canadians pulling some BS. That would have been him going slightly beyond his job description but in a totally respectful way that showed due diligence.

You leave things up to idiots instead of taking responsibility and charge of the national team, which should be like your CHILD, then you pay the price.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            thats precisely why SKOCIC needed to take a more active role wrt to the friendlies.

Plan A, plan B, plan C for all possible scenarios, including Canadians pulling some BS. That would have been him going slightly beyond his job description but in a totally respectful way that showed due diligence.

You leave things up to idiots instead of taking responsibility and charge of the national team, which should be like your CHILD, then you pay the price.
            Even if what you say is fact. IFF controls the money and signs the deals not Skocic. For all we know he could have said yes to all and IFF which confirmed and failed to deliver may have goofed. We don't know till we know and trust nothing if IFF is the source. They have proven to be unreliable at best liars at worst.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              Even if what you say is fact. IFF controls the money and signs the deals not Skocic. For all we know he could have said yes to all and IFF which confirmed and failed to deliver may have goofed. We don't know till we know and trust nothing if IFF is the source. They have proven to be unreliable at best liars at worst.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
              and then the responsibility would be squarely on their shoulders --> Hence more to lose in terms of image (currently just throwing any failings at the feet of Sko and blaming him), and likely more incentive to get shit over the line.

Comment

Really is a shame that we have little chance of getting a friendly against an European team before the World Cup. Seeing Austria beat Croatia 3-0 makes me think they would be a good team to match up against, especially as there are similarities in their profile and England/Ukraine/Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by a_m View Post
                  Bro the fact that he doesn’t invite mohebi to test him at least shows his competence , but look skocic is ZERO influence or connections , he ain’t going to get respect cause he is not at that level to be able to demand anything, or influence ppl or other coaches ……..
                  I hate to break it for you but Mohebi has been invited and tested before . Multiple times.

However I like the fact that skocic crossed out Karim, Ghaedi , Kaveh rezaei and invited other players to test. Very good job to invite omid ebrahimi and few young talent.

Comment

is the game vs. Algeria confirmed yet? 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                      is the game vs. Algeria confirmed yet? 🤔
                      Until the first whistle is blown, the answer is no.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                        Until the first whistle is blown, the answer is no.
                        lol classic being an Iran fan.... 🥲

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                          lol classic being an Iran fan.... 🥲
                          I've had plenty of practice!

Comment

i sent 15 salavat while
                            riding stationary bike
                            we have friendly with
                            algeria.
                            i wished i had sent 25
                            than maybe Uruguay
                            was confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                              i sent 15 salavat while
                              riding stationary bike
                              we have friendly with
                              algeria.
                              i wished i had sent 25
                              than maybe Uruguay
                              was confirmed.
                              rofl send salavat that it won't be cancelled, no need to ask for more at this stage.

Comment

had to comment that this made me laugh my ass off bro
                                Originally posted by kateb View Post
                                i sent 15 salavat while
                                riding stationary bike
                                we have friendly with
                                algeria.
                                i wished i had sent 25
                                than maybe Uruguay
                                was confirmed.

Comment

Working...
                                X