Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
    What happened to Karim Ansarifard
    It was his birthday. TM got a cake for him. Someone smashed his face into the cake and apparently a toothpick that was holding up part of the cake hit his eye. He is apparently ok, but needed treatment in a hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      It was his birthday. TM got a cake for him. Someone smashed his face into the cake and apparently a toothpick that was holding up part of the cake hit his eye. He is apparently ok, but needed treatment in a hospital.
      OMG really? Toothpicks in the cake??? It's not a subway sandwich. Any TM fan knows they always dunk their heads into the cakes...my god! We are our worst enemy sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        Too many players around or over 30 yrs old in this team.
        Honestly as long as they can perform, we should not care. I was watching some of the 80's and 90's games and honestly they look so old and not fit (despite being in their early 20's). 80% of those players with that fitness won't have a chance to play right now.

The level of fitness of 80's and 90's was so poor compared to what we see now.

Maybe because body fitness wasn't a big thing back then.

I'm totally okay with 34 years old "FIT" taremi and 31 yr old "FIT" azmoun playing in WC 26. OCF that a big "IF" they can keep their form.

Comment

want everyone to take a minute and reflect, instead Of us arguing about pot 3 or 4 , look at the facts the only team that was actually formidable in this group that you could say that coaching would be on display was the 2 games against S.Korea
          , all the other opponents, Lebanon, Syria , Iraq and UAE please , we could have beat those Teams without a coach, …
          For everyone who keeps bringing up that skocic saved us from what wilmonts created that isn’t true the facts is wilmonts was never paid so he never coached and we went into 2 games ( Iraq and Bahrain )without a single practice session, but that is another story…
          To the main point Dragan failed in both his opportunities to prove and show he can handle big games he got it wrong both times against S.Korea , Paulo Bento out coached him ,
          Ever single Team we will face in Qatar will all be stronger than S. Korea and have better coaches let that sink in
          With this coaching staff and the way things are going we will have 3 loses , we won’t win a game , we really need to stop playing mind games and wake up, we need a coach who can and will make the right decisions not one who is too scared to upset the dalal’s or the Iff or whoever else he needs to please , QC was available, idk if he will want to coach us, but even Jardim/stramoconini are very good options ….:
          At this time there are many players in the Team that do not deserve to be there , I won’t name them but it is very obvious like ex, omid noorfakhan do you really think he can handle better forwards…
          defensively we are a lot weaker even though we didn’t concede that many goals we definitely gave up a lot of chances even against a weak opponent Lebanon they had some solid chances….
          We need a new coach with the ability to pick the right players with out any interference..

Comment

Too many players around or over 30 yrs old in this team.
            Beiro
            Shoja
            Kanani
            Nour
            Amiri
            Hajsafi
            JB
            Karim
            Taremi
            Esmailifar
            Mehdipour
            Abedzadeh
            PAG
            Milad M
            kamal
            Hossein Hosseini
            Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
            Watched the second half again zooming on the new players introduced to the team. I think it would be safe to put at least a few of these 30+ year old players aside and focus on building the team around younger crowd. Haji, PAG, Amiri, Karim, Kamal got to go..

Comment

Btw Mehdipour and Salmani make up a pretty solid midfield.

Comment

Ezzat moving to Qatar was the most stupid decision one could have done prior to WC. He already lacked mobility and this move will probably cost him starting place in WC.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                his loan finishes in the summer and he has chance to resurrect euro situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                  Watched the second half again zooming on the new players introduced to the team. I think it would be safe to put at least a few of these 30+ year old players aside and focus on building the team around younger crowd. Haji, PAG, Amiri, Karim, Kamal got to go..
                  Poor PAG hasn't played in forever. Let's see what he has before we write him off.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                  Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I personally do not think Skocic’s tactics during this WCQ campaign have been horrible. He has instilled an offensive mindset in the players. It’s no surprise players like ARJ are playing very well. He wants players to be patient with the ball, and move the ball side to side until space opens up. There is no bezan ziresh tactics or multiple aimless crossing in the box, and the defense plays a higher line.

We have to understand and acknowledge that iranian players are not well-trained in the fundamentals, so when you want to play a patient ball control offense, a bad control, a bad touch, and bad trap, will ruin the play. At the same time, it makes us much more reliant on our European based players such as Taremi, Ghoddos, ARJ, etc to execute offensive plays more smoothly.

Also, this game shows just vital how Taremi is to our offense, in terms of his playmaking, movement, and link up play.

I think many times, people confuse poor individual play with poor tactics. I think with an offense of Taremi, ARJ, Azmoun, and Ghoddos, and Ezatollahi, with extensive friendlies, I think Skocic may be able to fully implement the well-oiled machine he’s looking for on offense.

Also kudos to Kanaani and ARJ to having an excellent game. Especially ARJ, who hasn’t found his footing at club level in a long time, but is in great form for TM.

Comment

We'll see how the draw goes, but there is a list of countries that SHOULD be easy for Iran to arrange friendlies with. Japan has invited us for a game, should be a no brainer. Qatar Cup would be another great invite to accept, and we'd face off against Qatar, Brazil and Spain.

Other candidates should include: Venezuela, Trinidad and Tobago, Nicaragua, South Korea, China, Ghana, Keyna, Congo, Senegal, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Croatia, Ireland, Iceland, Austria, Switzerland, Bosnia, Montenegro, Portugal, Russia (?!), Uzbekistan, Belarus (?!), Armenia, Tajikistan. I wonder if we can also revisit previously rumored/canceled friendlies with Mali, Morocco, Belgium, Netherlands and Greece.

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
                        We'll see how the draw goes, but there is a list of countries that SHOULD be easy for Iran to arrange friendlies with. Japan has invited us for a game, should be a no brainer. Qatar Cup would be another great invite to accept, and we'd face off against Qatar, Brazil and Spain.

Other candidates should include: Venezuela, Trinidad and Tobago, Nicaragua, South Korea, China, Ghana, Keyna, Congo, Senegal, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Croatia, Ireland, Iceland, Austria, Switzerland, Bosnia, Montenegro, Portugal, Russia (?!), Uzbekistan, Belarus (?!), Armenia, Tajikistan. I wonder if we can also revisit previously rumored/canceled friendlies with Mali, Morocco, Belgium, Netherlands and Greece.
                        Seems like we're waiting for the WC draw until we agree to do the Qatar cup?? After all I don't see us playing a friendly with Spain, Brazil, etc if we're in the same group as them?

Would be a dream friendly and we would owe Qatar heavily if they could pull that friendly cup out!

Comment

Iran vs Lebanon Post Match Ratings & Discussion

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                          I personally do not think Skocic’s tactics during this WCQ campaign have been horrible. He has instilled an offensive mindset in the players. It’s no surprise players like ARJ are playing very well. He wants players to be patient with the ball, and move the ball side to side until space opens up. There is no bezan ziresh tactics or multiple aimless crossing in the box, and the defense plays a higher line.

We have to understand and acknowledge that iranian players are not well-trained in the fundamentals, so when you want to play a patient ball control offense, a bad control, a bad touch, and bad trap, will ruin the play. At the same time, it makes us much more reliant on our European based players such as Taremi, Ghoddos, ARJ, etc to execute offensive plays more smoothly.

Also, this game shows just vital how Taremi is to our offense, in terms of his playmaking, movement, and link up play.

I think many times, people confuse poor individual play with poor tactics. I think with an offense of Taremi, ARJ, Azmoun, and Ghoddos, and Ezatollahi, with extensive friendlies, I think Skocic may be able to fully implement the well-oiled machine he’s looking for on offense.

Also kudos to Kanaani and ARJ to having an excellent game. Especially ARJ, who hasn’t found his footing at club level in a long time, but is in great form for TM.
                          Skocic TM does not Know how to defend as a team and that’s why our defenders or DMs look weak or inconsistent from game to game. This is really an easy pick at the World Cup stage by more experienced opponents.

Example of offense without defense is Saudi Arabia in Russia. They were humiliated despite their offensive attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

The problem is we do not have depth, if one player goes their replacements are maybe 2 to 3 levels down.

Again CQ knew in tournaments you also need depth......Sko aside from his tactics, has done a bad job in this regard.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin_guzoo View Post
                              The problem is we do not have depth, if one player goes their replacements are maybe 2 to 3 levels down.

Again CQ knew in tournaments you also need depth......Sko aside from his tactics, has done a bad job in this regard.
                              Some players are irreplaceable. Even CQ knew that. Look what happened when Taremi wasn't there for the Iran-Japan game in AC 2019. Our attack suffered considerably.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin_guzoo View Post

CQ knew about depth but forgot you need to score to win. What's the point of having depth at defense if you fail to create a smidgen of offense. Why save a guy like Salah for end of PKs in Afcon. Depth means nothing if all you want to do is weather attacks without trying to score. Football needs goals to win. Cq tactics are repetive and easy to decipher. They break under relentless pressure.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                                X