Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We seem to be more focused on our own issues in defense than on Bahrain’s problems in their back 4.

Wilmots went into Bahrain thinking his star filled team would easily get the job done. He thought he wouldn’t have to do anything but break pistachio shells on the plane. Well.. he thought wrong lol.

His team had more than 5 chances to get the job done and wasn’t able to. If we watch the match we can see a very faulty Bahraini defense vs an unorganized Iran that can’t finish.

My point is, I highly doubt we’re going to waste as many chances this time around.

Bahrain will park the bus and solely rely on the counter attack.

If they concede 1 goal and they concede first with Iran continuing on attack, their team and their tactical plans will collapse. Mark my words.

Comment

They can use all the profanity they want, they can pick their nose and rub it on our shirts lol. Whatever.

Once they concede first they’re finished. And I say this with confidence because I haven’t see Iran drop back after scoring in over 10 years. Last time I remember us scoring and just defending against teams like Bahrain was when Afshin Ghotbi was head coach and before him.

This team won’t stop attacking after we’re up 1-0 and Bahrain would have no other choice than to move up. I’ll say it again, if they concede first, they will lose the match.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        Its still not clear. Yes They have done this in the past but its all up to AFC and Fifa to decide . They might say the Goals against last team is not counted (in groups aswell).
        Also one more thing to consider is our GD against other teams in other groups. If cambodia is not counted our GD will be low as hell.
        They can’t do that, even if they want to lol. The results against Cambodia will count within the group. Only in case Cambodia doesn’t show up for the games( like North Korea) that would be a possibility.

However when deciding the best 2nd placed teams among all groups, there is a high possibility the results against Cambodia won’t count, i agree. We aim for 18 points, hopefully 16 will be enough( without needing GD) to qualify in case we finish 2nd.
        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

how many teams will go up as the best second placed ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
            how many teams will go up as the best second placed ?
            4 normally.

If Qatar finishes first or in the top 4 second place teams than the 5th out of 8 2nd placed team goes through also

Comment

if bahrain need to win also then is in our favour, since our attack is very good. we have a better chance, but we must attack from min and put them under pressure, we cant let bahrain breath, the bahrain game is more important than iraq to be frank , if we dont win or draw our time might be harder

Comment

https://youtu.be/jQ7ORLmmOJY
                golbezanpodcast.com
                twitter.com/GolBezan
                instagram.com/GolBezan
                youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Most of IPL teams have better looking kit than TM ones. Most of them are sponsored by Iranian brands. Shame

Comment

Bahrain going into lockdown due to the spiraling Covid situation. Thank you AFC for your brilliant and enlightened decision making.
                    https://www.arabnews.com/node/1865181/business-economy
                    Last edited by Nokhodi; 05-26-2021, 10:21 AM.

Comment

^LOL. I/we have been harping on this for the past 3 months. It was clear Bahrain's COVID numbers and new cases per capita were higher than Iran's (and still are). And we also had 100 years of temperature data to know that June is a scorcher in Bahrain. This was a no-brainer to give Iran hosting rights...but then again, brains and AFC are mutually exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        Bahrain going into lockdown do the spiraling Covid situation. Thank you AFC for your brilliant and enlightened decision making.
                        https://www.arabnews.com/node/1865181/business-economy
                        Luckily, the national team is planning on flying to Bahrain on May 31.
                        This might put pressure on CAS and there is time left. Hopefully something happens.

By the way, Japan has already played 5 games and get to play their 6th game in two days.
                        It doesn’t get more corrupt than that. Just go look at the long breaks between Japan’s games and even remaining games. They got taken care of for all that sponsorship money.

Mongolia in the same group has already played 7 games.
                        #BanNoorafkan

Comment

^the AFC recipe is clear: pack all TM games in a short time, deny TM home field advantage, make TM play in the hottest possible temperatures, and include the usual ref antics.

Comment

golbezanpodcast.com
                            twitter.com/GolBezan
                            instagram.com/GolBezan
                            youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

I really suggest a psychologist for TM players. I think we need to be totally ready for these hellish games. I hope the IFF or the coach think about this seriously. Iranian players really need some mental exercise as we get too carried away when they make things difficult for us. We have all the other skills to win the upcoming games though but this is also very vital IMHO.
                              Last edited by webmaster; 05-26-2021, 12:42 PM.
                              __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                              We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

I lose track of who is involved in the conspiracy against us. I thought it was Arabs but now it's Japan but then what explains Australia losing out on all their home games and being in the same position as us but in an even hotter climate? Can we get our conspiracy theories clarified pls, we'd hate to look silly.

Comment

Working...
                                X