No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wissa scores now. Complete massacre of Chelsea by Brentford!

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
      I respect you immensely man but I just feel the core of disagreements I (and some others) have with you about football is because your expectation and appreciation of context...

... whether for TM in the context of politics, Queiroz situation, Brentford

This is Brentford - I mean what was your expectation or hope for them in their first Premier League season? For me, still playing the same brand of football as championship whilst keeping a respectable buffer from the relegation spots is pretty damn impressive. Teams like Norwich dominate in the championship but when they bring their football in the prem they get humiliated in results...

I honestly think you are overly Utopian in how you assess things and so almost any football issue you will be arguing from a standpoint which just isn't in the real world...
      I don't think it's utopian. I don't expect Brentford to win anything. But when they get promoted they need to use the financial windfall and make some serious acquisitions. They got lucky cause if Eriksen wasn't cleared to play and looking to sign what improvement did they make?

Secondly if you play championship level football in premier league then you can expect to be back in championship very soon. I'm not utopian, I am demanding. I think that's some of the philosophical differences...some are complacent and some are demanding. I demanded more of CQ in 8 years...didnt see enough at Asian level from him as an example...others were complacent and content as long as we didnt get embarresed in matches. Of course this is football...no two pundits agree completely.

I'm immediately thinking how does Brentford capitalize and move forward from this win. Others might be thinking yes Brentford moves away from relegation. Different philosophies...

My approach to many aspects of life and sports included is nothing ventured nothing gained and you miss 100% of shots you don't take...hockey fans will know who the second part is credited too.
      Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I think you are unrealistic bro, that's the core problem and why we are unlikely to agree on a number of things in football. I thought what Queiroz did based on what he inherited was nothing short of astounding, still giving dividends to this day.

Brentford play possession-based and attacking football, the fact that Frank hasn't compromised on his ethos and is in this position is impressive, given Norwich also had a counter-attacking style (with less possession) with Daniel Farke but he just couldn't get results with this on the move up to premier league and hence the "yoyo years". Frank being able to consolidate in the premier league without compromising his style is flipping impressive to me. Sure he needs to build on this, but your arguments against him just don't seem that relevant or important to me. Same as against Queiroz.

Being pragmatic and knowing what the situation is, and adjusting expectations is healthy.

Comment

I really feel for Ghoddos. This has turned into another ARJ situation at Brighton. Hope he gets out soon for the sake of his psyche and skills.

Comment

I think you are unrealistic bro, that's the core problem and why we are unlikely to agree on a number of things in football. I thought what Queiroz did based on what he inherited was nothing short of astounding, still giving dividends to this day.

Brentford play possession-based and attacking football, the fact that Frank hasn't compromised on his ethos and is in this position is impressive, given Norwich also had a counter-attacking style (with less possession) with Daniel Farke but he just couldn't get results with this on the move up to premier league and hence the "yoyo years". Frank being able to consolidate in the premier league without compromising his style is flipping impressive to me. Sure he needs to build on this, but your arguments against him just don't seem that relevant or important to me. Same as against Queiroz.

Being pragmatic and knowing what the situation is, and adjusting expectations is healthy.
            Call it what you want. You call it pragmatic I call it pessimistic/conservative. I believe in maximizing potential and then giving an extra mile. Frank's game plan worked today...but it's largely been very poor. Just scroll up and look at what folks are saying. He sticks with his players even when they warrant a benching due to poor play.

Take Feynoord for example. I don't mind Slot not playing ARJ. He gave ARJ chances and he hasn't been impressive. He motivates ARJ to work for his position and keeps hope alive.

Tell me...what has Ghoddos done to not deserve any time? Was he not instrumental in helping them move up to premiere league last year? Look at how much guys like Jensen get to play despite poor performances.

Also CQ is not a bad coach. I just don't know what he can offer us? Unless you are content with 1-0 losses then why would you want the same for longer. He hasn't changed his game plan...even when he had talents like James, Ronaldo, Salah...so why would we want to take a known game plan to this WC. Teams would expose us badly since it's no secret how he wants his team's to play. It's not like our defense can handle the sustained pressures well...and I don't believe CQ has enough time to create 2018 over. Time to move on. Let's take some shots and i would take a 3-2 win over 1-0 or a draw any day!

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              He wouldn't have the luxury of a player like Eriksen who will leave this club in summer. With his average lineup they struggled mightily. He is also reluctant to make changes when game isn't going his way. Often waiting late. This is a great result but look at the games before. Not too many games Brentford was the clearly better club.

Malkay already adressed this.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                Well, what in particular didn't appease you to the point where you would think he would struggle in Iran regardless of my kerm rikhtan? Did you see the match today?
                Man ham bayad kerm berizam.

Comment

Some excellent couple of posts on here by you, DR. I'm just soaking this result in... Amazing times to be a Brentford fan, even if people who have a bias because one of our players at the club isn't getting game time and are too stubborn to admit they're position in the last few month has been way wrong and are just digging themselves a deeper hole with nonsense reasoning.

Look at the underlying stats, O-zone. They may not have had the lions share of possession in almost all of the 31 games they've played this season but it's been the reverse on big chances. For god's sake, they're 6th on expected points table. It may not be pretty to watch for 90 minutes, they may not be playing Ghoddos, but it's what you do with the ball and off the ball, not how long you have it for.

I don't mean to pick on just you... There's a young guy on here who's been embarrassing himself on the Brentford forums and their fans see right through him, going under the name "Brentford Mill" or something. I know who he is and I hope this further step towards safety shuts him up coz he's making Iranian football fans look simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                    Some excellent couple of posts on here by you, DR. I'm just soaking this result in... Amazing times to be a Brentford fan, even if people who have a bias because one of our players at the club isn't getting game time and are too stubborn to admit they're position in the last few month has been way wrong and are just digging themselves a deeper hole with nonsense reasoning.

Look at the underlying stats, O-zone. They may not have had the lions share of possession in almost all of the 31 games they've played this season but it's been the reverse on big chances. For god's sake, they're 6th on expected points table. It may not be pretty to watch for 90 minutes, they may not be playing Ghoddos, but it's what you do with the ball and off the ball, not how long you have it for.

I don't mean to pick on just you... There's a young guy on here who's been embarrassing himself on the Brentford forums and their fans see right through him, going under the name "Brentford Mill" or something. I know who he is and I hope this further step towards safety shuts him up coz he's making Iranian football fans look simple.
                    Look...I'll be the first to say I'm not a Brentford or even EPL fan. I dont follow the team closely...my vested interest is in Ghoddos. I wasn't happy when he moved to EPL. Brentford got a great win today...does that change my views...not likely. I do believe Ghoddos has been hard done by his situation in Brentford. Still don't understand his benching.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Chelsea take a spanking on Match of the Day later.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                        I really feel for Ghoddos. This has turned into another ARJ situation at Brighton. Hope he gets out soon for the sake of his psyche and skills.
                        it was blatantly obvious this winter break (especially after capture of Erickson) that he was likely going to be riding the bench for the rest of this season..!! i believe, he knew it too but still decided to stay put..!
                        not really sure why...? it was clear that Frank didnt rate him all season and by enlarge only afforded him limited minutes off the bench as a hail mary last ditch effort to get something outa of losing games..!!
                        he is now way down in the starter depth chart and likely to remain nailed to bench until brentford are assured of relegation safety, so pretty much almost end of season..! not sure if he can make a loan move until summer ? if so he should seek a loan move asap .... almost anywhere in Europe will do , where they can guarantee him consistent playing minutes ..!

imo, he deserves equal if not more minutes than Frank offers useless Jensen .... but Frank clearly thinks the opposite ..! its likely that Brentford will strengthen their MF even more in summer, so can't imagine a better situation for him there even for next season..!?

TM is very thin in CM depth chart currently, so he is somewhat safe remaining in WC picture but it will be a huge gamble on that issue if he decides stay put past this season..! especially if TM hire a more serious coach by then..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                          it was blatantly obvious this winter break (especially after capture of Erickson) that he was likely going to be riding the bench for the rest of this season..!! i believe, he knew it too but still decided to stay put..!
                          not really sure why...? it was clear that Frank didnt rate him all season and by enlarge only afforded him limited minutes off the bench as a hail mary last ditch effort to get something outa of losing games..!!
                          he is now way down in the starter depth chart and likely to remain nailed to bench until brentford are assured of relegation safety, so pretty much almost end of season..! not sure if he can make a loan move until summer ? if so he should seek a loan move asap .... almost anywhere in Europe will do , where they can guarantee him consistent playing minutes ..!

imo, he deserves equal if not more minutes than Frank offers useless Jensen .... but Frank clearly thinks the opposite ..! its likely that Brentford will strengthen their MF even more in summer, so can't imagine a better situation for him there even for next season..!?

TM is very thin in CM depth chart currently, so he is somewhat safe remaining in WC picture but it will be a huge gamble on that issue if he decides stay put past this season..! especially if TM hire a more serious coach by then..!!
                          Going to the EPL for Iranian players is a mistake! They English suck, anyway. When was the last time they won anything? Going to their leagues is a huge mistake.

Comment

He should really get out of there. Portugal or Holland would be perfect imo.

Comment

Hertha berlin with felix magath is perfect for him. If (they stay in the league)

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                                Hmm he must have stayed bcuz of the great food, fantastic weather and all the beutiful woomen.. oh wait
                                oh yeah, maybe it was the great fans then ?¨

get oout, saman, get ooooooout!
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X