Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football is about confidence and this situation definitely taking its toll on JB. He is not the same JB we are used to. And no, I don’t think he played bad.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      Are people actually saying he was bad????

That was a very decent performance I thought. He didn’t have much service, forced a good save from leno, had a great turn to leave xhaka in dust and kickstart attack. His linkup was solid, I counted one misplaced pass. Pressed well. Even won some aerials , probably underlining the horrible arsenal cbs more than anything.

McAllister should definitely have played him in but chose a bad shot which went over.

Arj shot on target is only shot on target by anybody this half
      He wasn't good, or bad. Just very average. So far hasn't done anything to prove he's a better (or worse) player than Maupay, Trossard.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
        Bissouma is a perfect example of a what can happen to a player with a nurturing coach. I remember watching him struggle when he first came in with JB. But the coaches stuck with him, thus help8ng him grow into a good player.
        tbf, it aint that hard for a ball distributing MFdr to shine in pothead's system of play and make him look like a world beater..! ?
        there is always a 3 to handful of teammates nearby squaring up in your support and with so many passing options nearby it aint that hard to hit one and go into space for another few yards up or back on the pitch...!!

playing this system of play takes A Lotta energy and stamina outa your players though.... especially your attackers who are often forced to constantly retrieve back to form passing squares in MF/D.... by the time a good chance falls at your feet nearby the goal your probably too pooped out to put the finishing touches on it .... a la Jahanbakhsh or any other BHA strikers for that matter..!!
        why do you think BHA struggles so bad for goals ..... frankly they seem to me even below on the scoring front than even the super conservative predecessor coach of Pothead..!!? they just amass a bunch of useless possession stats which make pothead look like a good coach..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          tbf, it aint that hard for a ball distributing MFdr to shine in pothead's system of play and make him look like a world beater..! ?
          there is always a 3 to handful of teammates nearby squaring up in your support and with so many passing options nearby it aint that hard to hit one and go into space for another few yards up or back on the pitch...!!

playing this system of play takes A Lotta energy and stamina outa your players though.... especially your attackers who are often forced to constantly retrieve back to form passing squares in MF/D.... by the time a good chance falls at your feet nearby the goal your probably too pooped out to put the finishing touches on it .... a la Jahanbakhsh or any other BHA strikers for that matter..!!
          why do you think BHA struggles so bad for goals ..... frankly they seem to me even below on the scoring front than even the super conservative predecessor coach of Pothead..!!? they just amass a bunch of useless possession stats which make pothead look like a good coach..!
          My entire point was that both managers stuck with him when he was struggling, but right or wrong JB wasn’t afforded the same opportunity to grow as a player.

Comment

Lovely through pass from alireza there, perfectly placed but bellerin just faster than macallister

Comment

Excellent pass by arj plays in mccalister 1v1, arsenal defender gets back abs forced corner

Comment

Alireza did the mother of all throughballs but I doubt any Brighton fans would know or care. Mac Allister was very slow.

Comment

One thing for sure is that this Arsenal side is absolutely gash. They are making a weak Brighton look good.

Comment

His through ball didn’t go in the net therefore JB is incompetent according to the Brighton fans.

Comment

lucky kicksave by keeper prevent arsenal going up 1nil

earlier ali sent a delightful throughball to macalister but he couldnt beat the last defender... vintage ali quality service

Comment

MacAllister needs to be subbed this guy has wasted every decent attack

Comment

oooof BHA nearly concede again
                          shot inside the box missed barely wide

Comment

AJ is playing way better. some slick touches here.

If he gets subbed here..
                            Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

and abomeyang fks up yet another promising counter chance ....

bha need to check themselves defensively or wrecking is looming near

Comment

I am smelling a JB sub and if I say it then it won't happen please...

Comment

Working...
                                X