WC22 TM's preparation and friendlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PersianBoy9 View Post
    Very high chance of Qatar setting up 4-5 quality team tournament where Iran could join and play a few friendlies. Thats my guess based on how Qatar and Iran have not announced any friendlies yet (They also signed a cooperation agreement earlier this year I believe).
    Pretty sad on how we have to rely on Qatar to carry us. It was like that time TM had no money and Qatar had to hold our training camp (I remember Carlos talking about it and he thanked them). Sad times...
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Qatar to the rescue (again)

Comment

I think since Qatar offered us a free camp in June, we were never going anywhere else. IFF must be from my hometown of Esfahan!! Let’s hope this Qatar tourney materializes.

Comment

yess cmon qarar, make it a Qatar, Iran, Berazil, France, kanada, ireland, newzeeland and Marocco cup
          group a
          Iran
          Irland
          France
          Kanada

Group b
          Qatar
          Berazil
          Marocco
          New zeeland

if we can dream a bit..
          perfect camp for us in june
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by PersianBoy9 View Post
            Qatar and Iran have not announced any friendlies yet.
            Now that you say it, I'm actually surprised that Qatar have nothing set up. I mean, if any nation would have the money to play any team they want (even flying them in and paying for everything), it would be them..

Comment

Saudi Arabia confirmed Friendly game against Colombia
              June 5
              https://www.google.com/amp/s/caracol...98443.amp.html

Comment

is there any actual news of a qatar friendly tournament where iran would be involved?

Comment

Let's not fool ourselves. Nothing will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post
                    Let's not fool ourselves. Nothing will happen.
                    Chi migi dadash? We will play Brazil, Germany, France and Israel in the Ghassem Soleimani Cup, which will be held in Qom.

Comment

We are lucky that there will be teams that want to play Iran as preparation for their own ............at least we can be sure 2-3 teams are looking for an asian team to play

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                        We are lucky that there will be teams that want to play Iran as preparation for their own ............at least we can be sure 2-3 teams are looking for an asian team to play
                        I hope so too but when you see someone like our TM manager talking, how can you be so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                          You'd think so, but there's a chance they'll just play against Saudi, Qatar, Egypt, Algeria instead as a "similar l" opponent who will pay them much more money and easier to deal with for organizing a friendly.

I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

It was the most bizarre decision to refuse to participate at Japan's 4-nation tournament just because of the sponsor. TM already had participated in a Challenge friendly by the same sponsor on 8 September 1999 which was at Yokohama and ended 1-1 vs Japan. Image there is a tournament or a friendly in Iran, and the sponsor is Basij, Astan Quds, some Mosque or Hosseiniyeh and the willing participant refuses to participate after finding out about the sponsor

Last time TM participated at a friendly 4-nation tournament in Qatar, the games were as follow:
                            2-3 loss vs Qatar, 28 December 2009.
                            1-2 loss vs Mali, 30 December 2009.
                            1-0 win vs North Korea, 2 Jan 2010.

Another time TM played in a friendly series in Qatar,
                            games were:
                            28 Dec 2010, 0-0 vs Qatar.
                            2 Jan 2011, 1-0 win vs Angola.

At this year's World Cup Qatar is in the same group as Ecuador, Senegal, Croatia so if they are planning a 4-nation tournament the teams will be selected by Qatar. My guess is that apart from TM and Qatar, other teams might be Bolivia/Chile/Colombia/Albania/Mali/DR Congo/Algeria/Egypt/Ivory Coast/Burkina Faso/Guinea/Angola. However African teams and Albania will be unlikely since they can only play 1 match between their Nations Cup Qualifier or UEFA Nations League. So most likely teams will be two out of Bolivia, Chile and Colombia, unless Qatar invites some AFC teams such as China, Uzbekistan, Oman, Iraq, etc.

Keep in mind that teams such as Morocco, Tunisia, Nigeria, Uruguay, Paraguay, Ecuador, Venezuela, Ghana already have filled up schedule or if they only have 1 or 2 friendlies, they'll be unwilling to travel to Qatar for another 1 or 2 matches as it would be costly for them.

Because Qatar is in the same group with Senegal, I don't think they'll be inviting them.

If each team only plays two matches, TM might play an extra friendly with either NZ/Peru/Costa Rica.

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
                              It was the most bizarre decision to refuse to participate at Japan's 4-nation tournament just because of the sponsor. TM already had participated in a Challenge friendly by the same sponsor on 8 September 1999 which was at Yokohama and ended 1-1 vs Japan. Image there is a tournament or a friendly in Iran, and the sponsor is Basij, Astan Quds, some Mosque or Hosseiniyeh and the willing participant refuses to participate after finding out about the sponsor

Last time TM participated at a friendly 4-nation tournament in Qatar, the games were as follow:
                              2-3 loss vs Qatar, 28 December 2009.
                              1-2 loss vs Mali, 30 December 2009.
                              1-0 win vs North Korea, 2 Jan 2010.

Another time TM played in a friendly series in Qatar,
                              games were:
                              28 Dec 2010, 0-0 vs Qatar.
                              2 Jan 2011, 1-0 win vs Angola.

At this year's World Cup Qatar is in the same group as Ecuador, Senegal, Croatia so if they are planning a 4-nation tournament the teams will be selected by Qatar. My guess is that apart from TM and Qatar, other teams might be Bolivia/Chile/Colombia/Albania/Mali/DR Congo/Algeria/Egypt/Ivory Coast/Burkina Faso/Guinea/Angola. However African teams and Albania will be unlikely since they can only play 1 match between their Nations Cup Qualifier or UEFA Nations League. So most likely teams will be two out of Bolivia, Chile and Colombia, unless Qatar invites some AFC teams such as China, Uzbekistan, Oman, Iraq, etc.

Keep in mind that teams such as Morocco, Tunisia, Nigeria, Uruguay, Paraguay, Ecuador, Venezuela, Ghana already have filled up schedule or if they only have 1 or 2 friendlies, they'll be unwilling to travel to Qatar for another 1 or 2 matches as it would be costly for them.

Because Qatar is in the same group with Senegal, I don't think they'll be inviting them.

If each team only plays two matches, TM might play an extra friendly with either NZ/Peru/Costa Rica.
                              Agreed about the travel issues, but Qatar has something all FAs love - green green money!

Comment

Apparently Skocic had some sort of surgery in Croatia. He is ok and recovering now.

Comment

Working...
                                X