Clear All

Help me understand this.
    golbezanpodcast.com
    twitter.com/GolBezan
    instagram.com/GolBezan
    youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
      No surprises about age and selections due to overall lack of young talents.
      Is Skocic leaving the younger talent like Yasin Salmani, Fallah and Janmaleki for Mahdavikia's camp for now and will call them after these two matches? They are not invited to the U23 camp either but according to Varzesh3 Mahdavikia has a second list coming for FIFA days.
      Apparently Kanaani is invited because of a last second ruling by the IFF appeals committee (comiteh estinaaf). He is banned by the ethics committee for two TM matches and the IFF board of directors was critical about the verdict being too lenient before they removed Azizi Khadem. Acording to IFF web site appeals committee now says that the bans will be applied to two friendlies. The whole situation is bemusing and hypocritical. Also, Karim Bagheri was not at the derby yesterday because he has contracted COVID-19. Will he be able to go to Korea with the team tomorrow? Perhaps not. That's a big loss if Bagheri is not at the practice sessions and sideline in Korea.
      IFF has definitely gotten worse in the last few months. It wasn't good to begin with. No WC preparation plans with Estili at the helm of planning. No clear communication on kit sponsor with certain teams (e.g. U18 Women's TM) still wearing Uhlsport with no logo. No news on the IFF logo competition.
      13 players and the coaching/other staff will fly to Seoul tomorrow (Saturday 3/19) and 15 legionnaires will fly directly to Seoul from their countries. Hopefully IFF is getting them business class so that they could sleep and minimize the hops.
      I am just hoping that everyone will be there by Monday Seoul time and will be healthy (no COVID positives) and ready for the match on Thursday.
      Go TM!
      Bagheri not being there is huge. He functions as the team psychiatrist in a way. Players all respect him. Maybe he'll be back for the game in Mashhad. I wish hi a speedy recovery.
      And I agree, IFF has somehow gotten even sloppier. k**n goshadi to the max.

Comment

Game vs Senegal pree WC would be ideal!
        We will know after the draw April 1 if we play in the same group and if not, and if they qualify vs Egypt, im hoping for that friendly to take place.

Have a feeling though that Egypt will win after losing on penalties agains Senegal in Africa Cup.

I expect a friendly vs Qatar in June aswell judging from reports from these last months.
        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Domestic/Qatar/UAE based players seem to be in camp now getting quarantined.
          Legionnaires will be flying directly to Korea from their European locations.

Comment

Good luck to our boys

Comment

Skocic names National Team for World Cup qualifiers

Sports

March 18, 2022 - 16:20

TEHRAN - Iran football coach Dragan Skocic announced his squad for final two World Cup qualifiers against South Korea and Lebanon.

The Iranian team are scheduled to meet South Korea in Seoul on March 24 and host Lebanon in Tehran five days later.

Iran and South Korea have already qualified for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

Goalkeepers:*Amir Abedzadeh (Ponferradina), Alireza Beiranvand (Boavista), Hossein Hosseini (Esteghlal)

Defenders:*Shoja Khalilzadeh (Al Rayyan), Mohammadhossein Kananizadegan (Al Ahli), Danial Esmaeili (Sepahan), Farshad Faraji (Persepolis), Majid Hosseini (Kayserispor), Aref Gholami (Esteghlal),Omid Noorafkan (Sepahan), Milad Mohammadi (AEK), Sadegh Moharami (Dinamo Zagreb)

Midfielders:*Saeid Ezatolahi (Al Gharaffa), Ahmad Nourolahi (Al Ahli Dubai), Kamal Kamyabinia (Persepolis), Mehdi Mehdipour (Esteghlal), Milad Sarlak (Persepolis), Ehsan Haji Safi (AEK), Saman Ghoddos (Brentford), Amirhossein Hosseinzadeh (Esteghlal), Vahid Amiri (Persepolis), Mehdi Torabi (Persepolis), Alireza Jahanbakhsh (Feyenoord), Ali Gholizadeh (Charleroi)

Forwards: Allahyar Sayyadmanesh (Hull City), Mehdi Taremi (Porto), Sardar Azmoun (Bayer Leverkusen), Karim Ansarifard (AEK)

Dont know if posted
              https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/471...Cup-qualifiers
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Fuck that bullshit list.

Come on South Korea, let's go and win the group!

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                  Fuck that bullshit list.

Come on South Korea, let's go and win the group!
                  Come on man!

Comment

I am really disappointed with this list

Having said that I was sometimes disappointing with CQ's lists and he always vindicated his decisions in the end through the players he unexpectedly brought through.

I'm just worried that Skocic is now at the phase that people are influencing him and there is some parti bazi involved...

Overall though my hopes of second round in the world cup are quite low at the moment.

Comment

Cant believe he’s left out hardani. Guy has been playing great for SS and so far he was skocics backup RB.

Now when he finally gets a chance for a real test skocic drops him and seems like he will play khalilzadeh at RB vs son. Really hope esmailifar gets the start instead so somebody can actually put pressure on sadegh.

Never showing faith in younger players is one of his most annoying traits. Similar theme applies with calling up faraji, KAMAL, lol. Players we know will never be TM level in their lifetime. The fact kamal is getting called ahead of somebody like omid who is one of the best performing mids in Qatar over past season is sad. If you want to phase out “older” guys like him at least call up younger players who have room for growth. Kamal is slow as dirt, no mobility, and has really little redeeming qualities. If you told me he would be regular callup in 2022 I would have laughed at you but here we are

Good to see hosseinzadeh and mehdipour at least rewarded and ghayedi dropped.

Alipour also deserved inclusion. I would have preferred he call up one less CB (he has 5) and include alipour instead

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        Cant believe he’s left out hardani. Guy has been playing great for SS and so far he was skocics backup RB.

Now when he finally gets a chance for a real test skocic drops him and seems like he will play khalilzadeh at RB vs son. Really hope esmailifar gets the start instead so somebody can actually put pressure on sadegh.

Never showing faith in younger players is one of his most annoying traits. Similar theme applies with calling up faraji, KAMAL, lol. Players we know will never be TM level in their lifetime. The fact kamal is getting called ahead of somebody like omid who is one of the best performing mids in Qatar over past season is sad. If you want to phase out “older” guys like him at least call up younger players who have room for growth. Kamal is slow as dirt, no mobility, and has really little redeeming qualities. If you told me he would be regular callup in 2022 I would have laughed at you but here we are

Good to see hosseinzadeh and mehdipour at least rewarded and ghayedi dropped.

Alipour also deserved inclusion. I would have preferred he call up one less CB (he has 5) and include alipour instead
                        Disappointing list except the ghaedi drop. He can hide itself behind our best players (azmoun taremi etc..) to carry the team.

Comment

Also I know we want young CBs, but I'd rather have inform CBs.
                          98 we had a 34 year old Mohammadkhani who hadn't been in TM for at least 4 years come back and perform admirably.
                          2014 we had Seyed Jalal and Sadeghi who were 32 do very well (granted the system we had set up helped them alot too).

CBs can be old. They just need to have form and chemistry. Unfortunately they are not going to get that in Qatar .

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                            Love the new additions….especially mehdipour and faraji. Hope they get opportunities to play
                            Completely agree... Besides Kamyabinia I kinda like the list

Even with Kamyabinia, I only think he's there because Yasin Salmani isn't ready from injury

Comment

Shame that Omid Ebrahimi did not get invited while Kamal friggin' Kamyabinia did.

I hate how he is pandering to Persepolis' fans. We should not have a determined quota of Persepolis or Esteghlal players in TM callup, it should be best players get called up.

No young players invited either. Skocic is terrible, I don't care about his results. we know that two of Asia's greatest players ever - Mehdi Taremi and Sardar Azmoun - are willing our team. He needs to go

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                                Shame that Omid Ebrahimi did not get invited while Kamal friggin' Kamyabinia did.

I hate how he is pandering to Persepolis' fans. We should not have a determined quota of Persepolis or Esteghlal players in TM callup, it should be best players get called up.

No young players invited either. Skocic is terrible, I don't care about his results. we know that two of Asia's greatest players ever - Mehdi Taremi and Sardar Azmoun - are willing our team. He needs to go

The whole red/blue thing needs to be set aside for TM's sake. We don't want to get like it was under RIP Pourheydari's time where had to have guys like Esmail Helali and Mohammad Navazi invited to TM so blue and red fans wouldn't cry.

Now every squad that Skocic releases, red and blue fans say where are our players. The truth is most of them are probably very close to each other in terms of ability. The bigger issue for me is defensively we either don't have outstanding talent, or if they're any good they're constantly injured!

Comment

Working...
                                X