This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr.Oz View Post
    You can count the times I've had a good take on something? I'll stop you right there. Let's get a bit technical (just for fun): my ratio of thanks/posts is 2.94 whilst yours is 2.9 so I believe a sufficient amount of people agree with my posts on this forum. Now back on topic.

I'll point out that one of my very first comments in the original BHAFC-AJ thread when AJ moved to Brighton was what a big mistake it was and how he should have gone to Leicester instead.

I've never put down AJ on here. My last post merely highlighted his qualities and weaknesses and based on those, I gave made a reasonable assertion as to why he isn't being played...much more reasonable than calling the race card or concocting conspiracy theories
    This is an Iranian forum and I think it's good to have arguments from both sides. Also, how sensible would it be to dismiss an opinion because it's in the minority?

Anyway, I've said what I had to say: AJ is a technically gifted player but in my opinion not fast enough and strong enough to play a versatile role in the lower tiers of the EPL. As sad as it is, a Solly March is more appealing to these teams and that's how it's going to stay. That being said, AJ is doing the best he can in his situation and him staying put is fine by me as he gets to collect his nice paycheck and have fun.
    You have 150 posts in 11 years man, let’s not argue who contributes here more. You post 13 times a year haha. You are welcome to your opinion, but you are literally conflicting with your own opinion above. You say you think he doesn’t have the speed or strength to cut it in EPL, but in the same post say you also believe that Leicester would have been a better move for him. Last I checked, Leicester is in the EPL. It’s not that your take is in the minority it’s just that it’s clearly wrong.

ARJ’s biggest weakness is his decision-making. Choosing this garbage team was a career killer. Blaming it on his skills when he proves himself with contribution in every measly chance he’s gotten last season and this season so far is why you and the people suggesting ARJ isn’t good enough are just flat out wrong. BHA fans won’t admit it, but ARJ would’ve been killing it at Leicester, but they’re an actual reputable team trying to be successful. Not a small-fry team trying to survive.

Also, Solly March wouldn’t be appealing to any team that belongs in the EPL. Maybe teams making their plans for the championship when relegated, but no team with any hope of succeeding. ARJ joined a loser club, I think that’s what we should all agree on, as it seems everyone knows that is the truth, but we have that iranian parent victim blaming complex. It happened to us, so it feels good to place the blame solely on ARJ and not consider the crap he’s having to deal with. A formerly clueless coach and a presently stubborn and also clueless coach. The result of being on a team with no ambition other than improving to 14th place from 15th.

Comment

On behalf of my people, I'd like to apologise Oreo. Please recognise this place as the Iranian version of football twitter, no good will come of trying to reason with it, one must simply endure it because of vested interests.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
        I’ll be real, the guy you are supporting I would consider an outlier on this forum. I can probably count on my hand the times he’s had a good take on something and I’ve been here for a while.
        I called his post a good post because he made 3 sensible points. I don't care if it's the first or 5000th he has had a good take - It's a good, unbiased post.
        I’m sure the person who PM’d you is not a frequent contributor with much respect. I’ve fought plenty of battles on this forum, some right some wrong, but being afraid of making a point is usually a sign of 1) the person is already not a great contributor/possible troll or b) they don’t have much belief in their own opinion to articulate or argue it.
        Or maybe they just can't be arsed with the witch hunt if they dare stray away from the accepted opinion
        I rarely log on to this forum anymore, because quite frankly whenever I do there's a small group of posters who go out of their way to insult me and purposfully misconstue what I've said. The last 2 times I've tried to have a reasonable debate on here I've been
        A) called racist for using a fairly common Western coloquialism, with no apology when I explained what I had meant.
        B) Told I obviously didn't understand football and didn't watch it much, and when I then tried to explain my sporting background that was used of proof as me being 'arrogant'
        C) Told that I was probably racist towards Black/African players despite having African heritage myself.
        Anybody reading that and deciding not to post isn't a troll or doubtful of their own opinion - they're smart. A community where 4/5 regular posters have the ability to make people feel they can't contribute to a discussion has a bullying problem, or at least a serious clique problem.
        Go a few pages back and respond to my post about the reddit thread with multiple stories of coaches benching/freezing out players for several reasons, including not accepting a transfer the team wanted. You were absolutely aghast when I said this could be a possibility, but I haven’t seen you talk about it when there’s a thread with multiple instances of similar things happening. Some managers seem to even do it for arbitrary reasons...
        I must have missed it but feel free to link it again.
        Although for what it's worth, I wasn't aghast at it being possible. I thought people saying Potter doesn't play ARJ beause he's not his signing was stupid because of all the contrary evidence against it, suchas players Potter signed not playing every week etc.
        This team’s life in the PL isn’t long, and ARJ will hopefully be gone soon and you’re obviously not his supporter.
        I'm a Brighton supporter, so I want every one of our players to do well. Ali J included. I've wanted him to sucseed from the moment he signed and still do.
        So I actually don’t understand what productive you’re bringing to this conversation. You’re saying Potter is right to bench a guy we’ve considered one of our best legionnaires just before he joined your club. I don’t think you’ll convince us of much, the outliers who think our current crop of players are trash and are living in 1998 are few and far between here.
        If your team were as good as some of you on here seem to think then you wouldn't currently be 5 points behind Iraq in a world cup qualfying group. There is a middle ground between 'everything I like is perfect' and 'everything is trash'.
        They may send you their PM’s but they’re honestly smart not to make their trash takes here. I personally think you’re fighting a losing battle here, and should just support your club’s decisions as you like. If you actually believe relegation isn’t in this club’s near future, I’m actually pretty sorry for you that you’re going to be stunned by this obvious happening. The coach, players and overall brunt of the club’s ethos is that of a bottom-feeder. ARJ never should’ve joined BHA, I agree with Dr. Oz on that.
        I've seen us relegated more than once before, and I won't be surprised if I see it happen again. However this point is pretty asanine. Currently the club is going from strength to strength. It's strange how a lot of the neutral media in the UK are very impressed with the progess the club are taking, but small pockets of Iranians who are upset about ARJ don't. It's almost like the bias is against Brighton. Crazy, I know.
        At Leicester or a team with a winner’s mentality, he would’ve slotted in just fine, don’t get it twisted. Put Messi into Hughton’s tactics and he wouldn’t have an easy time with that negative anti-football either. Basing Potter’s repeated reliance on Championship quality players based on ARJ’s failure to make an impact 2 years ago is idiotic. Nobody would’ve succeeded in that position. With world-class players like Alzate and March carrying your team you’re destined for a great and storied PL season.
        Potter should maybe change his formation to get these unproductive players out of the lineup and get a guy who can score some goals in. I thought the point of football was to score and win. Making a formation that fits to March and Alzate who haven’t done diddly squat in 2 seasons is the brilliant tactic of a Fergusson like genius.
        I agree Hughtons tactics were terrible. However, whilst the rest of your post was fairly decent (even if I disagree with a lot of it) this is just complete and utter verbal diahorea.
        Alzate in his first season above L2 level played well enough to get 2 caps from Colombia, a country currently ranked in the top 10 in the world. He also plays an entire different formation. If you think he's done 'diddly squat' then that just shows your complete lack of understanding of football. Although if you think any player who doesn't score is 'unproductive' then maybe that lack of understanding isn't a surprise. There's a reason teams don't start with 11 strikers and nothing else. Sadly you couldn't help yourself falling in to the usual biased problem of just writing a load of nonsense insults. A shame.

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
          A good post, but you'd have more luck trying to teach a dog to play the piano then get some of the more stubborn posters to admit they're wrong.

I don't even think some of them realise just how horribly they come across or how toxic they make the thread. The fact that more than one poster has messaged me privately to tell me they agree with what I'm saying but don't feel like they can say it in the thread without being attacked just shows how shitty some people act on here. I mean, last time I made the point you made in 3) it ended up with me being accused of being racist to black/African players, despite never mentioning them. Funny and Depressing in equal measures.
          Come back when your boy Potter achieves something, anything of note. Lets see:

Best finish in an European top division: Fifth. In Sweden

Only finish in Championship: 10th. With a team that spent quite a few seasons in EPL. (Potters successor, a guy with no senior club coaching experience finished 6th and qualified for promotion playoffs.)

Best finish in EPL: 15th. Exactly the place where BHA finished in their first season at EPL under CH. You know the guy who was fired for bad results.

Now commence twisting yourself into a pretzel trying to explain the results

Go on....But make sure you do plenty of stretching, the twisting will hurt otherwise.
          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
            Come back when your boy Potter achieves something, anything of note. Lets see:

Best finish in an European top division: Fifth. In Sweden

Only finish in Championship: 10th. With a team that spent quite a few seasons in EPL. (Potters successor, a guy with no senior club coaching experience finished 6th and qualified for promotion playoffs.)

Best finish in EPL: 15th. Exactly the place where BHA finished in their first season at EPL under CH. You know the guy who was fired for bad results.

Now commence twisting yourself into a pretzel trying to explain the results

Go on....But make sure you do plenty of stretching, the twisting will hurt otherwise.
            Pep Guardiola - "He is and will be a successful manager because I have noticed how he is as a human being and as a manager."
            nisfejahan - "He's a bad manager"

I wonder who has more football knowledge. The manager who has won everything possible numerous times, or the bloke on the internet who doesn't understand football. It's a tough one.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
              No I think you are confused. This is Alireza Jahanbakhsh fan thread. It is for those who like and support Ali. It is biased and subjective. Anyone come here in this thread and talks rubbish or dis Ali is not going to be liked or welcomed.
              Correct. And I'm not good at interacting with people that embrace and flaunt their bias at the expensive of facts and empathy. That's why I rather not peruse this thread. I'm Iranian too, I get how we can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                Some good news for Brighton is that they have sold Dale Stephens.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...ghton-18993646
                good
                1 less scrub occupying their MF line ..!
                what happened to Marsh exit rumors..!!?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  good
                  1 less scrub occupying their MF line ..!
                  what happened to Marsh exit rumors..!!?
                  March is playing at Wing-Back, unless you want AliJ to be a defender then whether March is there or not this season doesn't effect him.

In our current set-up he's competing with Lallana & Trossard.

Comment

Good news, stephens was trash.
                    AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                      Some good news for Brighton is that they have sold Dale Stephens.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...ghton-18993646
                      i don’t usually say that any player is completely awful, but stephens was beyond awful. not even championship level

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
                        Correct. And I'm not good at interacting with people that embrace and flaunt their bias at the expensive of facts and empathy. That's why I rather not peruse this thread. I'm Iranian too, I get how we can be.
                        Dadash There are quite a few threads about Iranian players and tbh i don't post there because i am either not a fan or don't know much about them. so being biased and subjective a is a fan's prerogative. and anyone going to a fan's club and start arguing is just simply going to make himself look stupid like some people here try to prove Ali is not good enough for EPL while there are so many truly real crap players plying in this league.
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Oz View Post
                          1) Last season was last season. I'm talking about right now. How does his performance rank with the current offensive 11 starters? They all have goals against EPL level opposition. AJ has goals against 3rd tier players and 2nd tier reserves, that's a fact. Now tell me, if AJ was on the starting 11 with a goal against NCastle and say, Trossard was the one who scored against 3rd and 2nd tier opponents in a cup game, how would you react if Trossard suddenly got the nod and AJ was benched??? You can lie to me all you want but I know how many people here would react. OMG POTTER AGAIN DOING THIS, WHY WOULD YOU SWITCH OUT AJ HES BEATING PREMIER LEAGUE OPPOSITION AND THIS TROSSARD GUY GETS TO PLAY JUST BECAUSE HE SCORED AGAINST TOKHMY OPPOSITION OMG@$!$!!

2) Graham Potter is not compelled to explain anything. He does so because journalists ask him questions about AJ. What is he supposed to do, ignore them?

3) You countered my point about his pace with...nothing. It is very obvious and I'm not the only one to point it out. He lacks pace for a winger, his pressing isn't good and he can't dribble past his man.
                          Whether you like it or not, he is not suited for BHA FC and any other scrappy EPL relegation zone team.
                          He is a slow but technical player and in my opinion, ill suited for the English league in general.
                          He would be better off in leagues where his superior vision, passing and shooting can be maximized (i.e. La Liga, Bundesliga etc)

Is it unfair Potter is not playing him enough in the starting XI? perhaps...
                          Does he absolutely deserve to play on the starting XI right now? No.
                          1) Haha....Last season was last season?!!! That's the funniest (and most absurd thing I have heard). Ronaldo went to RM because of his "past" seasons with Manu. Then he went to Juve because of his "past" seasons" with RM. Biesla was hired as coach because his "past" experience. Do I need to go on or do you get the picture?!!
                          His performance ranks very well against others, past season and this season. Yes, he has not scored against EPL, because he cannot score from the bench. Whoever told you, you can score from the bench lied to you.

2) Graham Potter does mention Ali even without prompting. Furthermore, the reasons the journalists ask him about Ali, is exactly the point. They also wonder what excuse Potter has. Duh?!!!

3) I do not think he lacks pace. No he is not the speediest person, but he packs plenty of pace when needed. Watch him at NEC. AND, there are many other top players who do not have pace. Again, is he superman? NO, But he has more than enough quality to start on this mediocre BHA team.

Comment

March is playing at Wing-Back, unless you want AliJ to be a defender then whether March is there or not this season doesn't effect him.

In our current set-up he's competing with Lallana & Trossard.
                            well it aint like Pothead is hesitant to put players outa their natural positions..!!?
                            Ali thrives mostly attacking and combining down either wings (preferably RW) .... ! he could easily deputize his role as LW/LWB in team to much higher degree of success especially on the attacking front and as far a sending quality service into box that the CF could have a chance of latching on to..!
                            lallana looks injury prone and probably a frequent sicknote ..!! gets praised by a lot of folks but in the bit i saw of him couldnt notice anything too special ..?
                            Trossard is tough player for ARJ to displace, cause he is similarly to Ali he generally is a dangerous and impactful winger/attacker, regardless of being physically weaker than ali and not as good in combination and service to others area..!
                            Connoly is trash, clueless midget .... only good for running about and defensive, pressing intangibles ....(id ship his ass off to B squad as well ) but in his mold BHA already have Maupay who is similarly hardworking but far more polished in finishing and combining....!

Comment

Pep Guardiola - "He is and will be a successful manager because I have noticed how he is as a human being and as a manager."
                              nisfejahan - "He's a bad manager"

I wonder who has more football knowledge. The manager who has won everything possible numerous times, or the bloke on the internet who doesn't understand football. It's a tough one.
                              Yes, Pep said that after shoving 5 goals up BHA's rear end. That's the kind of guy Pep is. He says thanks you Maam after he is done.

Again, you are pointing to some meaningless quote, because you do not have anything of value to point to. You know, like results!!!

Comment

Dear BHAFC,

You believe that we are a biased bunch, which by definition, we are. Why don't you go to North Stand Chat and tell them how undeserving ARJ. If he was deserving, GP would have started him of course.

I think what you will hear back over there, now that ARJ has taken every chance that he has been given, is that ARJ is very much deserving of a starting spot and basic puzzlement as to why he gets 2 minutes every game...

Thanks for visiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X