Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why shouldn't he stay at Porto? Great team, they love him and a nice city to live in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
      Why shouldn't he stay at Porto? Great team, they love him and a nice city to live in.
      He is the most reliable player (with Azmoun) we have for the top level. He opened the door for many iranian players in portugal. it would be nice that he opens the door for iranian players in top4 league/top clubs too. He would also get more coverage and recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        Its a huge experience for him playing in such a difficult game where he chased shadows for most of it, team was suffering a lot, and he was up against best CB in world football in VVD. Still he kept his composure and threatened when he could, and execution on header was top notch, he had to stoop his head to get there and did so with some power.

These are the sort of experiences we need more of our players to have so that from mental perspective they can deliver in high pressure situations vs world best.

Taremi lacked that in Russia, that was a trigger for him to go to europe and now his game had advanced so much as a result. He is a better player in every metric, but especially mental, he realizes the importance of the chances more.

We need to have others besides Taremi, Azmoun to experience the pressure of these big games on consistent basis.
        Taremi experienced the big games and delivered almost everytime
        Azmoun experienced the big games, but while he did good things there, he also disappointed in some of them (WC18, lack of run, hustle, assists, goals in CL)

The others are Jahanbakhsh (didn't tear it upin these big games), Ghoddos.

The rest only experienced big game of intermediate leagues (Ukraine, greece, Turkey, Belgium..) or Europa league. With more luck, we could have Ansarifard, Rezaei, Moharami experiencing big UCL games

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          The rest only experienced big game of intermediate leagues (Ukraine, greece, Turkey, Belgium..) or Europa league. With more luck, we could have Ansarifard, Rezaei, Moharami experiencing big UCL games
          Maybe ACL for Ansarifard and Rezaei…

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            Well we can keep thinking what if or be thankful that unlike many others he made it this far. If you want to go to the root cause of him being 2-3 late it has to do with sarbazi (Which he actually accredits to having helped his footballing career from mental perspective, even if 2 years was probably excessive) and that totally useless 18 months in al gharafa.
            His physical shape is outstanding so I dont have much doubt he can play at high level for another 3-4 years. Plus he keeps improving, that is whats important.
            https://www.record.pt/opiniao/cronis...-mestre-taremi
            Anyways, can one of our resident hackers get this out from behind Record's paywall...
            "The lessons of master Taremi..."
            It wasn't only Sarbazi.
            His attitude changed completely. He was just one of many Iranian players who lack professionalism. Remember Rizespor fiasco. Then wasted couple of years at Persepolis and Al Garafa. So at least 2 good years, if not more was wasted because he didn't know what he was doing and had all kind of fcuk up people around him.
            But, he decided to take his career to the next level. Trained hard, worked on his weakness, stamina, left foot specially and actually improved them all. And that is why all credit goes to him and that is why people are surprised because no one questioned his talent, the moment he kicked the ball at Persepolis, we all knew he is a keeper but his determination and work ethic was the matter and he changed big time.
            I just wish it have happened few years earlier.
            Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
              It wasn't only Sarbazi.
              His attitude changed completely. He was just one of many Iranian players who lack professionalism. Remember Rizespor fiasco. Then wasted couple of years at Persepolis and Al Garafa. So at least 2 good years, if not more was wasted because he didn't know what he was doing and had all kind of fcuk up people around him.
              But, he decided to take his career to the next level. Trained hard, worked on his weakness, stamina, left foot specially and actually improved them all. And that is why all credit goes to him and that is why people are surprised because no one questioned his talent, the moment he kicked the ball at Persepolis, we all knew he is a keeper but his determination and work ethic was the matter and he changed big time.
              I just wish it have happened few years earlier.
              Agreed. But I think the reason you see taremi so hyper focused and so crazy consistent now, against all opposition, is that he knows this too and is making up for lost time so to speak.

It’s very impressive to watch somebody be so in the zone for such an extended period of time. Since he came to portugal I can’t remember anything more than a 2-3 week period that he was not in top form.

The man is on a mission

Comment

lets not forget the huge role CQ played in convincing him to leave his comfort zone in asia in order to challenge himself to highest levels of football in Portugal/EU..!!
                tbh, i recognized his special footballing quality early on in limited viewing at PP/TM, but at the same time i also was highly skeptical of his mindset and professionalism back in those days..!! the Turkey drama confirmed my earlier doubts of him ...! i was most surprised that he heeded to CQ's/others? advice leaving the big money, easy ride ayrab league for the immense EU challenges with meager salaries to boot..!!
                anyways coulda shoulda woulda .... he is imo in a near perfect club currently and I hope he stays put for as long as possible ..! Porto is rich is UCL history, yet not so big to be loading up every off season on assloads of fresh top talent, hence putting his Starring/starting status within the team in grave danger..!! and nowadays it seems exceptional Young attacking talents in EU becoming more and more Rare and super expensive to land as a result, hence forcing many notable top clubs of Europe to milk out their more aging good attackers well past their early 30s..!
                if he works on his personal fitness as he is now, we can well count on him to remain relative in top level EU competition still for 3-4 more years ..!!
                Last edited by BacheLot; 09-29-2021, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                  Atleti’s penalty against Milan is absolutely atrocious. That is twice now that VAR sucks them off. First in not calling Taremi’s PK now for that shameful handball call where it literally hits the athletico players hand first.

Unfortunately what this does is put the onus on Porto to get at least 4 points off Milan and hopefully a home win against Atletico in order to advance.
                  yea man, just saw that game's highlights ..!!
                  its absolutely shameful the extents UEFA official's are going to ensure Athletico survive this tough group...!! i guess with Madrid and FCB struggling mightily due to their own greedy over expenditure and changings of managers and key players like underwear, they want to ensure at least 1-2 Spanish team survives the group stages to give their tournament KO rounds legitimacy and marketing teeth..?

more shocking decision than that utter bs PK award is the red card incident middle of 1st half , forcing Milan to play a man short for majority of the game ...!! such bs...!!

Comment

Where the hell is honorary Iranian Agustin Marchesin? Diogo Costa was horrendous. Marchesin needs to be back in the wood work.

Comment

He is probably our most completed forward ever. Sardar is better scorer but he is more complete player.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        He is probably our most completed forward ever. Sardar is better scorer but he is more complete player.
                        Just asking, would you like him or azmoun to join this barca (that lose almost every game)?

Comment

Just asking, would you like him or azmoun join this barca (that lose almost every game)?
                          Lol
                          I was about to post this,
                          Meanwhile even Benfica destroyed Barca lol

Comment

Just asking, would you like him or azmoun join this barca (that lose almost every game)?
                            Not under the current manager at Barca. I'd rather they join PSG instead.

Comment

Just asking, would you like him or azmoun to join this barca (that lose almost every game)?
                              TBH I would love Taremi to join RM, playing up top with Benzama.........a guy can dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                                Not under the current manager at Barca. I'd rather they join PSG instead.
                                I feel Xavi will replace koeman, and after all his experience with iran (ACL or Qatar league), may push for one of our current striker!

Comment

Working...
                                X