Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
    Although it was impressive that he started to speak Dutch so fast (and pretty well, considering) he already spoke English before going to England. He spoke English before learning Dutch. Although his English has improved.
    And regarding his British accent: what did you guys expect, that he would talk English with a Nigerian accent? He is in England and surrounded by Brits and his English classes are thought in British accent as well....
    nigerian accent that cracked me up.
    IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

I am SO happy for Alireza.

I am SO proud of Alireza.

He deserved every single second of celebration and tears that came after that moment.

My only complaint is I just wish the camera didn’t zoom in on Potter’s face after that lol. And could care less what anyone thinks about Potter and his coaching abilities. I’m not one to just forget his INABILITY to tell his club owner to deal with players like Andone and Jahanbakhsh appropriately as they weren’t going to be a part of his plans. Those who are smart know that this move of him starting was to get exposure for him to sell/loan him out to another club.

But enough about the bullshit our boy had to endure and more about how amazing this moment was for Ali and for all the fans who’ve waited a long time to see Ali get his moment. Ashkam dar oomad khadaeish..

Damet garm Pesar e Kafsh Talaei e IRAN! Inshallah hamisheh movafagh bashi! 💚⚽️❤️

Comment

Omg I also noticed that, his English accent

I wonder if it’s due to all the torture he went through, listening to Potter annoying ass tell him “Aleyyyy izayyyyy guuud pleyehhhhh, Boh he neeeeeeedz TeWwW Wait FoH de ChaaaaaaanseSssssssss”

Comment

Originally posted by PediPipita View Post
          Time for Potter to eat crows.
          And then after poop crocodiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
            Jahanbakhsh scored his first goal for Brighton.

Jahanbakhsh scored the fastest goal in Brightons history.
            When I read this, what came to mind for Potter were words from the great Parviz Parastui (from the film Marmoolak):

“Boro aab bekesh Potter.. Nanevis, boro aab bekesh..”

Comment

Have any of those legioner accounts put together one of those compilations of all his touches in the game?

Comment

He benefited from fixture congestion to get a rare appearance in the team yesterday. Some teams played 2 games in less than 48 hours and most play again on New Year's Day.

Despite his goal and all round good performance (his best in a Brighton shirt regardless of the goal), it wont change his place in the pecking order or Potter's reputation of tinkering with his squad selection and formations in every game.

I don't expect him to start against Chelsea in a couple of days. Chelsea are a much different prospect to Bournemouth, and an injury hit Bournemouth at that.

I suspect Potter will name a defensive team, 3 at the back with wing backs, leaving no room for Alireza.

I do however expect Alireza to play (very likely from the start) in the FA Cup tie against Sheffield Wednesday on 4th January. Potter should name a relatively similar formation as yesterday for that game, albeit resting most of the first team players like Mooy, Maupay, Ryan and Dunk. I'm sure we'll see the likes of Connolly, Murray and Alzate in that game. Button in goal. But let's see...

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                  Have any of those legioner accounts put together one of those compilations of all his touches in the game?
                  https://youtu.be/JOkKcHX3tYQ
                  "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                    He benefited from fixture congestion to get a rare appearance in the team yesterday. Some teams played 2 games in less than 48 hours and most play again on New Year's Day.

Despite his goal and all round good performance (his best in a Brighton shirt regardless of the goal), it wont change his place in the pecking order or Potter's reputation of tinkering with his squad selection and formations in every game.

I don't expect him to start against Chelsea in a couple of days. Chelsea are a much different prospect to Bournemouth, and an injury hit Bournemouth at that.

I suspect Potter will name a defensive team, 3 at the back with wing backs, leaving no room for Alireza.

I do however expect Alireza to play (very likely from the start) in the FA Cup tie against Sheffield Wednesday on 4th January. Potter should name a relatively similar formation as yesterday for that game, albeit resting most of the first team players like Mooy, Maupay, Ryan and Dunk. I'm sure we'll see the likes of Connolly, Murray and Alzate in that game. Button in goal. But let's see...
                    Honestly, Your theory makes perfect sense but the Bournemouth match was way more of a must win than the Chelsea match and Ali got to start and delivered. If Potter, genuinely meant what he said about his attitude in training and considering his performance, I doubt he could be dropped even to the bench for the Chelsea tie, maybe I'm too big an optimist but I'm expecting him to start, I actually expect an unchanged line up considering that they are playing at home and Chelsea (my team) do not have the best defence in the league.
                    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post

yea, regardless of his goal and good performance (3rd best i'd guess after standout performances from Mooy and Bissouma..!) I dont think BHA/Pothead will hesitate a second to offload him this winter on loan if any suitor agrees to pony up his full wages..! nor will he be suddenly becoming a regular bench appearing or starting player for pothead any time too soon..!!?
                      if he give him at least some minutes vs Chelsea then i could get more hopeful of that..!!

even if he struggles in the attacking front, he certainly makes his wing more reassuring in Defensive side of the pitch and does a great job of tracking back and taking away passing options for the opposition offense on his side of the pitch.... whether pothead recognizes and value that aspect of his game is questionable ftb..!? barring a few unforced giveaway passes and horrendous brain-fart moments from Montoya BHA's RB looked secured and shut-down all game long for Bournemouth and the width he created on offense provided much more room for Mooy and Maupay in middle of attacking half ..!!

one thing is for certain, he deserves far more 1st team action than he is being afforded so far this season and if BHA can't guarantee him bit more frequent well deserving minutes then he shouldn't hesitate to leave on loan elsewhere in Europe if a decent alternative suitor offers him that chance ..!?

Comment

High praise for him on the north stand forum, a lot fancy him to start against Chelsea now and they say he would've been motm had it not been for mooy's performance.

(Please don't do the Iranian thing and hijack the arj thread on that board please, just go on as a guest and enjoy reading the comments)
                        you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
                        sigpic

Comment

I missed the game. So did Jahanbakhsh do alright during the time he played or was it just the goal? How was his confidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
                            Honestly, Your theory makes perfect sense but the Bournemouth match was way more of a must win than the Chelsea match and Ali got to start and delivered. If Potter, genuinely meant what he said about his attitude in training and considering his performance, I doubt he could be dropped even to the bench for the Chelsea tie, maybe I'm too big an optimist but I'm expecting him to start, I actually expect an unchanged line up considering that they are playing at home and Chelsea (my team) do not have the best defence in the league.
                            No doubt it was a must win game. Which was why Maupay was rested in the boxing day game against Tottenham.

They set up defensively, as I suspect they will do against Chelsea, to compete in the middle and frustrate Kane, Alli and Moura at the back. They successfully disrupted Tottenham's dominance and possession of the ball and were unlucky not to take a point out of the game. The story of their season is their position in the table belies their underlying performance stats in most games. There are 6 or 7 worse performing teams in this league at the halfway point (including West Ham and Villa, FAO inarsenewetrust) and I'm confident that there will be a fairer representation after 38 games.

The Chelsea game will be a similar affair. Stop them from playing their natural game. Have an outlet (Maupay) on the other end of the pitch for counter attacks. ARJ doesn't fit into Potters strategy for Chelsea. I hope to be proven wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                              I missed the game. So did Jahanbakhsh do alright during the time he played or was it just the goal? How was his confidence?
                              Please see the last 15 pages of this thread/post.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                                yea, regardless of his goal and good performance (3rd best i'd guess after standout performances from Mooy and Bissouma..!) I dont think BHA/Pothead will hesitate a second to offload him this winter on loan if any suitor agrees to pony up his full wages..! nor will he be suddenly becoming a regular bench appearing or starting player for pothead any time too soon..!!?
                                if he give him at least some minutes vs Chelsea then i could get more hopeful of that..!!

even if he struggles in the attacking front, he certainly makes his wing more reassuring in Defensive side of the pitch and does a great job of tracking back and taking away passing options for the opposition offense on his side of the pitch.... whether pothead recognizes and value that aspect of his game is questionable ftb..!? barring a few unforced giveaway passes and horrendous brain-fart moments from Montoya BHA's RB looked secured and shut-down all game long for Bournemouth and the width he created on offense provided much more room for Mooy and Maupay in middle of attacking half ..!!

one thing is for certain, he deserves far more 1st team action than he is being afforded so far this season and if BHA can't guarantee him bit more frequent well deserving minutes then he shouldn't hesitate to leave on loan elsewhere in Europe if a decent alternative suitor offers him that chance ..!?
                                I think you're right in saying that the club would jump at the chance to offload him in January, particularly if a club came in with an offer that allowed BHA to recoup a lion's share of the £17m or got his wages off the books at least until the summer.

On the flip side, I don't think that one good appearance with a goal, should change his opinion of how the last 4-5 months of his career has gone. We read words like "frustrated" and "difficult". I know most of us have been screaming for him to move on and learn from this experience. The question is whether he and his advisers are selfish enough about his career to feel the same. This latest interview indicates he's being a "nice guy" about it, defending the manager.

I'm not saying he should be blaming Potter, like most people on here do. He has the right as the coach to select the team he feels is right to get the performances and results that he's judged on. Equally, Alireza has the right to weigh up his options and, if he's not playing football, say "thanks but no thanks" and force a move. I think he only has himself to blame if he turns down any suitable permanent or loan offers next month and continues to be bench fodder or a reserve.

Comment

Working...
                                X