Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, our coach now has won against Iraq, Bahrain, UAE and Balawaristan. Proven winner.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
      senegal team was strong as it comes.
      i dont see my fav team egypt qualify
      to wc
      watching the highlights, it sure seemed so to me as well..!
      im sure (fair/unfair??) CQ's expulsion from the sidelines had its negative impact too... still he got his team to the spot-kicks in the Final and that's all egypt fans can reasonably demand of him and from there on the end result is always a gamble and largely outa coach's hand..!
      his team still looked to be disjointed in Middle of the pitch again out there and too predictable attacking wing heavy on Salah's side and relying on set-piece goals..! but to be fair this egypt squad was certainly not the superior squad, possibly not even top3-4 talent-loaded team in the tourney from a my very limited viewings and egyptians should be very happy to even be making the final appearance in it and only be a PK save away from winning it all..!!

i'm sure, similar to our key wcq clashes with SK in the past years, he will meticulously design a very specific, largely defensive and counter-attacking game tactics for the clash with Senegal and if all his players really buy into it, then i can still envision him nicking it past them into wc22, the usual CQ style, very narrowly by a slimmest of all margins..!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        Every 2 yrs.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
        Wc every 2 years. Only solution for Iran and asian teams as they are the big losers with this mickey mouse cup every 2 years

Comment

After having watched a fair amount of games from this African Cup, i can really say that it was not worth it to watch any of those games. A lot of games were really boring to watch and went to penalties afterwards. The final yesterday was boring as hell as well. I‘m definitely not going to watch any African Cup games anymore. Will be hard for Egypt to qualify, bur i hope they make it so that we can beat them in the group phase.

Comment

Senegal played well ??? Senegals performance was even very shitty , how can someone say Senegal played well ?

And as much as i wished Egypt to win because i like Salah and CQ but Egypt scored 4 goals in total and conceded 2, in 7 matches.

So 4 Goals scored, 2 conceded, out of 7 matches 5 were won, out of this 5 which they won 2 were in penalties.

I also saw the match against Morocco, this must be the worst Moroccon team ever.

No hate against egypt or CQ, but in Group stage they lost to Nigeria and won 1-0 against Sudan and Guinea, then a game against a very weak Moroccon team and the rest was penalties.

I dont believe that Egypt Fans will be very happy just because they made it into the Finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
              After having watched a fair amount of games from this African Cup, i can really say that it was not worth it to watch any of those games. A lot of games were really boring to watch and went to penalties afterwards. The final yesterday was boring as hell as well. I‘m definitely not going to watch any African Cup games anymore. Will be hard for Egypt to qualify, bur i hope they make it so that we can beat them in the group phase.
              Exactly what i wanted to say, i believed Senegal must be like Brazil but the whole African Cup was very very low, maybe Asian Cup would even be better. But the gras was very bad, maybe that was a point too.

Comment

Originally posted by ashimashi View Post
                I have a lot of appreciation for what CQ did with TM in terms of discipline and was sad to see him go. But it appears to me that he really is not a winner, but a mister “nearly won” - nearly beat Argentina in 2014. Nearly drew Spain and nearly beat Portugal and nearly advance our group in 2018. And now nearly won AFCON with Egypt. His negative tactics may help you get as far but are not for winning in the long term. I am now glad we have a different coach with more of a winning mentality!
                I've been saying this since after WC 2014. Always a day late and dollar short is his mindset.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Undoubtedly, the greatest highlight of AFCON 2022 was Janny Sikazwe, the referee, who blew the final whistle in the 85th minute and again in the 90th minute in the Mali-Tunisia game. I have never in the past, and I'm pretty sure will never until the day I die, see such poor officiating in any competition. Just, wow. If you haven't seen it, google "Janny Sikazwe blows final whistle early".

Comment

Asian countries (qatar uae ksa korea japan china, Australia) have better infrastructure and stadium than the whole african continent (except south africa maybe).
                    Asian football level is better than African one. Even if with some magics you can prove the opposite, both continent are more or less at the same level.

The only things they have and that's why people follow their mickey mouse cup and overhype/overrate their teams is : their big diaspora in Europe, some big players in Europe (most of them are French national or overrage Nigerians)

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                      Asian countries (qatar uae ksa korea japan china, Australia) have better infrastructure and stadium than the whole african continent (except south africa maybe).
                      Asian football level is better than African one. Even if with some magics you can prove the opposite, both continent are more or less at the same level.

The only things they have and that's why people follow their mickey mouse cup and overhype/overrate their teams is : their big diaspora in Europe, some big players in Europe (most of them are French national or overrage Nigerians)
                      Exactly. This is why so many people from Europe like to watch AFCON because they have so many European legionnaires. Even a team like Mali has over 20 French League/Bundesliga/Premier League players. I guess it also has its advantages when the league in your own country is not professional because then the players are forced to go to Europe and start for example at 2nd league French or Belgian teams. However our players stay in IPL or go to Qatar because they get a decent salary and therefore it's too risky to go to Europe. For Mali players however it's not a risk at all because they have no other choice.

I wonder how we would match up with a team like Mali. On paper they are much stronger than us but I can't imagine TM getting dominated by them.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                        Yes, our coach now has won against Iraq, Bahrain, UAE and Balawaristan. Proven winner.
                        So according to you the "Proven winner" is the guy who couldn't win against those teams?!

Comment

Originally posted by ashimashi View Post
                          I have a lot of appreciation for what CQ did with TM in terms of discipline and was sad to see him go. But it appears to me that he really is not a winner, but a mister “nearly won” - nearly beat Argentina in 2014. Nearly drew Spain and nearly beat Portugal and nearly advance our group in 2018. And now nearly won AFCON with Egypt. His negative tactics may help you get as far but are not for winning in the long term. I am now glad we have a different coach with more of a winning mentality!
                          Way too early to say that... Skokic has only played teams such as Iraq, Bahrain, UAE, Syria, Lebanon, South Korea so far.. Make that claim once he plays teams like Argentina, Portugal, Spain in the World Cup.. I personally think it's more impressive having narrow defeats against the World Cup runner ups in 2014 and drawing Portugal in 2018 than these 1-0 victories against these Arab teams.

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                            Undoubtedly, the greatest highlight of AFCON 2022 was Janny Sikazwe, the referee, who blew the final whistle in the 85th minute and again in the 90th minute in the Mali-Tunisia game. I have never in the past, and I'm pretty sure will never until the day I die, see such poor officiating in any competition. Just, wow. If you haven't seen it, google "Janny Sikazwe blows final whistle early".
                            Dont be to sure bro, last i heard AFC was so impressed by him that they invited him to hold referee classes for their refs
                            You just might se him in next asia cup, game TM vs Saudi..
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
                              Exactly. This is why so many people from Europe like to watch AFCON because they have so many European legionnaires. Even a team like Mali has over 20 French League/Bundesliga/Premier League players. I guess it also has its advantages when the league in your own country is not professional because then the players are forced to go to Europe and start for example at 2nd league French or Belgian teams. However our players stay in IPL or go to Qatar because they get a decent salary and therefore it's too risky to go to Europe. For Mali players however it's not a risk at all because they have no other choice.

I wonder how we would match up with a team like Mali. On paper they are much stronger than us but I can't imagine TM getting dominated by them.
                              They don't choose to go to Europe for most of them! They are born in France, already there, play in french U teams and finally choose mali or Senegal at the end!

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                                *Ben Williams enters the chat*

Comment

Working...
                                X