Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australia scores! 2-1!

Comment

penalty for oman. converted. 2-2

Comment

The other group is pretty exciting. The top 3 are very close in points and even Oman has an outside chance of making the playoffs.

In our group, the competition for the playoff spot is pretty close with all 3 UAE, Lebanon, and Iraq still in contention. Only Syria is definitely out. Not sure if I have a favorite amongst the 3, or even care. But if Aussie come 3rd in the other group, I want them to play the strongest side possible from our group. I'd venture a guess that Iraq is the team that will give the Aussies the hardest time. Its a single game rather than home and away, so anything can happen.
        Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

I don't get it. It looks like Oman is playing for a draw. They will get eliminated with a draw. Not sure why they are not going all out to score.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
            I don't get it. It looks like Oman is playing for a draw. They will get eliminated with a draw. Not sure why they are not going all out to score.
            gotta help their saudi brothers. check out their open goal misses in both of their games vs saudi lol

Comment

The other group is pretty exciting. The top 3 are very close in points and even Oman has an outside chance of making the playoffs.

In our group, the competition for the playoff spot is pretty close with all 3 UAE, Lebanon, and Iraq still in contention. Only Syria is definitely out. Not sure if I have a favorite amongst the 3, or even care. But if Aussie come 3rd in the other group, I want them to play the strongest side possible from our group. I'd venture a guess that Iraq is the team that will give the Aussies the hardest time. Its a single game rather than home and away, so anything can happen.
              it is pretty much over now. oman is eliminated. and unless australia beats both japan and saudi arabia AND hope japan lose to vietnam they are third. so the other group is 99.99% confirmed standings now too.

Comment

Done. 2-2. Oman out of playoff contention now. Its between Japan, KSA, and Aussies now.

Comment

Done. 2-2. Oman out of playoff contention now. Its between Japan, KSA, and Aussies now.
                  Branko played for draw at end, they had a throw-in and he was telling his players to calm down, play it slow. wonder how much saudis paid him lmao

Comment

So asutralia is going for south american teams. I dono why we thought australia was a strong side. They are shite

Comment

We should be lucky we are not in the other group.

Comment

Originally posted by shahin2000 View Post
                        No, the other group teams were lucky they were not in our group!

Comment

Oman takes 3 points off japan and 2 points off australia.

meanwhile against Saudi...check out this miss at 2:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEIt...el=AFCAsianCup

another miss in the second game at 6:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9zu...rtsGolazo-Asia

Comment

Originally posted by shahin2000 View Post
                            Shahin Jan, people say this about Iran’s qualification group every cycle, yet iran does better than all of them in the actual World Cup (even Japan who made it to round of 16 in 2018 also had 4 group stage points).

These teams are lucky they didn’t play us.

Comment

Wow. The international football calendar on the last week of March is gonna be super exciting. AFC group B decided, 3x European qualifiers decided (inc very possible Portugal v Italy final), 2 South American qualifiers decided, all 5 African qualifiers decided... And possibly a bit of drama in CONCACAF too depending on tomorrow's results.

Tomorrow I'm rooting for Panama, Costa Rica, Canada and Honduras. Will be happy enough if Canada and Panama win.

Comment

God truly loves Saudi. They play well but they have also had an incredible amount of luck this whole campaign.

Also China is embarrassing. All that money in their league, all those sponsors, and this is the best they can do? AFC and FIFA have always wanted China in major tournaments but they’re so bad. I’ll never forget how AFC rigged the draw for 2002 qualifiers where Iran, Iraq and Saudi ended up in one group, yet China was grouped with Uzbekistan and uae.

Comment

Working...
                                X