Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taremi is my current favorite TM player.

Having said that, he really needs to cut this talk about coaches out IMMEDIATELY.

We have a new coach, we have good to great individual players, we have good team chemistry and we have a relatively easy final WCQ round.

Our third consecutive WC is clearly within reach and the ONLY thing that will prevent us from making it to the WC in Qatar is if we defeat ourselves.

Mehdi Taremi and potentially others, Please stop this hashiye IMMEDIATELY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
      What Taremi did is unprofessional and wrong. You can think of CQ as the best coach in history of soccer and you can scream it from the rooftops and say it on TV, but you don't come on TV and put down the current coach of your national team who has a record of 7-0 and who JUST renewed with IFF. What is the point of putting him down 2 months before last round of qualifications begin.
      And he certainly put Skocic down. When asked "A lot of people think we got the wins because of the players we have and not the abilities of the technical staff", why would you smile and say "yeah"... It would have been fine to say that technical staff had very limited time with the team and did their best in their limited time, but he did not say anything supportive of technical team.
      I think the indebtedness that he feels towards CQ and his new leadership role in TM has messed his head up.
      If I were Taremi, I would call Skocic right now and apologize to him or otherwise, I would not be surprised if Skocic leaves him out of the team. After all, CQ would have certainly not invited a player that talked against him, ala Rahmati, early on CQ's reign.
      I believe there is a time and place for players' revolt against a coach but it is certainly not in current situation of TM where a coach just renewed his contract after getting results. I hope Taremi does not put pressure on his buddies (Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh, Pouraliganji, etc..) to join him.
      Very unprofessional behaviour by him to say the least. He had two good seasons in Portugal, scored in the Champions League against Juve and Chelsea and all of a sudden he thinks he is larger than life. Other players such as Ali Daei and Ali Karimi also had the same issues when they made the big leagues and we all know how that ended up. Imagine Messi saying something like that about the coach of their national team, impossible!

Comment

Mehdi has done great in Europe and at TM. He is now recognized as a leader and he needs to act like one. He should learn from other leaders of TM (e.g. Amiri, Karim, etc.) in terms of being humble and not let his success get to his head. He has done several interviews that are sure warning signs. Hopefully he can learn from all this quickly and we won't have anything like the fiasco that costed him a six month suspension a few years ago. This kind of pride could also heart him at his club if it gets out of hand. Skocic is a lot more forgiving, CQ would have stopped calling him to TM if he had said these things about him (be it even indirectly). He needs to talk to Skocic behind the scenes if he has constructive suggestions.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
          ^ you are right after willyboy no Iranian coach showed any interest. But TM is not a training ground either.
          I don't think foreign coaches were interested either. TM is not a training ground but it is not about that at all. I don't think Skocic needs training just needs an opportunity to prove himself like CQ did. CQ failed to achieve anything substantial before or after TM, just check out his resume.
          P.S. CQ manged TM in safe mode. We played a defensive boring and sometimes embarrassing football. Against better teams we just parked the bus. let us not forget the details.
          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic
          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Imagine if Skocic drops him

This is the drama we absolutely expected when we decided to hire a nobody as manager tbf. Now not only do we have doubts as to our team's actual ability but we also have a minority aiming negativity towards one of our best players too. But don't worry, because we're not parking the bus any more and can shine our Iraq and Bahrain Away trophies to make us happy again.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post

This is the drama we absolutely expected when we decided to hire a nobody as manager tbf. Now not only do we have doubts as to our team's actual ability but we also have a minority aiming negativity towards one of our best players too. But don't worry, because we're not parking the bus any more and can shine our Iraq and Bahrain Away trophies to make us happy again.
              Which non nobody coach do you propose as alternative considering federation and country current state??

Comment

Taz Jan, do you think coaches should tolerate insubordination?

I’m not saying Taremi should be dropped but CQ dropped others for issues like this too.

Comment

I'm absolutely aware of the problems we face and I don't expect any better from these cretins in charge.

We got spoiled with a proper manager for 8 years and we're still living off the highs that it brought us but there's nothing wrong with also being in touch with reality and lolling at the state of affairs we have brought on ourselves. Most of us knew this was all coming as soon as CQ left.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    Taz Jan, do you think coaches should tolerate insubordination?

I’m not saying Taremi should be dropped but CQ dropped others for issues like this too.
                    Absolutely not. If Skocic has any self-respect and authority, he'd demand an apology or drop him. Thankfully, I don't think he's got that level of character so hopefully this is all brushed under the carpet.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                      I don't think foreign coaches were interested either. TM is not a training ground but it is not about that at all. I don't think Skocic needs training just needs an opportunity to prove himself like CQ did. CQ failed to achieve anything substantial before or after TM, just check out his resume.
                      P.S. CQ manged TM in safe mode. We played a defensive boring and sometimes embarrassing football. Against better teams we just parked the bus. let us not forget the details.
                      Not only against better teams, if you remember the Asian Cup in 2015 and the way TM parked the bus against UAE and Qatar it was really embarrassing. They barely touched the ball against UAE and made it seem as if Omar Abdulrahman was Messi 2.0. Same against Iraq and other mighty second tier Asian teams.

If i was Skocic i'd have a chat with Taremi and make him understand that no one is above the team. He should give him the chance to apologize and talk it out and that interviews where the head coach or anyone in the team is bashed is a big no no, if he doesn't agree and wants to keep doing this type of disrespectful interviews then in my opinion Skocic should ban his ass from TM.

Comment

Well this is a nonsense argument. Ronaldo and Messi two of the best players in the history of football whom Taremi is not even good enough to shine their shoes, surely consider their national team coaches as nobodies but they never disrespect their national coaches for the sake of the harmony of the team and they are professionals who lack Taremi's zoo mentality. Nobody is above the team and if Taremi thinks he is then he can say goodbye to TM. We have plenty of quality forwards, besides a young player like Ghaedi can learn from Taremi's mistakes. Set the example for the other players.

Maybe Queiroz will coach a club in the near future and Taremi can play in his team, they can park the bus all day long together.

By the way Taremi talks about his qualities as a player but where was he when TM lost to Bahrain and Iraq under Wilmots? He looked lost in those matches, maybe he should realize that he is no Maradona and be humble and listen to the coach no matter how much of a "nobody" the coach is.

Comment

Less posting and more shining from you, please.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                            Which non nobody coach do you propose as alternative considering federation and country current state??
                            Well the bar is so low with Skocic that even Yahya has a more impressive resume.

Doesn't matter though at this point. Unless we get spanked 4-0 by SK or get like 3 points from our first 4 matches, Skocic is the guy we are finishing the Third round of Qualifiers with.

Comment

I'm absolutely aware of the problems we face and I don't expect any better from these cretins in charge.

We got spoiled with a proper manager for 8 years and we're still living off the highs that it brought us but there's nothing wrong with also being in touch with reality and lolling at the state of affairs we have brought on ourselves. Most of us knew this was all coming as soon as CQ left.
                              How propper he was for us yet others were quick to dismiss him. If you want an empty trophy cabinet I guess he was great. Most nations play to win something...anything.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Taremi never heard of making lemons out of lemonade I guess. His comments are super unhelpful. Iran isn't signing a superstar coach right now, nor is there really time for it due to the WC schedule, even if they could. The only alternative is a worse coach than Skocic.

Think and do better Mehdi!

Comment

Working...
                                X