No announcement yet.

Iran vs Lebanon Post Match Ratings & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand for Iran that is unfortunately the case, of not having a equivalent next man up. But that's why we need a better coach than Dragan at this point, to force the subject and get a better squad on the team sheet and prep them HARD for the next 8 months.

And @ O-zone,

Do you think Iran can go toe to toe attacking with a decent side? We played the way where statistically we had a chance, may not have been pretty, but we also had our chances. Imagine if ezza socred vs spain, taremi vs portugal, or ashkan vs argentina. Im sure your tune would have been a bit different. With these Dragan tactics any decent coach would choke out our top 3 players (ARJ, Azmoun, Taremi) and go for the kill all day with our mid and back line, now that easy to decipher.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin_guzoo View Post
      I understand for Iran that is unfortunately the case, of not having a equivalent next man up. But that's why we need a better coach than Dragan at this point, to force the subject and get a better squad on the team sheet and prep them HARD for the next 8 months.

And @ O-zone,

Do you think Iran can go toe to toe attacking with a decent side? We played the way where statistically we had a chance, may not have been pretty, but we also had our chances. Imagine if ezza socred vs spain, taremi vs portugal, or ashkan vs argentina. Im sure your tune would have been a bit different. With these Dragan tactics any decent coach would choke out our top 3 players (ARJ, Azmoun, Taremi) and go for the kill all day with our mid and back line, now that easy to decipher.
      You don't have to go all out attack. That would be madness...as mad as all out defending. But we now know from 14 and 18 we didn't do enough to score. Could we have attacked more against Nigeria, Morocco, maybe even Portugal...yes yet we played those teams sane way we did Spain and Argentina. What did we expect would happen?

I want a more balanced team. We have the potential...we just need a coach to believe in that. CQs strategy is the same regardless of hebhas James , Salah, or Taremi...its just not enough to win in modern football.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
        Skocic TM does not Know how to defend as a team and that’s why our defenders or DMs look weak or inconsistent from game to game. This is really an easy pick at the World Cup stage by more experienced opponents.

Example of offense without defense is Saudi Arabia in Russia. They were humiliated despite their offensive attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Statistically speaking, we’ve been very good in goals allowed. Our biggest defensive challenge was South Korea, and with our A team, other than their one goal, they were threatening only once the entire game (due to an individual defensive blunder in the 89th minute).

I think those defensive blunders can be corrected, just like how our friendly with Turkey before WC2018 exposed us. If not, then yes, it’ll be easy pickings for our opponents in Qatar.

Comment

Working...
        X