No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brentford look keen to bolster their ranks by end of transfer window.
    Christian Eriksen
    Keane Lewis-Potter
    Brennan Johnson

Those are the ones they have put ‘offers’ in for. Obviously Eriksen would be contract offer.

Comment

The two kids would be incredible signings, mad how the big clubs could allow that.

Comment

Yep, both are 20 year old, premium English talent that you'd expect a top 6 club to sign as 'one for the future'. If either (or both) could live up to their hype and Brentford can sign for less than £20m each, they'll have crazy resale value on them. Both are wingers but Lewis-Potter can also play RWB or LWB so would take over Canos as a starter. Not sure where Johnson fits in but hopefully it's a sign they'll be switching to a more attacking formation next season. Eriksen, if he is 50% the player he was before his heart attack, will add so much quality to that midfield it's unreal but I worry about his ability to play the pressing game Brentford do so well - I read the Brentford team ran 4.5km more than Man Utd in the first half of that game the other week. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
          LOL

Seriously though, Thompson has played 148 minutes of PL football this season. So now Saman is just behind Henry and Canos (being switched to LWB with Roerslev RWB... or a new RWB if they sign one) as 3rd choice LWB... maybe 4th behind Mbeumo also as he played there this time last year when they first switched to 3-5-2... but Mbeumo is 1st choice to partner Toney so that would only happen if Wissa started or came on to take that 2nd striker position off of him.

Saman is a better option in the midfield than Onyeka... i don't know how Frank doesn't see it
          Maybe Toney might not be as much of an issue soon....

https://twitter.com/ThatRexGuyy/stat...07695928909824

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
            Maybe Toney might not be as much of an issue soon....

https://twitter.com/ThatRexGuyy/stat...07695928909824

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
              lol, did he say FK brentford ...? lol ... taken outa context perhaps..? desperate to get laid by the blondie ??
              wouldnt blame him tbh, .. as i alluded to earlier, im certain he is even more flustered and annoyed than Sammy with the chickenshit, overly defensive system of play that Frank has forced them to play under..!!?

Frank would be a fool not switch out to a at least a slightly more gutsy Balance Attacking playing approach for the rest of the season..!! if brentford remains as predictable tactically as 1st half of the season, especially in face of recent repeated defeats, they will surely be heading further and further down the table and then the only way they will survive relegation is if there be at least 3 other more kiri teams than them..!!

Comment

That ivan toney vid is all over social media. It was also posted on imjustbait looooooooooool

He risked it all for that punani .

Comment

Mads Bidstrup got loaned out to FC Nordsjælland.

Comment

It's possibly out of context and stupid for players like him, who are always under a lot o scrutiny, to be recorded saying or doing anything showing them in a negative light, that can be shared on social media. Seriously, some of these footballers have more money than sense and lack the maturity and discretion to know they need to protect themselves from the likes of the guy filming him, and probably the girl he was trying to impress to sleep with there. It's a shitty culture.

I see he (read his publicist or agent) has already drafted a weak apology, which the club and a lot of the fan base will accept but there will of course be Brentford fans who will take this to heart and he'll lose their support. He won't lose sleep over this. However, the vast majority are aware that footballers are generally mercenaries that follow the money and none of the Brentford squad are or were ever Brentford fans. Brentford are one of the least likely clubs to have a player that is also a fan of their club, not only because they had a very small fanbase up until recently, but also because they don't have an academy. Their youngest players (B team) are in their late teens, and come from other club's academies or foreign leagues, but few get promoted to the first team (Mepham, Forss, Sorensen, Roerslev).

This issue won't see Toney sold in the next couple of days but it will make the next 4 months interesting for him and increase the already high likelihood that he'll move in the summer. Brentford are very much a selling club. It's their model. It's unusual for a high value Brentford assets to stay at the club for more than 2 seasons if there's interest from pretty much any other PL club, who will be able to at least double his salary.

This happened with the likes of Maupay, Benrahma, Watkins (I think he did 3 seasons but 1 as a striker and his value shot up) and it will happen with Toney.

Anyway... Let's move back to Saman. Hopefully he gets some game time in the FA Cup against Everton next week, though I suspect the travelling and not training with the squad in Dubai will hurt his chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                      Mads Bidstrup got loaned out to FC Nordsjælland.
                      That's a poor destination for him. He should have gone to a championship club. He needs to play every week.

Still, one less player who Saman has to compete with in the midfield... Could be because Dasilva is nearing fitness or could be a big sign Eriksen is about to be revealed.

Comment

Brentford mofos will get money from fifa because someone is in world cup! Atleast appreciate him and give him play time.

Comment

Malkay - as someone with more knowledge on the matter, what are your thoughts on the following.

Saman at the end of this season is going into the final year of his contract. Now, I think I am right in saying that due to his age they would (if it happens) offer him a one year extension and that is it. Is it more likely that they look to sell to try and make their money back or some profit? Does he end up at Midjtyland like Dalsgaard did?

Comment

I'll be very surprised if he's a Brentford player in the 22/23 season. I can't see them extending his contract and they will want to recoup some of the £5m they paid for him

I hope he doesn't go to Midjtylland. Dalsgaard went there because 1) he wanted to go back to Denmark for family reasons, 2) he was a free agent.

Midjtylland won't pay Brentford a transfer free for Saman, Brentford tend to poach Midjtylland players but it's rarely the other way round (the arrangement isn't as shady as the likes of Olympiakos / Forest or I suspect this Hull / Fortuna / Turkish league will unfold) and Saman, if he isn't wanted in one of the top leagues would probably wind down his contract and head back to Sweden rather than Denmark. I could see him ending up at Malmo, where he started his career, with Jansson

Comment

Comment

Christian Eriksen has passed his medical. Looks like a 6 month contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X