This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    ^ I'm afraid that may mean only one thing: we just wont be controlled unless through FEAR!
    No player dared say things like this under CQ. Especially after he struck off Rahmati and Haghighi.

Skocic seems less authoritative. And that, to an Iranian (uh oh, here comes another "propaganda"!!! ), seeing this, we take it as "weakness" and we try to climb over the fellow's back!
    and WORSE, we feel we are actually ENTITLED to behave like this!!!!

==============================

To keshvardoost:

No buddy. That's NOT propaganda.
    That's stating a fact about our own cultural shortcomings.
    Do you deny it?
    are we a very disciplined people, in general? (I could write paras about our social lacks & cultural shortcomings. But this is not the place)
    We all know this. Many have tried to get rid of this baggage ... mostly through education, reading and importantly, a desire for self betterment. But if the entire population is taken, we still have a long way to go.

besides, I dont see why you're calling it "propaganda". that cant be mistaken with "propaganda".
    self criticism? definitely. but propaganda?
    I did say WE Iranians. I am one of these ppl. and while I am proud of my Iranian heritage, I still am not dogmatic to deny the truth of our cultural lacks either.
    Were Taremis comments recent? Is this after he made made the CQ remarks of wanting him back? What did he say?
    You just got Caged
    K.C McElroy's Fan

Comment

Originally posted by CAGE View Post
      Were Taremis comments recent? Is this after he made made the CQ remarks of wanting him back? What did he say?
      you now whats ironic? Nobody knows for sure just what he was talking about. (some silly bit about "no, we are all tactically quite superior", Which is false. as many non-Iranian & IRANIAN veterans and coaches have always said.
      Taremi's words are BELIEVED to be a reply to skocic who said "Iranian players are fantastic and highly technical and exciting, but have shortcomings in tactical adaptability".)

which makes all this hoopla an idiotic exercise in "yek kalagh, chel kalagh" bazi!!!! something that I totally blame on the motherfucking bastards in our sports media who are bored and have no brains or jobs and stir up trouble out of nothing just to fill in their pages and sell papers!

But as our misfortunes hold, this has reached new heights with int'l media getting in on it and reporting this crap all over.
      Now, everyone, especially taremi himself, skocic, IFF, and TM are forced to act and react!

Comment

The simple truth of the matter is that Skocic is not TM material. The players sense that. His 10-1-0 record looks impressive, but it is a curse rather than a blessing. It clouds the fact that there is no clear Skocic imprint on TM, ironically most obviously in the tactical realm. TM's relative success is carried by the players, not the present coach. We will struggle against stronger opponents, let alone at the WC if we make it. Early signs of that were clearly visible in the SK match. With Skocic, we are back to being a solid Asian side that can dominate second- and third-tier Asian opponents but chokes against strong Asian and non-Asian sides. With CQ, we had hegemony in Asia and were a major headache for any team in the world, including the likes of Portugal, Spain, and Argentina.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
          The simple truth of the matter is that Skocic is not TM material. The players sense that. His 10-1-0 record looks impressive, but it is a curse rather than a blessing. It clouds the fact that there is no clear Skocic imprint on TM, ironically most obviously in the tactical realm. TM's relative success is carried by the players, not the present coach. We will struggle against stronger opponents, let alone at the WC if we make it. Early signs of that were clearly visible in the SK match. With Skocic, we are back to being a solid Asian side that can dominate second- and third-tier Asian opponents but chokes against strong Asian and non-Asian sides. With CQ, we had hegemony in Asia and were a major headache for any team in the world, including the likes of Portugal, Spain, and Argentina.
          You know, Skocic didnt even have a 2-3 weeks camp yet, how can we wish for better results ? I mean how many friendlies did he have ? He didnt lose in 11 games, he beat all teams yet, CQ had harder times against these teams.
          You say WC, WC is different , i am sure we would be headache for Spain and Argentina with Skocic too, since in WC teams are prepared and play another type of football.

Its not only CQ, he has Bagheri, Hashemian and several other "coaches" next to him. Skocic has to prove himself against bigger teams, right, but did we or do we have another choice ? If we could get big names i would say yes, but better Skocic than a big name who leaves after 3 month because he didnt get paid.

Comment

No excuses for Skokic please he has had enough camps and time to get to know the whole team. Yet despite being blessed with the most excisiting TM squad ever (a big CQ legacy), 10+ legionaires, and much better facilities than when CQ was at the helm. He doesnt know his best XI, TM has no style or identity, the players cannot warm to the coach, the backroom team is still vastly inexperienced, he has had easy teams to compete bar Korea even Bosnia was a C team. Taremi has every right to keep calling this out and long may he do so till we get a real manager in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
              No excuses for Skokic please he has had enough camps and time to get to know the whole team. Yet despite being blessed with the most excisiting TM squad ever (a big CQ legacy), 10+ legionaires, and much better facilities than when CQ was at the helm. He doesnt know his best XI, TM has no style or identity, the players cannot warm to the coach, the backroom team is still vastly inexperienced, he has had easy teams to compete bar Korea even Bosnia was a C team. Taremi has every right to keep calling this out and long may he do so till we get a real manager in charge.
              If you want I can make the same comparison for CQ’s first 11 matches and he will look worse. I say this as a CQ fan.

Skocic hasn’t had a single camp where the international players didn’t join until 2 days before the first match.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                If you want I can make the same comparison for CQ’s first 11 matches and he will look worse. I say this as a CQ fan.
                Skocic hasn’t had a single camp where the international players didn’t join until 2 days before the first match.
                true that, this COVID ordeal has been like a god-sent legit excuse for our broke ass and hapless federation too, in order to deny him of it ..!!
                however, we must also not be oblivious to oceans apart in quality and already preparedness differences between the TM squads that these two coaches inherited up on their hirings as TM coaches either..!!
                from my recollections, TM was in utter shambles when CQ was brought on for rescue finally...!! shitt ... back then we were getting dominated and loosing even against C/D Grade Asian oppositions in the early qualifications rounds for the next AC Games before Carlito's arrival..!!
                The huge plus with Eskoocher , especially as opposed to that lardass/moftkhor wiltits is that he has'nt tried to Reinvent the wheel (from CQ era) and adopt a whole new ( supposedly OFFENSIVE) Formation and Game tactics ..!!
                rather he has gone back to good ol, successful for years, CQ's Defensively assured overall general team posture and counter attacking and hence allowing the overall Higher Quality Difference of our squad as opposed to opposition to dictate the likely outcomes..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  true that, this COVID ordeal has been like a god-sent legit excuse for our broke ass and hapless federation too, in order to deny him of it ..!!
                  however, we must also not be oblivious to oceans apart in quality and already preparedness differences between the TM squads that these two coaches inherited up on their hirings as TM coaches either..!!
                  from my recollections, TM was in utter shambles when CQ was brought on for rescue finally...!! shitt ... back then we were getting dominated and loosing even against C/D Grade Asian oppositions in the early qualifications rounds for the next AC Games before Carlito's arrival..!!
                  The huge plus with Eskoocher , especially as opposed to that lardass/moftkhor wiltits is that he has'nt tried to Reinvent the wheel (from CQ era) and adopt a whole new ( supposedly OFFENSIVE) Formation and Game tactics ..!!
                  rather he has gone back to good ol, successful for years, CQ's Defensively assured overall general team posture and counter attacking and hence allowing the overall Higher Quality Difference of our squad as opposed to opposition to dictate the likely outcomes..!
                  CQ was with TM the entire WCQ phase for 2014 (starting with Maldives)...
                  We weren't getting dominated either before him, but we had zero refinement and just couldn't handle any sort of pressure.
                  If anything TM looked ok in the friendly before CQ was hired (Iran-Russia).

Also CQ didn't go defensive with TM until we had 3 must win games versus Qatar, Lebanon and South Korean in the 2014 qualifiers. Alot of members here have forgotten how many critics he had and how much shit many gave him.

Comment

Yeah i remember when before cq we didnt eaven have a coach for a year, then hired daei and so on.. it was a miserarble time to be a tm fan.. we had a talented squad aswell but iff was hitting new lows every month.. not that they are proffessional now days but they realy made an effort to be horrible back then.. funny part is that i believe that they were voted the best federation in afc some year after the worst period we ever had.. we are lucky we had cq so we atleast have a foundation to build on, that eaven with iff and wiltits will take a generation or more to destroy for iff.

his patterns and way of thinking in the squad wont go away in the near future.. they would have to change the whole squad and make a "man in black" memory whipeout with that pen if they want to erase his legacy in the near futurer.

im realy impressed of what i have seen highlight vise from the 8-0ers coach and play though, shame we didnt get renard instead of wiltits back in the day..

For future intervues, if anybody here intervues Skocic or Tot, for the podcast, id love if they ask if they plan to do anything with the passive defence or if that is the gameplan, to not have a pressing defence. are we going to play like croatia eaven if we lack the modric in our midfield or will TM have a more special gamestyle/highpressing or tikitaka or whatever sort of play when they get a few trainingcamps togheterr.. i would like to hear how they think about this sort of stuff..
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      CQ was with TM the entire WCQ phase for 2014 (starting with Maldives)...
                      We weren't getting dominated either before him, but we had zero refinement and just couldn't handle any sort of pressure.
                      If anything TM looked ok in the friendly before CQ was hired (Iran-Russia).

Also CQ didn't go defensive with TM until we had 3 must win games versus Qatar, Lebanon and South Korean in the 2014 qualifiers. Alot of members here have forgotten how many critics he had and how much shit many gave him.
                      his approach early on was more balanced not quiet offensive per say, and not as defensive as it later became, (probably when he realized how piss poor we are at passing the ball and moving W/O the ball, in order to have any success playing anything resembling an Attacking Team tactics. ...! )
                      from my recollections, prior to his arrival, we were utter shitt in terms of Squad Quality and especially so in terms of Playing as Unified Team with any sort of a discernible Team Tactics whatsoever.. ! we had just gone through a tumultuous periods of being led by perhaps 3 worst TM coaches 1 after another (GN, Daie, Gholabi) and not to mention the hoolahooo of the Green Movement and subsequent FIFA bans on Federation and player blacklisting..!!
                      It took CQ 3 years plus of continuous refinements before finally putting together a Formidable TEAM Per say, prior to WC18..! he just about the coach who actually figured out a way to Put the word TEAM in TM, after god knows how many decades of mostly relying on individual brilliances to carry us through competitions somewhat respectfully in the AFC..!
                      Just take a look at the CLUB PROFILE of our SQUAD Now compared to when CQ arrived..!! FFS did we even have any Player competing in EU decent leagues back then, besides Neku and Massoud combo in Osasuna ...? AK was back in gutter or PP, so was Ando back to iran, Mehdi was played-out, who else..?
                      Night and Day difference between OVERALL SQUAD QUALITY between CQ and Eskoocher imo..!!

Comment

Serdar Azmun called up to the Iranian national team for the November 2022 World Cup qualifiers

The head coach of the Iranian national team Dragan Skochich named the list of players invited to prepare for the upcoming games of the national teams.

Among them was the striker of the blue-white-blue Serdar Azmun. The Iranian national team will play two World Cup 2022 away qualifiers against Lebanon (November 11) and Syria (November 16).

After four rounds of the third, decisive round of selection for the Qatari World Championship from the Asian Confederation, the Iranians, with 10 points, occupy the first line in Group A.

Serdar Azmun played 58 matches for the national team and scored 37 goals.

https://fc-zenit.ru/news/2021-10-25-...i-chm-2022.htm

Comment

lool after all the last minute squad releases zenit made a spoiler.. but everybod knew Azmoun would come anywayz..
                          but dont think skoochie have released the list yet officially though.. its not the skoochie way
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                            lool after all the last minute squad releases zenit made a spoiler.. but everybod knew Azmoun would come anywayz..
                            but dont think skoochie have released the list yet officially though.. its not the skoochie way
                            National teams have to contact clubs well in advance to coordinate travel, visas, etc...

Comment

^yeah he probably has the list ready in a week after the last camp ended and contacts all the clubs in good time, but i dont think skoochie wants the clubs to make spoilers though, eaven if azmoun is no spoiler..
                              dont think he has realeased the list officially yet? probably will releas it around november 6-7 at earliest?

i have a feeling allahyar will get a callup this time.. and that either mehdi or sardar will draw a yellow in the first game and force skoochie to play one of ghaedi, allahyar or karim from start in the second one.
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Taremi/Skocic undate.

https://footballi.net/news/r/672784/...m_source=insta

To me, it sounds like Skocic gave the list of players to IFF for the next games and probably did not include Taremi. IFF panics and sets up this arrangement to try to get Taremi to smooth things over dinner.

Comment

Working...
                                X