Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I obviously respect CQ a lot

But he has a temper that is not healthy. It isn't very professional either. Just a criticism I have of him. How he treats referees and people like Faghani left a bad taste in my mouth that is hard to forget

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post

But he has a temper that is not healthy. It isn't very professional either. Just a criticism I have of him. How he treats referees and people like Faghani left a bad taste in my mouth that is hard to forget
      He also subbed a player in for 12 minutes then took him off in extra time. Curious move to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        He also subbed a player in for 12 minutes then took him off in extra time. Curious move to say the least.

Possibly in anticipation of PKs. Either way, his strategy paid off against a strong home team.

Comment

Congrats to Egypt and CQ. I am happy for Carlos. It is very clear that he has instilled the landmark defensive mentality he has in the Egyptian national team in the short period of time he has had with them. They played with a plan and they were very organized. Of course, a lot of credit should go to the players for being coachable professionals. I think Senegal will have a tough time scoring against them. If it goes to penalties again, I say Egypt will win considering two never racking victorious experiences they already had in this tournament. I don't think Carlos not being on the bench is a big factor in the final. Some may even say that having less of the drama on the sidelines could be even better for Egyptian players.

Go CQ!

Comment

Egyptian twitter after today's win

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
              For me, the temper is a manifestation of his passion for his team, players, and the nation he's coaching. He has never struck me as a guy who's angry for the sake of being angry (he's as cool as a cucumber in training sessions, press conferences, etc). His passion during his TM era was what motivated our players (players spoke of it in interviews after the world cup). The refs are big boys who can handle it, and have made him pay the price for it. He will not be on the sidelines for the AFCON final, the biggest title match of his career in the past 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                Anybody else see CQ’s tongue-in-cheek prayer on his knees at the 12th min when the ref booked a foul against Egypt? The ref gave him a stern warning on the sideline. I could read CQs lips as he replied to the ref “I’m praying to the gods”
                Couldn't find the clip, but here's the shot lol

Comment

Kudos to king CQ for creating such organized team. They have the best defense and stamina in africa Its very hard to score against them . It was their 2nd game that went to 120 minutes and the whole team were running like a horse.

They've only conceded 2 goals so far..... Thats very impressive. I dono if any other team has done it before, but reaching final with conceding only 2 goals is outstanding. What makes it more impressive is the fact that one of the goals was from a penalty .

I wanted to have them in our group for WC but i have changed my mind. It will be lot easier to score against teams like italy and portugal than egypt with this level of deffending.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                    Kudos to king CQ for creating such organized team. They have the best defense and stamina in africa Its very hard to score against them . It was their 2nd game that went to 120 minutes and the whole team were running like a horse.

They've only conceded 2 goals so far..... Thats very impressive. I dono if any other team has done it before, but reaching final with conceding only 2 goals is outstanding. What makes it more impressive is the fact that one of the goals was from a penalty .

I wanted to have them in our group for WC but i have changed my mind. It will be lot easier to score against teams like italy and portugal than egypt with this level of deffending.
                    On the flip side they have trouble scoring now. If you just need a point to advance this is the team to play against.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I don't think they have problem scoring they just need to switch from defending mode to attacking mode. A good example is against morocco, they were goal down then switched to attacking mode in 2nd half and scored the goals they needed.

However once they are in deffending mode they realy have hard time scoring but they deffend well. Also we need a win against 3rd and 4th team in the group draw won't probably send us to next stage (unless we are lucky and other teams mess up).

I prefer staying away from egypt, for 2 main reasons:
                      A.) They defend well
                      B.) Our players will end up getting frustrated, making a stupid mistake and concede on counter attack. Something similar to what happened in japan game and lebanon game!

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post

Senegal also conceded only 2 goals going into to the finals against Egypt.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                          Senegal also conceded only 2 goals going into to the finals against Egypt.
                          Oh yea i missed that, but their opponents have been really weak too. I mean i watched them play and they play low level football (not organized or planned football). They have some quality players so i think their manager is pretty shit. Like where the hell is Equatorial Guinea or Burkina faso or cape verde! How did they end up getting these easy opponent is a big question for me.

Egypt on other hand had some tough opponents like morocco , Ivory coast , cameroon (host) , nigeria .... pretty much all the african power house teams that have been doing well internationally.

My money is on egypt winning the cup even thought they might be tired and that could end up stinging them real bad.

Comment

KING CARLOS Q
                            taked egypt to the final
                            BOW DOWN TO KING CARLOS the great.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                              On the flip side they have trouble scoring now. If you just need a point to advance this is the team to play against.
                              considering even top sides in afcon are not scoring more than 1G/game on avg I dont think that is super relevant. Its a very bizarre, tough competition and tactics CQ have selected, with huge injury issues hitting his team throughout this tournament, have yielded extremely impressive results.

Comment

what if
                                our players disntgo complain
                                to te ref against japan and we never
                                conceEded Tht goal.
                                i truely believe that match would
                                of been to pks
                                that was king cq plan against
                                strong teams and i wont say we would
                                of beat jpan in pks becae iran is england of
                                europe when it comes to pks but never know.

ONLY MISTAKE KING CQ MADE
                                was he di not invited seyd jalal
                                nly because of his feud with bronko
                                and that mistake cost us
                                as his replacement kananizadegan
                                made that bobo...combo of seyed
                                and pag was curtain steel.THATS ONLY
                                MISTAKE KING MADE IN HIS 8 YEARS
                                AS TM COACH

Comment

Working...
                                X