WC22 TM's preparation and friendlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Apparently Skocic had some sort of surgery in Croatia. He is ok and recovering now.
    publish date: 12 may 1401 - 17:27
    skoczyk's successful surgery in croatia
    the head coach of our national football team, who returned to croatia to spend the holidays, went through a successful surgery.
    dragan skovic returned to his home country to visit family after the draw of the national team's world cup matches, according to the football federation's official website.

he also had a successful surgery during his stay.
    the head coach of the national team was faced with a gastrointestinal complication that was treated with this successful surgery.

skoczyk's recovery has been a few days and the national team's headman is not a problem at the moment

http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/11766/%D8%AC...A7%D8%B3%DB%8C
    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Does anyone know what happened with the New Zealand friendly ?? What was the issue ??

Some members were complaining that they are not a worthy opponent but it is heck of a lot better than sitting here with no friendly at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
        Does anyone know why the New Zealand friendly was not finalized ?? What was the issue ??

Some members were complaining that they are not a worthy opponent but it was better than sitting here with nothing.
        I'm not sure it was ever more than IFF's dream to have this friendly. I don't think I saw any evidence that the NZ FA was even aware/involved. In short, it was a non-starter and IFF just ran their mouth about it until the jig was up.

Comment

Does anyone know what happened with the New Zealand friendly ?? What was the issue ??

Some members were complaining that they are not a worthy opponent but it is heck of a lot better than sitting here with no friendly at all.
          Originally posted by diz View Post
          I'm not sure it was ever more than IFF's dream to have this friendly. I don't think I saw any evidence that the NZ FA was even aware/involved. In short, it was a non-starter and IFF just ran their mouth about it until the jig was up.
          I don't think it's gone yet.
          It's probably the only they're negotiating.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            The TM players should unite in protest about this disgraceful circus show. They should demand that we go to Kirin Cup in Japan. Our federation keeps saying they are broke and can’t afford friendlies.

Fine. Then your other alternative is to accept that invitation.

With this kind of preparation I seriously prefer our team not go to Qatar and embarrass themselves.

Comment

The TM players should unite in protest about this disgraceful circus show. They should demand that we go to Kirin Cup in Japan. Our federation keeps saying they are broke and can’t afford friendlies.
              I hear your sentiment, but it's really not their job. They need to focus on physical, psychological, and emotional preparation. It's really the coach's job to do this. CQ did this with as much blood, sweat, and tears as he could. Skocik is MIA. IFF is having tea and shirnee. The outlook is quite dismal, and we're hoping for handouts from friendly nations like Qatar.

Comment

^ Since our coach is a YES MAN and our federation are a bunch of incompetent boobs then it’s up to the players to make things happen.

We are losing precious time by sitting on our butts.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  I don't think it's gone yet.
                  It's probably the only they're negotiating.
                  It's a possibility - interestingly, New Zealand's upcoming schedule has a friendly for June 9th in Qatar, but no opponent is named for that match. New Zealand's official June schedule:

Confirmed Fixtures:

New Zealand v Peru – International Friendly
                  Sunday 5 June 2022 - 5:30pm (local)
                  Barcelona, Spain

New Zealand v To Be Announced – International Friendly (behind closed doors)
                  Thursday 9 June 2022 - Time TBC (local)
                  Doha, Qatar

New Zealand v Costa Rica – FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Intercontinental Play-Off
                  Tuesday 14 June 2022 - Time TBC (local)
                  Doha, Qatar

https://www.nzfootball.co.nz/newsarticle/114863

Maybe TM will play New Zealand on June 9th?

Comment

IFF trying to schedule a friendly with New Zealand

Comment

tm might travel to canada
                      and play some friendlies there.
                      the latest VIS VIS

Comment

per varzesh 3:

Canada camp is being discussed. Canada is supposedly our #1 priority for friendly (makes total sense).

The trip would include 1-2 additional friendlies. So far high on list of TM staff/federation - Ecuador. Cameroon also being considered.

Obviously treat as a pile of horseshit and nothing more until further notice.

Comment

^ Since our coach is a YES MAN and our federation are a bunch of incompetent boobs then it’s up to the players to make things happen.

We are losing precious time by sitting on our butts.
                          The government could literally kill their families if they say anything or act out.
                          The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

iran games sholud be in common wealth stadiums
                            all games will be sold out 55k no problem

on the way home
                            they should stop at the good ole los angeles
                            collosium or rosebowl
                            play friendly in front of 100k against mexico
                            IF
                            THAT GAME HAPPEN
                            MEXICO VS IRAN IN VEGAS OR L.A
                            i will go get vaccinated to be able to attend

Comment

Canada would be an absolute perfect friendly opponent for Iran. Great prep for US and of the few quality teams with open friendly dates in June. Unfortunately it makes too much sense for it to actually happen

Comment

Originally posted by Casra The Great View Post
                                Canada would be an absolute perfect friendly opponent for Iran. Great prep for US and of the few quality teams with open friendly dates in June. Unfortunately it makes too much sense for it to actually happen
                                Canada game would be September. Canada has Concacaf nations league in June.

I don’t think the game will happen. Too much political garbage.

Comment

Working...
                                X