X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Essi View Post
    What does it mean "Lekker"?
    It's used as slang for nice. Literally it means khoshmaze.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      exactly. And if you look closely at his numbers for Az in that one standout season (before that really he was nothing special) there were very few impressive performances vs the top teams in the division. Think he scored 1 pk against ajax, he did actually play well that game if I recall correctly but AZ striker (not weghorst, the backup) was horrible and ruined a couple great balls. But that was his only goal vs Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord (or assist) which really makes you consider how much he was stat padding vs the other teams (some of which are basically semi pro in eridivisie).
      And unlike say Azmoun who has backed up domestic numbers (Where he regularly delivers in the real crunch games vs spartak, lokomotiv, krasnodar) with solid CL performances multiple years for different teams, ARJ due to a combination of factors never performed well in continental games either, except one decent performance vs Augsburg or something in his first season with AZ.
      To me that was a huge red flag, if you factor in his regular no-shows for TM, another case where our bigger more intense matchups are quite fast paced with little space afforded to anybody. Had a nice pre assist vs SK at home but thats basically it for competitive matches...
      He simply needs way too much time and space to show his technical quality, pick a pass, unload a shot, etc. and its found out at higher levels.
      Exactly! Another thing I noticed when watching his highlights is that several of his goals were due to poor goalkeeping and those shots would have been saved by any other decent goalkeeper in a stronger league.

Comment

Jahanbakhsh also scored against Ajax with NEC, a beautiful and important goal it was. Alireza is a player who can do great things when his confidence is high, he's an emotional guy who plays well when he is happy and bad when he is unhappy.

Comment

Honestly guy it appears that we are just nitpicking at this point. Are we all disappointed at his stint in England? Yes, But this is where we are now. Let’s just sit back, enjoy the ride and hope for a successful season.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ocean View Post
            Religion = Politics, I am sorry for you if you have not understood that yet PrinceAli

And no, it does have an effect on me when one of our most famous football players opts out to show his support for a cartoon character out of a silly ancient book when instead he should be showing support for his covid struck & suffering fellow countrymen.
            I remember Ali Karimi, Mahdavikia and the likes wore wristbands in 2009 too, you remember that too? I think those weren’t black.
            He's free to believe in whatever he wants, he personally has always been on the side of Iranians, and its not our job to police his beliefs. There's a difference between someones beliefs being detrimental to our society/people and someone just believing what he wants and supporting our society anyway. We have religious players in Iran who back our people at every junction(ARJ, Taremi etc) and others who are detrimental to our people who I won't discuss right now to end this discussion.

Let's support our players as that's the whole point anyway.

Comment

Feyenoord vs Go Ahead Eagles match this coming Sunday August 22,2021 will be on ESPN+ in the US (subscription required). Coverage starts at 8:15 AM EST (NY, Toronto). https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/...1-0c55cc06e6b2

Go ARJ!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OSWK_o2Yss

THIS IS SICK!
                from the game now the otherday in europ conference leage qualification.
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

^Yeah, their fan base is insane. The fireworks/smoke from this left a fog on the pitch for the first 10 minutes of the match. They also love ARJ. They amount of applause and love he got when he helped the camera person was great. You can't tell me this doesn't boost someone's confidence. I'll take this over Brighton any day.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      ^Yeah, their fan base is insane. The fireworks/smoke from this left a fog on the pitch for the first 10 minutes of the match. They also love ARJ. They amount of applause and love he got when he helped the camera person was great. You can't tell me this doesn't boost someone's confidence. I'll take this over Brighton any day.
                      yea man totally agree to this..!!
                      when i logged on i was like fook me thats some seriously froggy playing conditions, its hard to see anything .....then about 10-15 after it cleared out i was like aaah....that musta been the pre-game fireworks then...!!

there is no substitute for a Mad Fan Culture..!! it makes everything about the club and their matches Better..!!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                        Feyenoord vs Go Ahead Eagles match this coming Sunday August 22,2021 will be on ESPN+ in the US (subscription required). Coverage starts at 8:15 AM EST (NY, Toronto). https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/...1-0c55cc06e6b2

Go ARJ!
                        Slot was playing with fire IMO for playing Ali beyond half time yesterday, I hope he’s a bit more cautious on Sunday. Having an in form ARJ for these next 2 crucial WCQ games will be huge.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

found this vid aswell. from another closer angle
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reHS3HO9aF4
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9hdEKMxf-A
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

*** edited***

WARNED!
                            AND 2 WEEKS ban for going offtopic!
                            Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 08-20-2021, 05:04 PM.

Comment

***edited***

Stop spamming!
                              WARNED
                              Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 08-20-2021, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Persian Panther View Post
                                Good point mate , but we will need to get rid of this cancer caller Islam from all fronts.
                                They simply don’t understand respect so why should we respect them?

I know this is a football forum but enough is enough.
                                How is this crap acceptable on PFDC?

Comment

Working...
                                X