Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    They don't choose to go to Europe for most of them! They are born in France, already there, play in french U teams and finally choose mali or Senegal at the end!
    19 players from the Mali national team who were born in either Mali or Cote Ivoire are playing in Europe. They have to go to Europe because their own league is not professional enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ashimashi View Post
      I have a lot of appreciation for what CQ did with TM in terms of discipline and was sad to see him go. But it appears to me that he really is not a winner, but a mister “nearly won” - nearly beat Argentina in 2014. Nearly drew Spain and nearly beat Portugal and nearly advance our group in 2018. And now nearly won AFCON with Egypt. His negative tactics may help you get as far but are not for winning in the long term. I am now glad we have a different coach with more of a winning mentality!

I always said and still believe in it:
      Being this defensive may win you LEAGUES, but will almost never win you TOURNAMENTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        I always said and still believe in it:
        Being this defensive may win you LEAGUES, but will almost never win you TOURNAMENTS.
        I have to agree with you. Also the road that Egypt had to the Finals via two Penalty-shootouts is a strong indication of that. And than in the Finals against Senegal again Penalty-shootouts . You can't expect to win a Tournament based on draws that leads to Penalties which are mostly based partly on mental strength and mostly luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
          Yes, our coach now has won against Iraq, Bahrain, UAE and Balawaristan. Proven winner.
          Under CQ we couldn't defeat Iraq multiple times, nor could we defeat Bahrain in Manama. Beside Korea , we couldn't defeat any other Asian-Powerhouse. We drew KSA in WAFF and got destroyed by Japan in AC 2019. Not saying that under SKO we will do any better, time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
            After having watched a fair amount of games from this African Cup, i can really say that it was not worth it to watch any of those games. A lot of games were really boring to watch and went to penalties afterwards. The final yesterday was boring as hell as well. I‘m definitely not going to watch any African Cup games anymore. Will be hard for Egypt to qualify, bur i hope they make it so that we can beat them in the group phase.
            You think Iran can beat Egypt easily? Senegal are better than us overall and better than Iran as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
              You think Iran can beat Egypt easily? Senegal are better than us overall and better than Iran as well.
              Iran vs. Egypt would be competitive. Egypt are a great team. I don't even want to know what Mo Salah would do against the likes of Shoja Khalilzadeh, with all due respect.

The star power in Africa is so much more than Asia, but I think Asia makes up some of that gap with their infrastructure.
              "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Asian countries (qatar uae ksa korea japan china, Australia) have better infrastructure and stadium than the whole african continent (except south africa maybe).
                Asian football level is better than African one. Even if with some magics you can prove the opposite, both continent are more or less at the same level.

The only things they have and that's why people follow their mickey mouse cup and overhype/overrate their teams is : their big diaspora in Europe, some big players in Europe (most of them are French national or overrage Nigerians)
                North Africa (Morocco, Egypt, Tunisia) have great football infrastructures that can support these sort of tournaments as all 3 have good leagues. Cameroon should never be allowed to host ever again. What a completed failure. Only North African countries should be allowed to host the AFCON as it's never a disaster when hosted there and with much better pitches.

Comment

yeah my bet would be on Iran beating Egypt atm.. also beating Senegal.. but senegal would be more eaven.

egypt isnt dangerous going forward, maybe given 6 more months woth CQ they might be very solid.

atm i would say 2-0. 3-1, 4-1 for Iran vs Egypt. (one goal for egypt for if salah has a moment on his own) 70/30 in Irans favour
                  Iran vs Senegal I would say, 2-1, 1-1 2-2 60/40 in Irans favour

I have to say, with all respect for the teams, africa cup was weaker than asia cup
                  teams like, Iran, Japan, Korea, Saudi and Australia are levels above these teams, only exception being Senegal who are at the same level.

i would love to se friendlies vs both senegal and egypt, i do enjoy watching both teams play and Iran and these teams would benefint from friendlies..
                  at world cup, anything can happen and the team with best preperations will win. they are not that far away that a team with bad preps will win anyway.
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                    Iran vs. Egypt would be competitive. Egypt are a great team. I don't even want to know what Mo Salah would do against the likes of Shoja Khalilzadeh, with all due respect.

The star power in Africa is so much more than Asia, but I think Asia makes up some of that gap with their infrastructure.
                    I agree like in my previous post, many African countries lack the proper infrastructure for sure. On Iran vs. Egypt, I'm surprised we've only ever faced each other once many years ago that ended 1-1. I feel the only way we could ever meet is in the WC.

Comment

North Africa (Morocco, Egypt, Tunisia) have great football infrastructures that can support these sort of tournaments as all 3 have good leagues. Cameroon should never be allowed to host ever again. What a completed failure. Only North African countries should be allowed to host the AFCON as it's never a disaster when hosted there and with much better pitches.
                      Sorry but most ofthe infrastructure Asian countries I mentioned (mostly first world countries) are on a different level

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                        yeah Iran would beat Egypt atm.. also beat Senegal.. but senegal would be more eaven.
                        egypt isnt dangerous going forward, maybe given 6 more months woth CQ they might be very solid.
                        atm i would say 2-0. 3-1, 4-1 for Iran vs Egypt. (one goal for egypt for if salah has a moment on his own) 75/25 in Irans favour
                        Iran vs Senegal I would say, 2-1, 1-1 2-2 60/40 in Irans favour
                        You realize you're not really basing this on anything. Since I've joined this forum I've kept an eye on your NT and watched a couple matches from qualifiers. You say this, but forgot I watched your match against Lebanon.

Comment

iran vs morroco tunisia egypt algeria
                          all withh either finish tie or
                          slim 1-0
                          2-1 going for either side.

Comment

You realize you're not really basing this on anything. Since I've joined this forum I've kept an eye on your NT and watched a couple matches from qualifiers. You say this, but forgot I watched your match against Lebanon.
                            well this is based on what my feelings say lol,

based on facts we scored more vs lebanon than egypt scored in the whole tournament..

jokes aside, idk what you expect, its a persian football forum (I enjoy your post and that you are here)
                            offcource we will believe we will win vs egypt.. im not saying we will trash brazil 5-0

but that isnt unrealistic that the nr1 team in asia is better than egypt

but as i wrote, coming world cup, a egypt with good preps will be favourites vs Iran with bad preps, and Iran with good preps will be favourites vs Egypt with good preps..

teams are still eaven.
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Sorry but most ofthe infrastructure Asian countries I mentioned (mostly first world countries) are on a different level
                              I agree. Even shit countries in Asia mostly have amazing pitches/stadiums. FIFA has let Egypt host the U20 WC before and it was a success. Playing away in Africa has always been a major disadvantage because of the pitches.

And to the guy saying only Senegal is stronger than Australia haha!! We absolutely destroyed them last time we played them. 3-0. I remember because I was at that friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                                Under CQ we couldn't defeat Iraq multiple times, nor could we defeat Bahrain in Manama. Beside Korea , we couldn't defeat any other Asian-Powerhouse. We drew KSA in WAFF and got destroyed by Japan in AC 2019. Not saying that under SKO we will do any better, time will tell.
                                Under CQ, we never lost to Bahrain. That was under Wilmots.
                                Under CQ, we also dominated Korea where as Sko struggled against them in Tehran..

Comment

Working...
                                X