Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brentford not looking bad

Comment

Brentford looking very lively at the end of the half. Constantly threatening the goal, with a free kick hitting the crossbar. Very good passes and maintaining possession. 0-0 at HT. Super sub Saman in second hopefully.

Comment

0-0 HT
        saw the last 15min and Brentford were all over CP .... Janlet and onyeka two of the best on the pitch along with mbueno
        mad pace and physicality to this affair so far .... so little chance of seeing saman subbed in unless they go down quickly after ht and look outa sink ? or an injury..? sadly looks like the latter may be his best chance for first team action in EPL..?? :/

Probably will get a few trash minutes the way things are shaping up ftb

Comment

^BRE with several knocks and even a concussion check in the first half. Very physical game. Won’t be surprised to see Saman in second half due to this, given his bulkier physique.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            ^BRE with several knocks and even a concussion check in the first half. Very physical game. Won’t be surprised to see Saman in second half due to this, given his bulkier physique.
            true, janlet was beaten all over his body ... suprised his body parts are still in place after that rough outing in FH..!! figured he'd be subbed after that nasty head clash late in FH..!!?

This league is no joke man, the pace of play and physicality is simply unmatched..!! very telling as to why a player like ARJ had little chance of having a big impact in .... regardless of everything else that went against him on n off the match

Comment

saman getting ready to come in
              for Noorgard ??

Comment

in for Onyeka .... dude ran his socks off and got beat up physically too
                69'
                brentford nearly concede before he enters.

Comment

how is he doing?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Horrible game. Most of the play is crystal getting the ball to Zaha and then Brentford fouling. Barely any football.

Comment

0-0 FT. Great work to take a point at an away match.

Comment

Game was scrappy while he was on but he managed to create a great chance for brentford

Comment

positive performance from Saman!

Game got quite scrappy when he came on but he totally held his own. One great through ball, first time, perfectly weighted to put toney in behind. Toney's cross/shot with his left was weak. Was effective in the press and covered his zones well, one nice tackle to prevent zaha from dribbling inside. He had some smart decisions to slow down pace of game and retain possession when brentford needed it.

Like I said, I think this is his role. He will not be left out in cold like ARJ. He is an important role player for them. When the team needs:

a.) more creativity in midfield

b.) when the team needs more ball retention in midfield

c.) when mbuemo need rotation/form dips I can see saman and wissa both helping out in that SS position

and of course there are the cup matches, general heavy schedule of PL that will all mean gets decent mins. Its up to him to take those mins and turn them into more starts.

This was a decent point for brentford, game probably coulda gone either way but away form home I think they will take the clean sheet and making it 4/6pts to start the szn

Comment

Ghoddos had one main contribution in the attack where he gave a through ball to the LW who tried to square it across the box but no one was there to tap it in.

Defensively, he did ok, he certainly will fare better physically than ARJ in this league but still a challenge against all these African/English/Nordic players. I'd say he did for the first EPL cameo

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              Horrible game. Most of the play is crystal getting the ball to Zaha and then Brentford fouling. Barely any football.
                              yea that silly sub of Mbueno really took the sail outa brentford attack and from there on i think frank had them pretty much set up to manage the Tie and wrap up 1 point which they did..!

Saman still didnt look lively and dynamic enough in mostly in CM area, and his defensive pressing was too half-assish for my liking too.... i expected more energy from him as a late sub when the game had already slowed down to a large degree..!! sent a cleaver through ball for Toney and his low cross into box wasnt met by anyone for easy finish ... id imagain if mbueno still in, he woulda been on the spot to bury it..? All in All dont think he made a decent enough case for starting next EPL match and will likely gets such a chance in cup tie coming up though..?
                              Overall it was a pretty sloppy and disorganized display in 2nd half by brentford as a team in 2nd half but they manage to snatch a vital point from today ... and keep themselves in a healthy position on the table..!! onwards and upwards..! 💪

Comment

This is all good. Season is young yet so far Brentford and Saman is much better than Brighton and ARJ. Saman had a near assist with a well placed through pass to Toney. Good performance by Saman in his EPL debut.

Go Saman!

Comment

Working...
                                X