FIFA World Cup 2022 draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
    Disagree. beIN SPORTS was definitely covering Asian Cup 2019! Maybe because of Qatar? But there was definitely good coverage.
    In North America, the only coverage we got was from Dazn starting from the semi-final stage

The rest was just whatever streams we could find.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      In North America, the only coverage we got was from Dazn starting from the semi-final stage

The quickest I ever subbed and unsubscribed to a streaming service ever. Cancelled immediately after loss to Japan. Luckily paramount has everything now

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
        The Asian cup is still an international tournament. Having it every 2 years will increase the chances of our players being scouted by european teams.

I would even go as far as mirroring what CAF is doing. Having a "real" AFCON every 2 years and a AFCON for local players every 2 years. Meaning they have a tournament every year.
        That would be great for our local players to get more international experience. It would also calm down the media inside Iran calling for more local players to be given a chance in TM.
        How many asian players were bought after an asian cup, specially iranian ? Compare it with wc.
        Afcon is overhyped by african diaspora in Europe and lot of African players have strong link with Europe. That's why it has so much attention and scout and so.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
          Is this guy ever gonna stop? All he's been doing is changing things in the sport since he's taken over, and mostly all just for the sake of increasing revenue / profits.

Ridiculous honestly. He's a cancer to this sport and even if Blatter was sketchy along with this whole team, at least the integrity of the sport wasn't being ruined in many ways with crap like this, the 48 team world cups, random tournaments that mean nothing, etc.

Sorry I can see why some don't mind a world cup every 3 years but every 4 years is what makes it so special and worth the wait + the reason for these changes are what bothers me ($$$)
          Make it more special with a wc every 8 years then.
          What kind of TM fan appreciate to wait 4 fking years watching the world playing nation league, copa America etc..non stop while TM has only friendlies ac and wcq against iraq syria and once or twice SK/japan??

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

I know that. That's why in North America I used a VPN and watched it via beIN Sports. Others did you mentioned, like you said. I don't think that will be the case anymore surely with Paramount+ and other streaming services for Asian Cup 2023.

Also, I didn't get why beIN Sports doesn't give Iran licensing rights if the countries are on decent terms! They excluded KSA, UAE, Iran and Iraq for their licensing rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
              I know that. That's why in North America I used a VPN and watched it via beIN Sports. Others did you mentioned, like you said. I don't think that will be the case anymore surely with Paramount+ and other streaming services for Asian Cup 2023.

Also, I didn't get why beIN Sports doesn't give Iran licensing rights if the countries are on decent terms! They excluded KSA, UAE, Iran and Iraq for their licensing rights.
              BeIN sports wants money for a product they own the rights to.
              Saudi and UAE is it's own story as they were pirating all sorts of content that got them even in trouble with FIFA and UEFA.

By access I mean mainstream access. VPN is not something the average viewer wants to go through.
              Also Paramount despite owning the AFC rights for North America, does not air anything in Canada!
              Nemidoonam Canada chi kar karde be ina!

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                Make it more special with a wc every 8 years then.
                What kind of TM fan appreciate to wait 4 fking years watching the world playing nation league, copa America etc..non stop while TM has only friendlies ac and wcq against iraq syria and once or twice SK/japan??
                Please try and be calm in your responses, and don't let other people's opinions bother you so much. - No need to question me and what kind of TM fan I am, just because my opinion is different than yours.

Every 4 years is what makes this event special....the fact that it doesn't come often.

So just because Iran can't manage good friendlies, the world cup being every 3 years is gonna help us? - If we can't arrange good friendlies, we won't be able to do it even if the world cup is every 3 years, and the results will be the same (likely out at group stage).

I mean this with all due respect and no matter what someone else's opinion is, it's always best to just chat things out and understand the other's opinion & where it's coming from.

Comment

Every 4 years is what makes this event special....the fact that it doesn't come often.
                  So just because Iran can't manage good friendlies, the world cup being every 3 years is gonna help us? - If we can't arrange good friendlies, we won't be able to do it even if the world cup is every 3 years, and the results will be the same (likely out at group stage).
                  I don't care about WC being special, I care more about TM. I want to see my team against the best, not 4 years of wasted time against arab grassroling and other crappy asian side.

Iran cannot have friendlies because of this damn uefa nation league, soon other confederation will have theirs. So we will stuck with syria, iraq, Uzbekistan for good.
                  Nota : saw your edit afterward

Comment

I don't care about WC being special, I care more about TM. I want to see my team against the best, not 4 years of wasted time against arab grassroling and other crappy asian side.

Iran cannot have friendlies because of this damn uefa nation league, soon other confederation will have theirs. So we will stuck with syria, iraq, Uzbekistan for good.
                    Nota : saw your edit afterward
                    I hear you man. Thing is, that even if a world cup is every 3 years instead of 4, TM would barely get more games.

Over a 21 year period with world cup every 3 years = 7 world cups - IF it's every 4 years = 5 world cups in 21 years

Group stage now is 2 matches right? - so that's only 4 more guaranteed matches over that entire 21 year period, unless Iran makes it out of group stage multiple times without arranging good friendlies before world cup.

It's not only not worth it for the integrity and value of the event.....I just don't think it'll even help TM much to have couple more games here and there over several years span.

We really just have to find a way to arrange proper friendlies somehow, which you stated is even more difficult now, but hopefully we'll find a way!

Comment

How many asian players were bought after an asian cup, specially iranian ? Compare it with wc.
                      Afcon is overhyped by african diaspora in Europe and lot of African players have strong link with Europe. That's why it has so much attention and scout and so.
                      As i said, having it more often will increase the coverage of asian teams.
                      It’s time we overhype asian football too.
                      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

I hear you man. Thing is, that even if a world cup is every 3 years instead of 4, TM would barely get more games.
                        Over a 21 year period with world cup every 3 years = 7 world cups - IF it's every 4 years = 5 world cups in 21 years
                        Group stage now is 2 matches right? - so that's only 4 more guaranteed matches over that entire 21 year period, unless Iran makes it out of group stage multiple times without arranging good friendlies before world cup.
                        It's not only not worth it for the integrity and value of the event.....I just don't think it'll even help TM much to have couple more games here and there over several years span.
                        We really just have to find a way to arrange proper friendlies somehow, which you stated is even more difficult now, but hopefully we'll find a way!
                        I disagree. First we will get more coverage, prestige and real euro scouting with a wc that have more frequency.
                        It may be just some games more but it's better than being hidden in a black hole called AFC competitions.

Your argument about wc prestige and co can be heard and logical for France England etc.. Fans

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                          As i said, having it more often will increase the coverage of asian teams.
                          It’s time we overhype asian football too.
                          2 x 0 = 0 at the end

Comment

Originally posted by sammyg
                            Where are the Queiroz lovers. Skocic is in the world Cup and Queiroz Two world Cup teams in Colombia and Egypt is not

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
                            Sorry to disappoint you

Comment

Working...
                            X