X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why was Omid Ebrahimi left out?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
      Bullshit list, there is no reason why he should have dropped Mohebi on merit when he was brought into the WCQs and took his chance over his predecessor. Looking at some of the names on that list I DEFINITELY stand on what I say: LOL @ Hajsafi inclusion, Ebrahimi being dropped, and Kamyabinia inclusion.
      Mohebi will need to go to Europe if he wants to get included. Our attack is very strong at the moment.

Comment

Now that North Korea is out of the qualifiers, how Will the Best second place teams be found? Their group has one less team, so Will our match against the last place team in every other group be taken out of account? Thats normally how they do it, but i cant find anything. This could potentialy be very bad for us, since we Will loose 6 points and alot of goals which we scored against Cambodia.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian H View Post
          Now that North Korea is out of the qualifiers, how Will the Best second place teams be found? Their group has one less team, so Will our match against the last place team in every other group be taken out of account? Thats normally how they do it, but i cant find anything. This could potentialy be very bad for us, since we Will loose 6 points and alot of goals which we scored against Cambodia.
          This is basically a forfeit. 3 points for all other teams in that group.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
            This is basically a forfeit. 3 points for all other teams in that group.
            But are you sure of that? If thats the case, then we can qualify simply by beating Bahrain Hong Kong and Cambodia. That Will give us 15 points and he Will be among the 5 Best second place teams. The last match against Iraq wont be important then.

Comment

But are you sure of that? If thats the case, then we can qualify simply by beating Bahrain Hong Kong and Cambodia. That Will give us 15 points and he Will be among the 5 Best second place teams. The last match against Iraq wont be important then.
              but its better to get a win against iraq for moral and also to help with seeding for the next round

Comment

Of course but the most important thing is to qualify. And he have to know about every possible scenario.
                Besides, i dont Think the Iraq match Will influencer our ranking that much. We Will be amongs the top 4 seeds no matter what

Comment

I thought there are only 4 second place teams that will advance. And at this point, I don’t understand your thought that it makes it easier for us. The forfeit basically gives Turkmenistan, South Korea and Lebanon a 3 point gift.
                  Edit:
                  I stand corrected as Lebanon has already played both games vs NK.

Comment

why is North Korea out of the qualifiers?
                    ما میمیریم میمیریم ایران رو پس میگیریم

Comment

North Korea have withdrawn. They cited coronavirus concerns but what they probably meant was 'we don't want to play in our dirty neighbour's back-garden'.

It's still not clear what impact it will have on the calculation of the runners-up table. AFC set a precedent in a past similar situation of ignoring the results of all runners-up teams against the team bottom in their group when determining the runners-up table but I read this decision has gone to FIFA this time. If they stick with the AFC approach, it would harm us if we were to finish 2nd as it gets rid of our 14-0 and whatever score we get in the 2nd game against Cambodia.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                        North Korea have withdrawn. They cited coronavirus concerns but what they probably meant was 'we don't want to play in our dirty neighbour's back-garden'.

It's still not clear what impact it will have on the calculation of the runners-up table. AFC set a precedent in a past similar situation of ignoring the results of all runners-up teams against the team bottom in their group when determining the runners-up table but I read this decision has gone to FIFA this time. If they stick with the AFC approach, it would harm us if we were to finish 2nd as it gets rid of our 14-0 and whatever score we get in the 2nd game against Cambodia.
                        AFC will wait for all games to be completed and then pick the strategy that most helps their masters in Saudi, Bahrain and UAE.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                          I thought there are only 4 second place teams that will advance. And at this point, I don’t understand your thought that it makes it easier for us. The forfeit basically gives Turkmenistan, South Korea and Lebanon a 3 point gift.
                          Edit:
                          I stand corrected as Lebanon has already played both games vs NK.
                          Yes the Rule is that the 4 Best second place teams advance. But since Qatar Will finish in the top 2 in their group, there Will be a spot available for the next round, which the fifth Best second place team Will get
                          And yea exactly, since north Korea already played Libanon twice, they wont get 3 free points. But lets see if that even is the case. I hope they Will, because taking our 6 points and hygge goal difference away, Can hurt us

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            AFC will wait for all games to be completed and then pick the strategy that most helps their masters in Saudi, Bahrain and UAE.
                            Which is exactly why we should not be having any conversations that entertain the idea of us finishing in 2nd place. We need to win all 4 games, period.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Finishing 1st has to be out top priority but beating
                              Hong Kong by more than 3 goals and getting 4 points against bahrain and iraq is a MUST.
                              yeah on paper bahrain and iraq are nothing
                              But play them in a above 42 degree weather
                              In their home is not easy.
                              Since 5 second place teams advance
                              10 points with a ok gd will do.

On paper with the players we have wining all four matches i wont be surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                We should just win every game and don't think about the games.
                                If our team can not beat this shit teams in a must win game, then we are better off not moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X