Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% bro. My heart was pumping so fast and this ONLY happens for team melli games.
    Originally posted by Keano View Post
    Agha not sure about you guys but this felt like a TM win for me [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji1308][emoji1308][emoji1308]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hagh be haghdar resid.
      Dame Taremi garm.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        No offense dude but they also are some of the greatest players in the game. They aren't in the biggest game of their life trying to make a name and create a legacy. They were proven winners by the time many if not all of those issues arose.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
        O-Zone jan, fair enough, but lets bring up Zidane in 98 then. He wasn't a legend at that point yet (Despite being Zidane of course) and he missed a bunch of WC games because he got a dumb red card versus Saudi Arabia.
        My point was that the very best of the best do these sorts of things. Its not just an Iranian thing.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          Didn't he say fff off after his red card? If yes, I don't see uefa forgiving him
          Even if he didn't say that, he did wrong.
          Theres no question about the card.
          And it's just embarrassing when you play in a empty stadium and he tries to blame it on the sound, that he didn't hear the whistle 😄

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
            I thought it was "walk off"
            Correct. The other guy told him twice “walk off” “walk off” it’s a different tone if you pay attention. I am a musician and have good ears [emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
              We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Koka do you have the video?
                Originally posted by webmaster View Post

Comment

It is amazing to me! It is the first time I am cheering for a team as if it is Team Melli with the only Iranian sent off!!!! What an amazing charachter this team has. Love it and I think Mehdi fits right in and will come back even stronger!!!!

Comment

Awww poor corporations and sponsors won’t make enough money now that Juventus and Ronaldo are out

Cry me a River UEFA

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                      Koka do you have the video?
                      na koka.. az varzesh3 ghap zadamesh

Comment

WOW. Just WOW.

My take-aways from the game:

1. This is why we love this game. There is nothing else in the world that can make my heart be in my mouth for 2+ hours like this. Amazing.

2. Pepe. Man. What a warrior. I've always disliked him a bit for his antics and at times violent behavior on the pitch, but gotta give it to him, he is a fighter of the highest order. For hi to come out in a game like this and fight tooth and nail for 120 minutes says a lot about the guy's personality. Some of the players on the pitch could be his kids. He commanded presence in Porto's defensive line, and was a huge part of the result today.

3. What a game Marchesin played. He kept coming up with big save after big save, and if it wasn't for him, Porto would have lost for sure. Big props to the keeper.

4. Have to give credit to Sergio Conceicao. I think he got his tactics spot on to begin the game. And before the red card, everything was going their way and they looked likely to grab more goals. They were in control of the game. I also think his subs were very well done.

5. This was a team effort, and I really think every player played a big part in this game. Some players can be singled out more than others, but everybody gave it their all. I think this is a sign of the fighting spirit that Conceicao has built into the team. Every single player really gave it their all.

6. We also have to admit Porto got ridiculously lucky. A couple balls of the crossbar, a couple screw-ups by Juve here and there. Luck was a huge factor today, as it usually is in the game and life in general.

7. And last but not least, Mehdi. What can I say? I'm still disappointed in him. I'm a huge fan and will not bash him, but he had a serious lapse of judgement. And I'm not saying the call wasn't harsh, because it was. But at this level, playing in such an intense game, you can't afford to give the ref a reason to send you off. Simple as that. He has been making some very aggressive tackles this season, and he needs to learn how to cool it with those. His first yellow was warranted, and the second wasn't completely unwarranted. You just don't kick the ball away in a situation like that. I really hope he learns from this and shows a bit more maturity to shy away from aggressive tackles and stupid plays. Leave those for Pepe lol.

Nonetheless, there is no doubting his impact on this result. His goal in the first leg and his PK and overall play today were huge in Porto going through. They would not have gone through without him. I hope Porto appeal the second yellow and we can see him in both of the QF games.

Go Mehdi!! Go Porto!!
                        sigpic

Comment

What a heroic match by Porto! One of the most nerve-racking matches I have seen in a long time.

Taremi's teammates really saved his ass. What a relieved man he must be...

Comment

As I said before in my previous comments Taremi is a beast in the air. I've been watching Taremi closely and I can tell you that he wins 99% of the balls in the air.

Mehdi Towering over 1.9m demiral

Comment

WOWOWOWO
                              no adrenaline rush like this watching football since TM in WC.
                              closest thing was atleti away to liverpool last CL.

They played with gheyrat of lions and managed to keep a threat even down to 10 men. Credit SC for that. And I hope now everybody sees that luis diaz, sergio are quality MF players. SErgio was so calm and his physical but also technical play was insane tonight. The PK execution, the meg on Mckinnie, the FK itself. Unreal stuff.

Luis Diaz impact on the game was huge and gave porto energy when they needed. Brilliant instruction by SC as the kid came on with a plan and decision making was not selfish at all tonight.

PEPE immense at the back, seriously fantastic and so was Marche.

Also smart sub to bring on grujic for uribe in the midfield. Grujic technical quality got them out of some dangerous spots on the pitch and he distributed the ball well.

Mehdi was naive but ref was a farce as we saw after. His retort to 4th official while heading out on other hand was the stuff of cult legends.

If porto dont hit Bayern, PSG, or Man city they can do it. For sure vs Dortmund, Liverpool they will have a strong chance.

*last note on people saying he shouldnt go for those tackles...Some of his best plays this season came from those tackles. See his assist last month and multiple other plays too that SC himself lauded as the porto spirit. His tackle was only slightly mistimed as chiesa poked it away and was not dangerous at all. A yellow there was super harsh and mainly a result of Chiesa rolling around. If he had to go for that again he should do it for sure given the chance of a breakaway.

Obviously once he did that providing any opportunity for ref to send him off giving vulturish nature of Juve players was simply naive.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X