Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard about the benching too, but waiting confirmation from Porto's social media account

Comment

What is going on? Mehdi is on the bench?

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Confirmed

Comment

Very disappointing.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

The only thing I can think of is SC is going with a super defensive formation (only 1 striker) early on to keep the game close and then unleash Taremi in the latter half to win the game.

Comment

damn I did not see this coming. such a buzzkill. Been waiting for this game all day
              sigpic

Comment

He is benched?!
                هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                نگاه میکنید.
                sigpic
                I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Looks like they are only playing one striker (Marega) and using an extra midfielder instead (Grujic).

No worries, Mehdi will come in as an impact sub early in the second half.

Comment

WOW very disappointing from SC! Especially after Mehdi scored over the weekend....doesn’t make any sense whatsoever!
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Why the upset? It's clearly coachs plan. I would have benched him too, to bring him motivated around 55-65 mins.
                      IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

This sucks..

Im guessing Taremi is going to be 2nd half super sub.

But not a good tactic when you're already 2 down on away goals..
                        #WilmotsOUT

Comment

any stream links?
                          IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

This is away game I would have played with three strikers. Score as many goals as possible.
                            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                            نگاه میکنید.
                            sigpic
                            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

I think it does throw Tuchel/Chelsea off too. This could be SC's mind games a bit. Having said that, totally bummed he won't play 90 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
                                Why the upset? It's clearly coachs plan. I would have benched him too, to bring him motivated around 55-65 mins.
                                IF it's not too late by that point. One goal from Chelsea will effectively put this tie away. We saw in the first half that Marega couldn't shoulder the responsibility of creating danger up top on his own. I really hope this doesn't come back to bite SC in the ass. Risky decision in my opinion.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X