Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any links for Egypt vs jordan??? playing right now in arab cup but i don't see it being broadcasted live on youtube like other matches.

Would greatly appreciate it! thanks!

Comment

Hope Sko and IFF don't make themselves happy with this easy qualification and head to WC with minimum preparation.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
        Any links for Egypt vs jordan??? playing right now in arab cup but i don't see it being broadcasted live on youtube like other matches.

Would greatly appreciate it! thanks!
        https://www.alkass.net/alkass/live.aspx?ch=one

Comment

Man it would've been so nice to have our IPL/local players compete in a tournament like this. Anything to build some extra chemistry in the team even if it doesn't involve our top players. Its small international events that help the youngsters stand out too. Ghayedi for example will probably never get a start with our full team but can really show himself in this sort of situation.

Maybe if it was re-named the 'beards and tan colored skin' cup we could justify participating

Comment

It would be nice to have a tournament with all Islamic countries. Even teams like Turkey, Bosnia and Albania would participate. I think that would be a real quality tournament even if most teams send their B-teams. I would rather see us play against Turkey's B-team than Lebanon for example.

Comment

Egypt wins 3-1 in AET.

CQ was so calm and composed during the break before AET. He sat his players down on the sideline and was instructing them the whole time. Egypt came out of the break nearly totally in control and executed the plan. What a gem. Congratulations CQ and Egypt!
              As a bonus, Branko’s Oman lost

Comment

Asian teams ridan big time. Egypt or Morocco/Algeria will most likely win this

Comment

There is no doubt that African Arab teams are better than Asian Arab teams but I would love to see the top 5 African teams vs top 5 Asian teams.
                  Something like this:

Nigeria vs Japan
                  Egypt vs Iran
                  Algeria vs Australia
                  Morocco vs Saudi Arabia
                  Senegal vs Korea

It would be a team tournament, something similar like the Wrestling World Cup where national teams compete against each other instead of individuals and in this case confederations compete against each other.

Also notice that Saudi are the best Arab team from Asia and they only sent their U23 team. They couldn't even beat Palestine.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                    I would use this word loosely. A bunch of sub-par teams that can only win against heavy-weights with unfair AFC scheduling/traveling/referee shenanigans is not representative of all of Asia. Their charade becomes obvious in any tournament outside of AFC control.

Comment

It is Egypt's 1st win over Jordan in their last 3 tries, and Carlos Queiroz's 1st win over Adnan Hamad in 3 tries. They met twice before, playing out two draws at the helm of Iran and Jordan respectively.

Egypt's last match vs. Jordan was a 1-0 loss in 2016 under Hector Cuper.

@PharaohsXI

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                        As a bonus, Branko’s Oman lost

No way is that a bonus…..I think everyone would have loved to see CQ be the one to hand branko’s ass to him. I was really hoping for Egypt vs Oman would have been such an exciting match up!!!!
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                          The only 2 which anything could have been expected of was Saudi and Qatar……the rest suck and nothing was expected of them. Only 1 of the 2 actually rid IMO.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                            No way is that a bonus…..I think everyone would have loved to see CQ be the one to hand branko’s ass to him. I was really hoping for Egypt vs Oman would have been such an exciting match up!!!!
                            LOL. True that!

Comment

Egypt-Tunisia on Dec. 15th

Comment

UAE probably at the last Asian Cup was at their deadliest but honestly nothing special from them.
                                Among the Arab teams though Qatar and Saudi from the AFC could definitely compete with the likes of Morocco/Algeria*

*without their legionnaires. No chance a full strength Egypt with Salah, Morocco with Ziyech and co, Algeria with Mahrez would lose to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X