No announcement yet.

Iran vs Lebanon Post Match Ratings & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kanaani has really shown his skill in long range passing. Really great vision from him this game. He put this on display in some previous matches as well. At the start of qualifiers I was very critical of his selection especially given that AC campaign but he seems to have grown a lot as a player and seems the more reliable choice among our CB's. I still worry about his 1 on 1 defending a bit as well as his pace, both of which have been exposed at various times in qualifiers. Still, his read on the game and offensive contributions are high quality.

As far as the rest of the team goes, I really hope these guys get in better shape before the world cup. Its concerning how many of our starters are lacking in game time these days and if we want to get out of group stage then stamina and pace are extremely valuable.

Comment

I just want us to get better. Not a good performance at all today or previous games, let's just hope we improve a lot - with or without Skocic.
      "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Mehdi Mehdipour: 33 passes completed, 100% pass accuracy!

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
          They were beaten up and pepper sprayed.
          To hell with the Islamic Republic and their supporters - especially those who live in the West and enjoy all its freedoms.
          Savages rule Iran! Thank god, we saw this so now no more "Khorafat parasti" from Iranians!! Once these cockroaches go, Islam and their version of it will NEVER infiltrate Iran for at least another 100 years until we all get a full belly and easy life again !!

Comment

Sorry guys, but really? You want to tell me that was a nice game by Iran?

Comment

Firstly, have to say - given where we were this time a year ago, 25 points from a potential 30 and topping our group is a great result and one we shouldn’t take for granted. When I first saw the groups, I thought we would struggle big time since Arab teams have given us a lot of trouble over the years. Apologies in advance for the long post, but a few things have become clear to me:
              * It is essential, absolutely essential, that our young players go to Europe as soon as possible. We can work on pathways and junior development in Iran long term, but short term, we need to foster good relationships with European leagues and get our players there at a young age. Particularly young centre midfielders like Salmani and Hosseinzadeh. They need to go ASAP when they can learn fundamentals. Noorafkan should look for a transfer before the WC.
              * We have gone backwards with the silly Red/Blue loyalty. Sarlak, Kamal and Torabi shouldn’t be anywhere near TM. Thinking about the WC - suppose we are ahead 1-0 against an African team. Are we really going to bring on Sarlak as a sub to help defend? It’s a real concern.
              * I have been watching TM since 1997 as a 10 year old, and I can say, with confidence, Ahmad Noor is the worst fixed player I have seen in that time. There have been worse players, but none who have played as a fixed starter for years and years. He has no vision, his first touch is poor. He constantly turns himself into trouble instead of away. He gives away cheap ball, and any time he looks to go forward, he gives the ball away. Defensively, he runs a lot but is often out of position, doesn’t coordinate his press with the team, has no aerial ability and loses 1v1 challenges all the time. He will cost us dearly at WC, he cannot start. Mehdipour, Ezza and Amiri should be the midfield 3. Hopefully Ali Karimi and Omid can play themselves into a spot.
              * I think the Hosseini/Kanaani duo is good, and Khalilzadeh can be a good right back against the Pot 1/Pot 2 teams. However, as mentioned above, they need much better protection than players like Ahmad Noor and Sarlak.
              * I have said before the parallels between this team and 2006 are scary, and that is still true. Something that hurt
              us in 2006 was our key players were all returning from serious injuries and out of form. I am really hoping all of our players have a superb next few months and bring that confidence into TM camp.
              * Now the last point, Skocic. In an ideal world, I would be looking to replace him. His selections are bizarre, and he has shown no tactical nous. He was found out badly against Korea away from home - yes, we were missing 6 starters, but this is the sort of challenge a great manager would relish. He failed. In saying that, I am aware IFF is essentially broke. If no decent foreign coach can be brought in, we need to do everything we can to give us the best preparation possible, and support Skocic. A proper dedicated fitness coach. Local players brought in at least once a week to PEC to work further on fitness. Most importantly, at least 6 or 7 quality friendliest against varied opponents.
              We need to multiple plans and strategies/formations depending on the situation. Our squad has good versatility and there are plenty of options.

Comment

Didn't have a chance to watch the game live and just finished watching it. Based on the comments here I was expecting an exceptionally shitty performance, but looks like it was just the typical shit performance by Iran.

Good:
                - First 30 minutes or so showed a bit of attacking flair and nice movements on and off the ball.
                - Kanaani long balls were beautiful
                - Won the group
                - No red cards (will come back to this later)
                - Allahyar got his first start

Bad:
                - The Alirezas: It's becoming more clear why JB has lost the coach's trust in Feyenoord. He's extremely sloppy with the ball, can't dribble past traffic cone, is slow on the ball, and goes in late on challenges too aggressively. . It's not a lack of playing time, it's not a lack of confidence ( how much more confidence do you need than being the captain of your national team ?) At this rate, if something doesn't change, in the coming years he will be a Shojaie type figure. The guys that's clearly a net negative on the team. but is kept around because players like and respect him. Also not sure what the hell that shoving bullshit was about with the Leb player near the end of the match, but you have to expect a bit more level headedness from your captain.
                As for Beiro... the more I see him, the less I have faith on him. Wasn't really tested today, but seemed shaky with his feet in the first half, gave the ball away with his rushed long throw (we get it bro, you have a record), and as always doing his over the top dramatic yelling at the defenders. Just overall doesn't fill me with confidence. Hope We see Amir back in the net for the WC.

- Saeed: Hasn't learned a thing over the past 4 years. Missed the first game of the last WC because of boneheaded aggression, and seems to have learnt nothing from it. Lucky to not be double yellowed today. One of if not the only right call Skocic made was subbing him out at half time.

- The Midfield: An absolute mess. Both from a setup point of view and player quality.

- Gholizadeh: A "Playmaker" who can't make a play.

- The Fullbacks, too many turnovers in the first half.

- Defence crowding in the box and giving too much room on flanks and outside of the box

- Can't handle a press: May it be Korea or Lebanon, the slightest amount of pressure and the entire backline gets nervous.

- Can't Press

- Skocic's 1000th game against a much weaker side who parks the bus and we still don't have a game plan to deal with it. We don't have plan when the opponents attack, we don't have one when they don't. Everything still relies on individual moments of brilliance from the players rather than coherent modern game plan. We are looking at most at a single point in the world cup with this guy in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                  Beiranvand- 6, his foot work and positioning is always nerve wrecking to watch. I'm much more comfortable with Abedzadeh in goal.
                  Beiranvand gives me a heart attack every time his foot touches the ball! He makes the most basic mistakes and they will turn to goals against us. Yes Abedzadeh made 1 mistake, but that seemed like a fluke, and I wouldn't count it against him unless he did it again between now and WC. With Beiranvand he continues to show really poor judgment on the back line at least once a game. Honestly, if Abedzadeh didn't work out I'd go for the 3rd choice GK and keep Beiranvand for PK shootout.
                  زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Gholi has low IQ. He shouldn't start anymore. Play Saman, young Hosseinzadeh there.
                    I like Amiri but he shouldn't start either tbh(like today). Bring him when we want protect a lead.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      Gholi has low IQ. He shouldn't start anymore. Play Saman, young Hosseinzadeh there.

I like Amiri but he shouldn't start anymore tbh(like today). Bring him. When we want protect a lead.

I really like Hosseinzadeh's composure. He doesn't feel like he is 21 years old.

Remember, out of that famed U16 team, there were better talents than him yet he alongside Allahyar rose from it because of his mentality and hard work (he had serious injury a couple years ago but bounced back).

On Ali Gholizadeh, his IQ is a problem. He just doesn't make enough smart plays.

Comment

Ezzat moving to Qatar was the most stupid decision one could have done prior to WC. He already lacked mobility and this move will probably cost him starting place in WC.

Comment

BTW, did anyone else feel bad for the dude under Beiro's family jewels?

Comment

Too many players around or over 30 yrs old in this team.
                            Beiro
                            Shoja
                            Kanani
                            Nour
                            Amiri
                            Hajsafi
                            JB
                            Karim
                            Taremi
                            Esmailifar
                            Mehdipour
                            Abedzadeh
                            PAG
                            Milad M
                            kamal
                            Hossein Hosseini

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                              BTW, did anyone else feel bad for the dude under Beiro's family jewels?
                              Beiranvand has to be more careful.
                              First with his cake stuff, then this.
                              Even Ahmad Noorollahi was yelling at him to be careful, especially in light of what happened to Ansarifard the day before.

Comment

What happened to Karim Ansarifard

Comment

Working...
                                X