Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JB's body language seems off.

Comment

That was a bad goal to concede. Ryan at fault on this one.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s never easy for a player that hasn’t had match-practice to come on and do wonders, but I get the feeling that our boy is happy to do the minimum and has nothing to prove to the manager. Perhaps they have both decided that his future next season is pre-determined.
        sigpic
        Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

77: Jahanbakhsh has done well since coming on, giving his side something a little different out on the flank. He swings in a decent ball towards the Maupay, but it's just over the Frenchman and Ederson can gather.
          On BHA site
          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic
          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

JB career at Brighton is over. Teams much better than Brighton would be grateful to have him play or as a super sub constantly.

Brightons team is just grateful that there are suckier teams below them. Their team is dead right now in this game

Comment

Had maupay passed the ball in was through on goal... Selfish

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Even nbc commentator saying jb was open and maupaybwas selfish suggesting maupay would have been livid if situation was reversed jb looks like he doesn't care

Comment

I counted he made a great run to be through on goal four times and each time no one found him. Thought he played really well when he came on.

Comment

Its embarassing that a short guy like Sterling can score two headed goals on a team that claims has "excellent Centerbacks"

Comment

It seems to me that his next team is all signed off. You would have thought if he wanted to put himself into the transfer window and grab few scouts attention, he would have run his sucks off but again to me he didn’t.
                      sigpic
                      Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Based on the North Stand Chat, it sounds as though quite a few Brighton supporters want Alireza to start the next game after just those few minutes today

Comment

He had a decent game considering he hasn’t played since february / march.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            I dont really think the argument is if potter is a bad coach or not. The reality is hes not a great coach but he isnt alone in the average/below average british coaching union.

But if you could use those xG, xGA, xPts statistics of yours to prove why ARJ after scoring 2 goals and assisting 1 when he has only started 3 matches all season, deserves to not even make the bunch while losers like solly march who have been objectively terrible and worse statistically play ahead of him and prevent him from even making matchday squad after matchday squad that would be much appreciated.
                            1. Strange first para. Your say it's not the argument, despite the fact that I'm citing many anti-Potter comments, and you follow it up with "he's not a great coach" as if it's some sort of undeniable fact rather than your opinion. He's been coaching a decade. I'd argue he was a success in Sweden for the reason I stated above. He's not even finished his 2nd year coaching in England. You may not want to give the guy a chance because he doesn't play ARJ. That's your prerogative. I'm happy to judge coaches on the level they manage, the results they achieve and the quality of their squad in relation to the competition. I don't accept your opinion about British coaches. You support a British club, watch a British league yet display anti-British sentiment... what a peculiar bloke.

2. They're not "my statistics". They're sets of factual data that exist outside of this forum and are used by data analysts employed at many big clubs in major divisions in Europe. While these advanced metrics are key team performance, they are only supplementary to good coaching, tactics and scouting. They're not meant to be used in isolation to drive big decisions like team selection, player signings etc but scientific data is hard to deny. Well, I meant you can deny science, but it's not a side of an argument I'd ever want to be on. Seems odd that people who are aware of xG (I appreciate there are many that aren't) choose to bury their heads in the sand about its value. Data science is still in it's infancy in football but it's taking over and you guys who disagree will be on the wrong side of history.

3. Stats like xG don't "prove" team selection decisions. Potter as the coach of the team has the right to choose players over ARJ. As far as I'm aware, he's has full autonomy on team selection. Reasons for selection surpass in-game performance and stats. Obviously we don't see training or know what the coaches see everyday in training or how players follow their instructions. It's one thing for a player to have ability or score nice goals, it's another for him to respond to a coaches tactics or fit into his philosophy.

4. If I were to look at the stats between ARJ and March (your comparison, not mine) for this season, they're clearly in ARJ's favour but he's played 300 minutes. It's not nearly enough for a reliable data set. He has an xG of 0.59 because he's scored 2 very difficult goals. Solly March has had triple that game time but is hardly Potter's player of choice and been poor this season, no question. You should really be asking why Trossard over ARJ - the simple answer is Trossard is Potter's purchase. He inherited ARJ. As I said before, it's mostly likely that ARJ is out of favour for footballing reasons that we can't see in data analysis.

As for the March comparison, the better data set to look at, if you really want to do this, is last season. Happy to preface that they both played more defensively under Hughton, often out of position. ARJ played 1000+ minutes and March over double that. March had 1 goal, 5 assists. ARJ did nothing. His shot frequency over 90 mins was higher than March's but he paled in comparison on key passes and expected assists (0.19 to March's 5.21). This doesn't make ARJ a bad player, March just fit into Hughton's system as well and March had a much bigger advantage on experience in playing football in this country, ARJ like most foreign players needed time to adapt to the league and style of play.

Originally posted by JaanevarAjeeb View Post
                            Hey Malkay,

What a world-class coach this Potter is.....
                            0-4 at home, no tactical sense, and no understanding of when and who to substitute in.

Better switch to watching cricket M8
                            Yeah, well done. You got me! City beat Brighton and completely out played them... how totally unexpected and proof that Potter is a bad manager.

I suppose the same goes for every other manager whose team has been completely out played by City this season. Spoiler alert: it's almost every team. Have a look at the seasons results.

In today's game, City had 71% possession, 26 shots on goal and 8 on target. Against Southampton in their last game, they had 76%, 26 shots again and 6 on target... they lost that 1-0.

Their xG against Brighton 5.52. Against Southampton it was 3.40. They dominated both games in chance creation and quality of chances. It proves the point I'm making about xG and the randomness of football. In theory both sides should have lost these games convincingly. You look purely at the scoreline and you don't get the full picture not just of the game in isolation but also of the entire season. Brighton have done this to other teams many times this season and been on the wrong side of the scoreline. It happens.

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                            As I said it is fascinating the length you all go to explain away his piss poor results. If he had actually achieved something, you did not need 5 paragraphs to explain. All you had to do was write a couple of lines about what he achieved.

The best he finished in the Swedish top league was a 5th and 8th. The best he did in the championship was 10th. His results this year are barely better than last year.
                            At least wait until he achieves something before singing his praises!!!

You know in football, results matter. It’s not a fashion show where u get points for style or promise.
                            If you care to read above, I've answered your points.

The purpose of this forum is to share our point of views. It's my preference that my point of view hold some merit by being backed up with solid reasoning and hard facts wherever possible. I'm also open minded enough to listen to and concede to an equally qualified retort which opposes the views I hold and makes a sound case for why that I might have overlooked.

It's your call whether or not you do the same. I can't educate you on this subject or make you see sense, nor is it my intention or care to do so. You're (I'm assuming) a grown adult. You have to make those decisions and enlighten yourself.

Comment

^^^ What can I say except LOL

You wrote two pages trying to explain the piss poor results.

Here is my reply...... City 5 BHA 0

See results speak for themselves. You want points for style, go to a fashion show.
                              Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Brighton =5-0ers! Congratulations to chossard

Comment

Working...
                                X