Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taz View Post
    Shoutout to my man Otto Rehhagel but is there a better manager for setting up an underdog tournament side than our king? First getting a group of impoverished children of the Islamic Republic to a fantastic 2 WCs and 1 AC quarter and 1 AC semi and now this. He gave birth to Taremi and I have a feeling he'll do the same to this Salah kid. Bow down and appreciate him once again.
    Go CQ!
    CQ is now the "King" or to be more precise "Pharaoh" of Egypt. He has left us and is not bother with us ( he might even don't know that TM qualified for WC 22), we should move on too and focus on ourselves. Bow down to nobody beside TM! No to cult of personality and no to slave mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
      How do Egyptians feel with CQ performance so far?
      PS: It shouldn't bother you, because you guys have already won the Africa Cup 7 times, more than any other African Nation!
      He did well with the circumstances he was given. Only thing I want him to change is the midfield. IMO the best midfielder on the squad was playing RB today. He is our most creative mid and isn't used. Strange.

And you hit the nail on the head, we have enough AFCON titles. I want WC but CAF needs to restructure the whole qualifying process.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        Seriously there is an afcon in june 2023??
        Every 2 yrs.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to Senegal....but i really wanted Coach Carloz to win it all
          Hopefully they can win against them in the WCQ Playoffs and we can see CQ again in Qatar......and they definately need to change the Qualification Format in Africa imo....why not switch to a format like we have in Asia with 2 Groups and Top 2 from each Group Qualify plus a Playoff between 3rd ranked?

Comment

Persepolis fans on IG celebrating Carlos Queiroz's loss.

Do they not know they got weaseled by Branco too? They have made his beef, theirs - even when he is no longer their head coach. Come on.
            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post

Do they not know they got weaseled by Branco too? They have made his beef, theirs - even when he is no longer their head coach. Come on.
              These "new" Perspolisis are nothing more than a joke..embarrassing.. Feeling ashamed to call myself a Perspolisi...
              ما میمیریم میمیریم ایران رو پس میگیریم

Comment

It's nothing to be surprised about. They even celebrated when Iran got knocked out of the WC. I will never understand how someone can love Perspolis more than TM. Nobody gives a fuck about IPL except Iranians. TM however is watched by the whole football world during the WC.

Comment

Where does Egypt's GK play? Dude is amazing. He should definitely get offers from Europe after this

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                    Where does Egypt's GK play? Dude is amazing. He should definitely get offers from Europe after this
                    He had a big impact in Egypts Journey to the Finals, specially during the Penalty-shootouts. Will be interesting to see, if he overtook the no 1 spot in Egypt's Nationalteam after this performance.

Comment

Congrats to senegal but in all honesty egypt deserved it more. They have been beating toughest african teams and they have been fighting for this for 770 minutes in 7 matches. They trully deserved it more than any nation in this tournament.

Another point: Both mane and Salah didn't do shit in this tournament. Salah scored 2 goals and mane scored 3 (1 penalty) .

Both players messed up few times. Mane missed a penalty and salah missed Two 1 on 1 chances.

Again my point proven that these players are only performing well because they play around stars that feed them the oppurtunity to shine.

Egypts star without a doubt is Gabasky. Without him they would've been out 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Comment

Heartbreaking for the Pharoahs, CQ, and the Egyptian people. I wish them the best in WCQ. Props to the Senegalese players who consoled their Egyptian counterparts after their celebration.

Comment

senegal team was strong as it comes.
                            i dont see my fav team egypt qualify
                            to wc

Comment

this breed of perspolis fan, unfortunately, gives us a view we don't like into the sewer of iranian society. classless, idiotic tribal fans. how you can pick a domestic club that hasn't even won an asian title in decades over your national team is beyond me. i'll never trust any pundit, fanbase, etc who wishes for TMs failure. pathetic. and then to even compare an (at best) 2nd rate coach like branko to CQ....lol.

Comment

I have a lot of appreciation for what CQ did with TM in terms of discipline and was sad to see him go. But it appears to me that he really is not a winner, but a mister “nearly won” - nearly beat Argentina in 2014. Nearly drew Spain and nearly beat Portugal and nearly advance our group in 2018. And now nearly won AFCON with Egypt. His negative tactics may help you get as far but are not for winning in the long term. I am now glad we have a different coach with more of a winning mentality!

Comment

Working...
                                X