This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
    There is still plenty of competition. Connelly and MacAllister are basically replaced by new signings Wellbeck and Zeqiri. So we got Maupay, Trossard, Lallana, Wellbeck, Zeqiri, Gross and Jahanbakhsh fighting for 3 or 4 spots. I think Wellbeck, Lallana and Trossard are ahead of ARJ. He has to fight it out with Maupay, Gross and Zeqiri for the last potential spot. I feel he'll get a solid 30 minutes if he doesn't start.
    These new signings are not in front of ARJ in the depth chart. Plus, neither of them play the same position as ARJ.

ARJ is only behind Trossard. He is ahead of the rest of the pack. He is a big part of Potter's plans and I would be surprised to see him not start next game.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
      These new signings are not in front of ARJ in the depth chart. Plus, neither of them play the same position as ARJ.

ARJ is only behind Trossard. He is ahead of the rest of the pack. He is a big part of Potter's plans and I would be surprised to see him not start next game.
      Agree completely, Welbeck and Zeqiri are there as back up to Maupay.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post

I am looking at it from how Potter would approach things. Personally, I believe that ARJ should start but what I believe doesn't matter much. Potter plays with back 3 and 2 wingbacks... so that is 5 players already. Then he plays with 2 holding mid-fields (except last game, where he played with 1 because they were playing the weakest team in the league and he thought he could get away with it). So that is 7 players already. Leaves 3 offensive players. Lallana will play for sure. He is the first name on Potter's play list and I agree with him there. So leaves 2 spots. Potter has played with two strikers before in Maupay and Connelly or last game where he played with Maupay and Wellbeck. If he plays with one striker, then that leaves one spot for a Trossard, Jahanbakhsh, Gross, Maupay (playing next to Lallana like last game), or Zeqiri who has impressed Potter apparently and can play as a winger or striker. I would think Trossard gets that spot and ARJ will sub him after 60 minutes unless Trossard is not 100% and that makes ARJ starting more likely. Also, if Potter plays with one holding mid-fielder, good chance ARJ starts but unlikely against stronger opponents like Aston Villa.

Comment

As someone else said, I am not happy about injuries and COVID-19 positive cases. I wish Connelly a quick recovery and I wish MacAllister will be ok and kick the virus. This is a good chance for ARJ to shine though. Again, thank you Skocic for not being a jackass and allowing ARJ to get more fit and increase his playing time with his club without the risk of travel and injury during these harsh times.

Go ARJ!

Comment

Lallana is due an injury, this is the longest stretch he's been off a physio's treatment table since the 9 months he was in his mother's jalfrezi.

But let's not be small-time and cheer such crap, especially when it's the likes of Connolly (who?) and Mac Allister (who?).

Comment

conclusion :

If Alireza Still doesnt get the starting nod vs AV with all these, then Pothead simply Still does not rate him as a serious EPL level footballer and situation will likely to revert back to SNAFU for our boy this season as well..!! the rest is the usual ARJ thread... blah blah blah .... !!

Comment

Comment

Not bad!

Comment

Results of the last 7 games for Brighton & Hove Albion under gaffer Graham Potter:

4 losses, 3 draws.

The next 2 matches are against 6th placed Aston Villa and the following week vs Liverpool. Let's see how Pottcrack handles them apples and what the lizard will do if he can't get at least 2 points from these games.

Comment

Imagine Brighton beating Liverpool after all these losses xD

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
                        and ARJ scoring a bicycle kick :-D

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

aj will have a hard time playing 90 min, mostly coming on as a sub , i dont think potter believe in him

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            Not bad!
                            meh.... WEAK..!! no wonder why he is getting benched all the time..!
                            and the vid all so conveniently cuts off just when a bit of trickier tune coming up...!😒

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
                                Lol not happening. Not even in the imagination realm. Graham Potter shape shifting into a lizard and declaring dictatorship over South East England is more likely

Comment

Working...
                                X