Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
    Oh yea i missed that, but their opponents have been really weak too. I mean i watched them play and they play low level football (not organized or planned football). They have some quality players so i think their manager is pretty shit. Like where the hell is Equatorial Guinea or Burkina faso or cape verde! How did they end up getting these easy opponent is a big question for me.

Egypt on other hand had some tough opponents like morocco , Ivory coast , cameroon (host) , nigeria .... pretty much all the african power house teams that have been doing well internationally.

My money is on egypt winning the cup even thought they might be tired and that could end up stinging them real bad.
    I agree with you that Egypt is likely to win the Cup!

Comment

i watched almost entire egypt game. Egypt was lucky to get to penalties as cameroon offense was not wholly effective. However, Egypts offense was absolutely abysmal. their players had no chance of getting past cameroons defenders in a footrace and only after CQ got ejected did they try long crosses into the box.

Comment

^^^ you watched the whole game yet didn't see the 1 on 1 chance Mo salah messed up. Yet they call salah the best player in the world lol

Comment

So happy for them

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
            So judging by our emphasis that this your weakened squad throw-out the Arab and now the Africa Cup, one can expect you guys to absolutely dismantle Germany, Brazil, Argentina in the WC if you have all players available right?
            Haha I wish, but I definitely think we would have finished Cameroon off within the 90 with everyone available. We played a CAM at RB for all of extra time. Down to bare bones. It’s moreso to flex on Cameroon than anything.😂

Comment

I am glad Egypt won, never cared for them but with CQ there I for one am rooting for them as well. We can’t forget that Cameroon was playing at home in front of a packed stadium. Egypt did well to neutralise them. Down to CQ & his tactics. Good luck to them in the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by roozan View Post
                i watched almost entire egypt game. Egypt was lucky to get to penalties as cameroon offense was not wholly effective. However, Egypts offense was absolutely abysmal. their players had no chance of getting past cameroons defenders in a footrace and only after CQ got ejected did they try long crosses into the box.

3 100% goal missed by egypt
                one in 117th minute
                cameroon was good too
                egypt goalie was amazing
                AND LOLAT PERSIAN Announcer
                GOING OUT OF HIS WAY
                Constantly Pronouncing
                cameroon player name as
                NOOOOKHOODI

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                  For me, the temper is a manifestation of his passion for his team, players, and the nation he's coaching. He has never struck me as a guy who's angry for the sake of being angry (he's as cool as a cucumber in training sessions, press conferences, etc). His passion during his TM era was what motivated our players (players spoke of it in interviews after the world cup). The refs are big boys who can handle it, and have made him pay the price for it. He will not be on the sidelines for the AFCON final, the biggest title match of his career in the past 10 years.
                  That is fair, he is very passionate and I love that about him. A fiery guy

But insinuating referees are cheating or just biased against you is poor taste imo. Maybe because I am a ref myself and I have dealt with my fair share of it. Alas no one is perfect, he is still goated

Comment

where were the referees from? definitely couldve been biased. they were also african

Comment

where were the referees from? definitely couldve been biased. they were also african
                      Well he was most upset recently with Faghani. In a post match interview he requested fifa investigate him and his actions.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                        Well he was most upset recently with Faghani. In a post match interview he requested fifa investigate him and his actions.

He was also upset with Ben Williams even before our match with Iraq. He called him out in the press. That kind of fcked us. Personal grudges will come back to bite you in these situations. I don't know why he thinks it wise. Maybe to rile up the fans and gain support?

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                          He was also upset with Ben Williams even before our match with Iraq. He called him out in the press. That kind of fcked us. Personal grudges will come back to bite you in these situations. I don't know why he thinks it wise. Maybe to rile up the fans and gain support?
                          Oh man...digging up bad memories. I think it's way of deflecting blame. It's not me it was the ref see he had it out for us and I called him on it. He enjoys public feuds (justified or not)...

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                            Oh man...digging up bad memories. I think it's way of deflecting blame. It's not me it was the ref see he had it out for us and I called him on it. He enjoys public feuds (justified or not)...

Yeah, the ref was not good and definitely played bias in that game I think. He takes thinks personally. And CQ threw fuel on the fire and made it worse when we had him again for that match

Comment

Gambia. He's a world class ref

Comment

Honestly, I thought it was one of the best referring performances of the tournament. I appreciate that's not a high accolade as the refs in these tournament have been beyond amateurish but this ref got very little wrong.

CQ doesn't help himself calling him out before the match and then behaving on the touchline like he does, giving the ref a reason to make an example of him. When I saw him criticise the selection of this ref before the game, I had flashbacks of Ben Williams and you just knew something was going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X