Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
    Interesting to note, that Iraq has one the Arab Cup more than any other nation (4 times), followed by KSA (2 times).
    Just did a very brief review.
    The better Arab teams (Egypt, Algeria, Morocco, Saudi), have sent domestic only teams, or even B teams in their entirety. Only the less dominant teams have sent full squads.

This whole tournament is a warm up for Qatar to host WC 2022, as Confederations Cup no longer exists.

Comment

That explains why Renard was not coaching KSA for their game against Jordan.

Comment

Comment

I Saw Iraq play and they are much better than when the DICK was coaching, Still no match for TM but the score line in the next game will not be 3-0. More like a 2-1 IMO. The new coach is more hands on, more passionate and pushes the team constantly. This is what they needed. Stay tuned …

Comment

LOL. Our football is more similar to Egypt's than I thought =)

Comment

FIFA Arab Cup: What a useless tournament for bunch of nomads! This is nothing but using FIFA as publicity for pan-Arab nationalisms! Damn the power of God's gifted free oil money!!

Interestingly, almost in most of these so called Arab countries, Arabs were never the indigenous populations. Damn the sword and satanic verse which concurred large geographies and arab-ized people.

Anyway, in case you didn't know there are not just 1, 2 or 3 or even 10 of these, there are 23 and may be growing.

16 we see participating in the FIFArab Cup: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, and UAT
              And .. 7 tried but didn't qualify: Kuwait, Comoros, Yemen, Djibouti, Libya, Somalia, South Sudan

Another interesting observation is that from all the obsessions that Arabs have developed for game of football (and nobody really knows why!) they have not been able to achieve anything. I bet if we put all these 23 teams together they still achieve nothing!
              Sorry, if I sound racist!! I am not!

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                I Saw Iraq play and they are much better than when the DICK was coaching, Still no match for TM but the score line in the next game will not be 3-0. More like a 2-1 IMO. The new coach is more hands on, more passionate and pushes the team constantly. This is what they needed. Stay tuned …
                It’s his assistant. Not much difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                  FIFA Arab Cup: What a useless tournament for bunch of nomads! This is nothing but using FIFA as publicity for pan-Arab nationalisms! Damn the power of God's gifted free oil money!!

Interestingly, almost in most of these so called Arab countries, Arabs were never the indigenous populations. Damn the sword and satanic verse which concurred large geographies and arab-ized people.

Anyway, in case you didn't know there are not just 1, 2 or 3 or even 10 of these MFs, there are 23 and may be growing.

16 we see participating in the FIFArab Cup: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, and UAT
                  And .. 7 tried but didn't qualify: Kuwait, Comoros, Yemen, Djibouti, Libya, Somalia, South Sudan

Another interesting observation is that from all the obsessions that Arabs have developed for game of football (and nobody really knows why!) they have not been able to achieve anything. I bet if we put all these 23 teams together they still achieve nothing!

Sorry, if I sound racist!! I am not!
                  Woo! This is a loaded post. Is there a reason you are cursing at 16 countries simply because they have a football tournament? There are near one billion Arab speaking people of different racial heritage in Asia and Africa. Is it a crime to speak Arabic?

I personally think you are confusing Arabs for what we have done to ourselves. Just an opinion and no merits on what I am about to say next.

But nevertheless, please keep up with the forum rules and do not stereotype or insult a large group of people.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Every time I go back watch Iran vs Argentina/Spain highlights I can’t hold back tears. I feel proud and sad at the same time.

Comment

The Iran vs Argentina game was IMO the greatest performance in Irans Football-History. Playing against the Team that made it to the World-Cup Final with players like the GOAT (Messi), Di Maria, Sergio Agüero, Higuain, Zambrotta etc. in front of stadium filled predominantly with Argentinian-Fans.

Comment

It must be embarrassing for 25% of this tournament to be grouped with us and be owned so badly.

Comment

I bet if we put all these 23 teams together they still achieve nothing!
                          As an Egyptian, I don't care about any other nation that's participating in the Arab cup, nor their football history.

We are the most successful African team with a record 7 AFCON titles. Also most times finished as runner up. No African or Asian team has come close to achieving more than us on their own continent. We also currently have the best player in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
                            As an Egyptian, I don't care about any other nation that's participating in the Arab cup, nor their football history.

We are the most successful African team with a record 7 AFCON titles. Also most times finished as runner up. No African or Asian team has come close to achieving more than us on their own continent. We also currently have the best player in the world.
                            As an Iranian, I am amazed to see this arab cup (and with B teams from most teams) having so many coverage among iranians and iran medias.

Comment

Oman has conceded against both Iraq and Qatar in the 98th minute.

They will probably win vs Bahrain and make it out of their group. If Oman end up 2nd, Egypt wins their group (which is likely to happen) and both win their QF games, Branko and Queiroz will face eachother in the SF
                              Last edited by 04041374; 12-03-2021, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                                As an Iranian, I am amazed to see this arab cup (and with B teams from most teams) having so many coverage among iranians and iran medias.
                                The reason it is getting so much coverage is that its a trial run for the World Cup.
                                The camerawork, stadiums, graphics, presentations, its exactly how the World Cup will be televised/staged.

Comment

Working...
                                X