Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    Reality is anybody who knows or played even a little bit of football knows you cannot start midfield three of amiri--Nour--Hajsafi...It wont get you to a world cup, and if by some miracle you make it there it will be a true embarassment.
    i love you bro, you have so many quality posts, but go tell this to CQ!
    look at the lineup vs nigeria. CQ had 3 central defenders and 3 central/defensive midfielders and 3 wing backs! that leaves u only dejagah and reza gucci left

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
      i love you bro, you have so many quality posts, but go tell this to CQ!
      look at the lineup vs nigeria. CQ had 3 central defenders and 3 central midfielders and 3 wing backs! that leaves u only dejagah and reza gucci left
      well I think he didnt have the players then, I am not saying to put a CF there. But your midfield needs balance and guys in their positions. Nour is not a CDM, its a fact. His positional awareness on defensive side isnt as strong as saeid and it takes away from his best quality which is going Box to Box. Hajsafi and amiri cannot dictate the flow of the game, they may physical zahmatkesh guys, but technically you cannot deny they are weak to play in CM zone.

Omid-Saeid-Amiri combo worked in WC bc ebrahimi is actually a very good distributor of the ball for iranian standards. Plus we were going to be without ball for long long stretches. IF we play iraq and UAE tomorrow we need to keep the ball, make sure we have players who can connect defense to offense, have a real supply line for Azmoun,Taremi that isnt bezan ziresh and hope.

Comment

Too early too make any conclusions based on one start.

I'm all for him starting for TM, as long as he starts instead of Ahmad, rather alongside. The downsides of having Ahmad playing the Defensive CM are more significant than the upside of having Saman playing the Attacking CM, you know what I mean?

He's also not a winger. Couldn't even play that tole in the championship. We have at least 4 better wingers than him

Comment

well I think he didnt have the players then, I am not saying to put a CF there. But your midfield needs balance and guys in their positions. Nour is not a CDM, its a fact. His positional awareness on defensive side isnt as strong as saeid and it takes away from his best quality which is going Box to Box. Hajsafi and amiri cannot dictate the flow of the game, they may physical zahmatkesh guys, but technically you cannot deny they are weak to play in CM zone.

Omid-Saeid-Amiri combo worked in WC bc ebrahimi is actually a very good distributor of the ball for iranian standards.
          i 100% agree with all you said. but the only thing you are missing here is how TM has played last many years. CQ teams had what something like 12 wcq straight games without conceding 1 single goal. even last 4 wcq games with skocic, iraq and bahrain had in total 1 shot on target or even 0.

Iran right now can play midfield with nour, hajsafi, amiri and saied and still win 1-0 although ugly. right now only thing that matters is to reach WC, not play pretty

Comment

vote for Saman!

Comment

Saman was really great today.

Every time brentford were under pressure in possesion and looking to go forward he was their primary outlet and was really able to get the ball moving and retain possesion very well in tight spaces where players like norgard or even janelt usually lose possesion.

He was quality on the ball and was quick to turn and put in a dangerous ball for either toney or mbuemo.

Defensively he showed a good amount of hustle as well and won back a decent number of balls and really put in a solid shift.

I just wish he was a little more selfish at times, he has such a good shot and its a waste of his talent if he isnt given at least a couple balls on the top of the box to hammer.

He didn't look slow or weak at all. He looked very comfortable and held his own today.

This is where I think saman will get most of his starts, against teams in the bottom half of the table that brentford want to play open and aggressive against

Brentfords game significantly deteriorated when he was subbed off and became much more scrappy, norgard and janelt are a lot more defensive minded and between those two and pinnock and jannson all you will get is bezan ziresh football.

With saman on the pitch you had nice combinations between him toney mbuemo and canos to build up play.
              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

I saw some Brentford fans on Twitter discussing that in the Palace game the front two really needed Saman behind them to support them and help supply them and that was apparent today. They argued that Onyeka likes to sit a little deeper and so the front two are cut off.

Comment

Brentford have a nice run of games for Saman to get more game time. That central three is going to change over the season, Jensen is now back from injury too (Saman is a better player but Frank likes and Trust Jensen too) and then you have Onyeka who has performed well and then Noorgard and Janelt - this is also with Dos Santos being out for the season too.

If Saman starts the next game then that one is more important than this one - start to cement his position. I really liked what the Brentford fans were arguing on twitter (not some of the idiots) that he gives Brentford a completely different dimension to all of the other midfielders.

Comment

I just realized that Frank Onyeka had covid and was not in squad today which helped for Ghoddos to find a spot in the starting 11. Way to grab your opportunity Saman!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                      I just realized that Frank Onyeka had covid and was not in squad today which helped for Ghoddos to find a spot in the starting 11. Way to grab your opportunity Saman!!!
                      This will be the story of the season for every team and so a lot of players will have more opportunities than normal.

Comment

vote for Saman!
                        done

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                          I saw some Brentford fans on Twitter discussing that in the Palace game the front two really needed Saman behind them to support them and help supply them and that was apparent today. They argued that Onyeka likes to sit a little deeper and so the front two are cut off.
                          Definately, the same for TM: Ghoddos is most valuable as an AM further upfield. Not just with the ball moving, but also for his freekicks and corners.

Comment

I think Saman performs his best when he is giving this freedom and also the responsibility, look at his play at Amiens and Ostersunds. He ran the show for both teams when he was there and scored some absolute beauties.

I would love to see a Saman Ghoddos beauty in the Premier League.

Comment

Frank’s comments on Saman at 2:15

Comment

Up for MOTM and toe to toe with Tony in the online poll

Comment

Working...
                                X